HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
collegecoach



Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Whose the top players for each team in the Southern Conference Sr. Boys
Campobello
McAdam
Harvey
Fundy
Grand Manan
Rothsay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:46 pm

.


Last edited by Coach1 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LarryLegend33



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Campobelo- Tyler
McAdam- Brandon Moffit, (Carmichael is playing better ball)
Harvey- Jacob Wood
Grand Manan- Jordan Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fundy 89



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Fundy High   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 pm

No superstars on the Fundy team.

10 boys who have played together since mini-ball. They know each other well and play pretty well defensively.

As mentioned in a previos post, they're mostly grade 10 & 11 players ( and 2 non-starting seniors). They ran well with Campobello, but ran into foul trouble by mid-third quarter.

They play Grand Manan twice before they meet in league play. Its essentially the same teams that met at BNB midget class last year (as well as during jv play), so in the famous words of Jim Ross "It's going to be a barn burner Baby!" Fundy won 2/3 match ups under those teams, but all close.

Fundy is in a transition year, but could sneak in #3 or 4, depending on rest of season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall



Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 pm

My Ranking ** All Star Candidates

1. Gordan Robinson (HHS) **
2. Tyler Howlett (CICS) **
3. Brandon Moffitt (MHS) **
4. Jacob Wood (HHS)
5. Zach Pothier (GMCS)
6. Ben Coburn (MHS)
7. Justin Parrell (GMCS)
8. Carter Thompson (GMCS)
9. William Carroll (CICS)
10. Jordan Green (GMCS)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa



Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:33 pm

lol, CharlotteCounty, I'm geussing your from Grand Manan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever



Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm

CharlotteCountyBall wrote:
My Ranking ** All Star Candidates

1. Gordan Robinson (HHS) **
2. Tyler Howlett (CICS) **
3. Brandon Moffitt (MHS) **
4. Jacob Wood (HHS)
5. Zach Pothier (GMCS)
6. Ben Coburn (MHS)
7. Justin Parrell (GMCS)
8. Carter Thompson (GMCS)
9. William Carroll (CICS)
10. Jordan Green (GMCS)

Man, I am all about supportin' the home team, but if you want anybody to take you seriously, you gotta show some more intelligence than that, GM hasn't even broken the top 4 in the south, and you are gonna put 4 of their players in the top 10? Come on dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall



Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm

39forever wrote:
CharlotteCountyBall wrote:
My Ranking ** All Star Candidates

1. Gordan Robinson (HHS) **
2. Tyler Howlett (CICS) **
3. Brandon Moffitt (MHS) **
4. Jacob Wood (HHS)
5. Zach Pothier (GMCS)
6. Ben Coburn (MHS)
7. Justin Parrell (GMCS)
8. Carter Thompson (GMCS)
9. William Carroll (CICS)
10. Jordan Green (GMCS)

Man, I am all about supportin' the home team, but if you want anybody to take you seriously, you gotta show some more intelligence than that, GM hasn't even broken the top 4 in the south, and you are gonna put 4 of their players in the top 10? Come on dude!

The top three are no question the best in the conference. Besides the three, everybody else are good players. Grand Manan kept it close with McAdam and Campo? (the only league games they played) Tyler Howlett and Moffitt shined in those games. Grand Manans players deserves to be where they are no lower no higher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 pm

CharlotteCountyBall wrote:
39forever wrote:
CharlotteCountyBall wrote:
My Ranking ** All Star Candidates

1. Gordan Robinson (HHS) **
2. Tyler Howlett (CICS) **
3. Brandon Moffitt (MHS) **
4. Jacob Wood (HHS)
5. Zach Pothier (GMCS)
6. Ben Coburn (MHS)
7. Justin Parrell (GMCS)
8. Carter Thompson (GMCS)
9. William Carroll (CICS)
10. Jordan Green (GMCS)

Man, I am all about supportin' the home team, but if you want anybody to take you seriously, you gotta show some more intelligence than that, GM hasn't even broken the top 4 in the south, and you are gonna put 4 of their players in the top 10? Come on dude!

