HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New rules in Mini/Bantam and Middle Level

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Underdog

PostSubject: New rules in Mini/Bantam and Middle Level   Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:10 pm

BNB sent out a message this morning announcing that effective immediately they are eliminating zone defense in the half court and full court. Teams are no longer able to double team or trap in any way.

I think that the overall intent of the rule is good. I don't like the penalty for it. The first offence gets a warning, second a technical and third is removal of the coach. I think this is going to be a huge headache throughout the province. Players need an adjustment phase and I don't think that a coach should be put out of the gym because his players are struggling to adjust to this. Players have been double teaming in the backcourt for years and need time to adjust.

any thoughts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: New rules in Mini/Bantam and Middle Level   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Nice to actually see this put into place for the Mini's for sure, these are the years to learn skills and learn to play a player one on one. I have seen too many games won by just playing full court and pressuring the ball and plugging up the paint with their larger players. Don't get me wrong eventually these parts of basketball need to be brought into a teams overall stratagey but probably the JV level is more appropriate.

As far as the penalty it will take some getting use to but as long as it is enforced then teams will be quick to change their ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: New rules in Mini/Bantam and Middle Level   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:46 pm

This is something that has been needed at this level for a long time, at this age, let's concentrate on skill developement rather than on who can intimidate who. Good cal by BNB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rules in Mini/Bantam and Middle Level   Today at 5:12 am

Back to top Go down

New rules in Mini/Bantam and Middle Level
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1