HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mother Teresa 2011-2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VincentLamarCarter

PostSubject: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Legit contenders?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suss

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:43 pm

"to strive in rivalry; compete; vie: to contend for first prize."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contender

Nope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Maybe for juniors, don't really follow it. Definately a no for seniors, they just lost by 20 in their season opener.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nbafan500

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Imo, they don't have a chance to contend against the strong teams such as St. Patricks, Sacred Heart and Louis Riel. They don't have a post presence or a strong point guard. The only scorer they have is Omar but one player is not enough to contend against strong teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VincentLamarCarter

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 pm

From what I hear he's been working on his game lately and trying to recruit players, Nurdin Ismail is apparently coming over next year and that's why hes taking a year off right now. They have post players and honestly I believe they're in the top 5 next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigZBaby

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:54 pm

VincentLamarCarter wrote:
From what I hear he's been working on his game lately and trying to recruit players, Nurdin Ismail is apparently coming over next year and that's why hes taking a year off right now. They have post players and honestly I believe they're in the top 5 next year

I agree with Carter, and in fact the juniors being brought up to the senior level have some size on them including Nolan Sullivan and it is rumoured that the junior's star Nathan Meckbib will be joining him so I think Mother Teresa is in the dog fight the coming year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Let's talk about 2010-2011. We'll talk about them next year if they are contenders, but for now lets stick with the contenders of this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Rowley

PostSubject: Rise of a program...   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:01 am

Mother Teresa is a basketball program on the rise...it takes time and hard work to rebuild a basketball progam with little to no history or success in the past....culture is as important as talent.

What I can tell you is we are getting better every year and slowly learning what it takes to win...both programs are on the rise with an influx of youth who garnered tremendous exprience this past season.

The Junior program exceeded expectations this season, as they earned a Tier One playoff berth. This team filled with grade 9's will be one to watch next season at the Junior level (10 of 12 players on this years roster were in Grade 9). The return of up to ten players and the addition of 5 key Grade 8's entering grade 9 will make the MT Junior Titans a team to watch.

I can also clear up the discussion on Nathan Mekbib...he WILL play Junior with his team mates and stay together with them over his 4 years.

The Senior program moved from a middle of the road Tier Two program two years ago to a playoff team tis season (although our record does not show it) This (again) young group of players (up to 8 Grade 11's eligible to return) have also learned a lot this season and will only improve next year.

On the Omar Dirie front (he will make his own personal decision on his return over the summer) so the speculation can stop until then...he will do what is best for his future, his return to MT basketball is secondary to what is best for him.

The program is on the rise...and the hard work will not stop...MT will see you on the courts in November 2011...then you can all decide for yourself if we are contenders or not...I will let you decide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SayWalah

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:29 am

LOL. Omar Dirie is really good at basketball. Real talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother Teresa 2011-2012   Today at 10:57 am

Back to top Go down

Mother Teresa 2011-2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1