The top three are no question the best in the conference. Besides the three, everybody else are good players. Grand Manan kept it close with McAdam and Campo? (the only league games they played) Tyler Howlett and Moffitt shined in those games. Grand Manans players deserves to be where they are no lower no higher


Justin Parrell and Zach Pothier are very good players. Justin Parrell is probably of one of the best if not the best defender in the South. Zach Pothier is in grade 9 , you have to give him some credit ive watched some games and he has proven to me he will be great in a few years. Smart kid. The best player in the south right now is Brandon Moffitt followed by Tyler Howlett and then Gordon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball



Posts : 93
Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 pm

number 3 from harvey... gabriel walton i think his name is should be number 5. no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big Hammer



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:18 pm

I think Ben Coburn from McAdam and Thomas Murphy from Harvey should make the list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chevy



Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Watched Brandon Moffitt play very impressive size and skill.Tyler Howlett no wheres near the talent,put him on McAdam and just another ordinary player.There's a lot of players like Tyler in this league.There will be lots of backlash on this post but there's no size to him and he just doesn't impress me .He can be stopped,i don't know if Brandon can.Camp bench isn't deep which makes Tyler look better than he is.No I'm not from McAdam.Watch what the end of the year brings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:49 pm

chevy wrote:
Watched Brandon Moffitt play very impressive size and skill.Tyler Howlett no wheres near the talent,put him on McAdam and just another ordinary player.There's a lot of players like Tyler in this league.There will be lots of backlash on this post but there's no size to him and he just doesn't impress me .He can be stopped,i don't know if Brandon can.Camp bench isn't deep which makes Tyler look better than he is.No I'm not from McAdam.Watch what the end of the year brings.

You are right...there will be backlash..put Tyler on McAdam and he will just be another player...seriously...you obviously had both eyes closed when you watched him, it's your opinion I understand but wow....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall



Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 am

chevy wrote:
Watched Brandon Moffitt play very impressive size and skill.Tyler Howlett no wheres near the talent,put him on McAdam and just another ordinary player.There's a lot of players like Tyler in this league.There will be lots of backlash on this post but there's no size to him and he just doesn't impress me .He can be stopped,i don't know if Brandon can.Camp bench isn't deep which makes Tyler look better than he is.No I'm not from McAdam.Watch what the end of the year brings.

i cant take this seriously hahahah, Tyler Howlett is the best guard in the league. Put them two one on one, Tyler would shake and bake and blow right pass him. He can shoot, drive, defend, and he is smarter than Brandon Moffitt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft



Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:02 am

I saw Jacob Wood play twice this year and wasn't impressed. He is a solid point guard for sure on offense and defense. He can create shots for his teammates and get to the basket occasionally but his outside shot is shaky at best. It's quite surprising a guard in Harvey's system not having a good outside shot.

Gordon Robinson is incredibly dominant. Works hard on offense and defense, can knock down the 15 foot jump shot consistantly. He will be one of the best AA players next year.

To anyone doubting Tyler Howletts ability, not only would he outshine every player except for Moffitt on McAdam but he would do so on any other AA team. The kid is extremely solid, with an all around game. It's too bad he doesn't have more of a supporting cast which seems to be a prevalent factor in the smaller schools as the years go by. Get working on those Minor programs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball



Posts : 93
Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 am

tyler howlett would be a pretty decnt player on a top team, but not as good as everyone thinks he is on campobello.. off the ball he is average at best. On a top team he wont get the shot 90% of the possessions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breaker-96-99



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:07 am

Tyler H is right there Moffitt skill-wise, although he lacks the size. Off the ball skills mean nothing when you are a ball dominating point gaurd, I am sure that if he played in a different system, he would have success. As well, I am sure if Moffitt was in a system where he was required to distribute and score, like Tyler, he would do well. The point is, you could trade those two players, and they would still be the top players in the southern conference.
Carroll has to be mentioned in the top 10 as well, the Campo team plays with alot of heart. Carmichael as well is pretty sharp and is possibly top 5. Haven't seen Robinson yet, but I hear he plays alot like Mike Davis did back in the day, so he must be pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:41 am

ForceHimLeft (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:02 am) wrote:
I saw Jacob Wood play twice this year and wasn't impressed. He is a solid point guard for sure on offense and defense. He can create shots for his teammates and get to the basket occasionally but his outside shot is shaky at best. It's quite surprising a guard in Harvey's system not having a good outside shot.

Gordon Robinson is incredibly dominant. Works hard on offense and defense, can knock down the 15 foot jump shot consistantly. He will be one of the best AA players next year.

To anyone doubting Tyler Howletts ability, not only would he outshine every player except for Moffitt on McAdam but he would do so on any other AA team. The kid is extremely solid, with an all around game. It's too bad he doesn't have more of a supporting cast which seems to be a prevalent factor in the smaller schools as the years go by. Get working on those Minor programs!

I agree on Jacob Wood, he can no longer hit the outside shot, not sure if it his confidence or what. This has actually been a trend in Harvey the past few years, their 3-point shooting has been weak compared to Campo, GM, and McAdam. Not sure why, but they don't have the shooters like in the past.

Gordon is actually in grade 12 so he won't be around next year, but he is definitely a top five player in the south. Gabe Walton is only in grade 11 though, and he will be a force next year, as he is quickly becoming Harvey's best perimeter player.

Howlett is a great player, and he would definitely be the best or second best player on any team in the south.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 am

I'm not sure we need a whole topic for who the best 10 players are in 1 conference, of the smallest division, in the second smallest province in the country. At some point we are just generating debate for the sake of debate. Fine so be it:

I think the issue for me is this. If you take the best 3 - 4 kids on this list. Who on this list starts at a strong AAA team or even plays on a provincial team.

Moffit - Yes

Howlett/Gordon - Maybe

After that -????

I think you could look at the list of the top AA players in the whole province and have the same thing happen. You'd get about a 3rd of the list probably playing meaningful minutes on the top teams in this province and maybe making a provincial team.

These kids we are talking about are nice kids and solid high school players for their level. Lets not make it anymore than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breaker-96-99



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:10 am

CoachDJR (Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 am) wrote:
I'm not sure we need a whole topic for who the best 10 players are in 1 conference, of the smallest division, in the second smallest province in the country. At some point we are just generating debate for the sake of debate. Fine so be it:

I think the issue for me is this. If you take the best 3 - 4 kids on this list. Who on this list starts at a strong AAA team or even plays on a provincial team.

Moffit - Yes

Howlett/Gordon - Maybe

After that -????

I think you could look at the list of the top AA players in the whole province and have the same thing happen. You'd get about a 3rd of the list probably playing meaningful minutes on the top teams in this province and maybe making a provincial team.

These kids we are talking about are nice kids and solid high school players for their level. Lets not make it anymore than that.

Why not have a topic for this? Because there is a debate? Because it's a small conference? I thought that is what this forum is all about. Debate is a good thing, as long as proper decorum is practiced, and that is the case so far. Not only that, people actually seem interested in AA ball, more interested than say....'which AA players would make a good AAA team'. Just because the level of ball we are talking about here is not AAA and is in a small conference, does not mean we shouldn't be discussing it as much as we like. Taking down AA players a peg or two might interest a few people ya never know. If that is your issue, try starting another thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow! snap to DJR.
Back to top Go down
Once a Warrior...



Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:40 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
I'm not sure we need a whole topic for who the best 10 players are in 1 conference, of the smallest division, in the second smallest province in the country. At some point we are just generating debate for the sake of debate. Fine so be it:

I think the issue for me is this. If you take the best 3 - 4 kids on this list. Who on this list starts at a strong AAA team or even plays on a provincial team.

Moffit - Yes

Howlett/Gordon - Maybe

After that -????

I think you could look at the list of the top AA players in the whole province and have the same thing happen. You'd get about a 3rd of the list probably playing meaningful minutes on the top teams in this province and maybe making a provincial team.

These kids we are talking about are nice kids and solid high school players for their level. Lets not make it anymore than that.

Maybe you should only read AAA posts DJR, AA fans here in the DIRTY SOUTH are the best in the province even though we are itty bitty!!
The last time I checked this is still a free country and we can discuss whatever we want to discuss even if it is.... beneath you....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Part of the reason that there is so much focus on this conference on these boards is because there are so many users from there. It seems that McAdam, Campo, GM, Harvey, etc. have caught the hooplife craze and this is their place to discuss what's going on. There are definitely lots of others who contribute to these boards, but hopefully hooplife will become more well known to people and players from bigger areas so that we will get a little more chatter on AAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm

.


Last edited by Coach1 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
collegecoach



Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:47 pm

I have coached a college team in the province for several years . All I want to say is... Yes the Southern Conference is small but they are mighty and I have seen some of the best players come out from the southern conference, and the most respectful players too! Don't pay attention to DPR coach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down
 
Top Players in Southern Conference Sr. Boys AA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Players in Southern Kenosha, WI or Antioch/Gurnee, IL areas?
» Top Grade 10 Players Playing Senior Boys Basketball BC 2015
» top 20 players in alberta?
» Top 10 boys and Girls players in New Brunswick.
» Kanata Cavaliers U19 Boys Tryouts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: