HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ballhard

PostSubject: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Rank the best teams in each conference to see where we stand so far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:50 pm

AAA
SRB
SH
St. Pats
St. Matt's
Hillcrest
St. Joe's
Bell
Nepean
Colonel By
Earl of March

AA
LBP
Immaculata
Ashbury
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MehdiTihani

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:20 pm

How can you put Colonel By lower than Bell when Bell lost to them by 20+?

And Nepean is a lot better than you're giving them credit for...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

In my opinion Nepean should be ahead of hillcrest and possibly ahead of st.matts. It will be interesting to see who wins the St. Matts vs St. Pats Game on Wednesday and the Hillcrest vs Nepean game tomorrow. That should solidify the top 5...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Some other things to consider as well. First, I believe SH is AAAA this year but I am not positive. Not that it matters for this discussion as they all play in the same division. Also, St. Pius almost beat SRB in the referees tournament losing in overtime so I would not underestimate them. Their top five is as strong as anyone's top five. Bell is a bit of an enigma right now. I heard that they are battling some injuries which many are suggesting is the reason for their slow start as many expected them to be one of the top teams. Their two games this week should give us some indication as to where they are as they play both SRB and SH. There are many other great games this week that will give us more of an indication of ranking teams. Justin got hurt in the Queens tournament so it will be interesting if he plays for Nepean this week or not. I would also add St. Paul's to the AA list even though they are 0-2 they did lose to two of the teams already on your list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballhard

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 pm

i think homecourt's list is pretty accurate as hillcrest did beat nepean today and colonel bye is 0-2 and these are rankings at the moment..i'm sure they'll be changing every week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:45 am

ballhard wrote:
i think homecourt's list is pretty accurate as hillcrest did beat nepean today and colonel bye is 0-2 and these are rankings at the moment..i'm sure they'll be changing every week

Thanks, it's a subjective list as everyone will have their opinions and arguments for each school. I try to combine regular season (quality of wins) and tournament results so you can capture an overall ranking. SRB and SH have won the 2 local tourneys to date as well as LBP (Colonel By on the week-end) - winning these tournaments against good local competition has to count for something and be included when ranking teams. Also, don't know all the results so you throw a list up with what you think.

It will definitely change with regular season and of course Ashbury College tourney results this week-end. Not sure who's all in it but hear it's not a strong field (Ashbury, St. Pats, Earl of March...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:49 am

Did Justin play in the Hillcrest / Nepean game? What was the score of the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellbasketball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Overall including every team what would the top 5 be persoanlly i'd say something like : Srb, Sacred Heart, Lbp, (ecspecially cause you said they won the past 3 tournaments) then possible st.pats, and ashbury not sure about the last 2 though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Bellbasketball wrote:
Overall including every team what would the top 5 be persoanlly i'd say something like : Srb, Sacred Heart, Lbp, (ecspecially cause you said they won the past 3 tournaments) then possible st.pats, and ashbury not sure about the last 2 though.

I'm not sure about SH. They lost to Bell today. Definitely Bell team has a place in the top teams discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Perhaps St. Joes should get more credit too since they are 3-0 and they beat Bell by 12. The one thing that is for sure is that there seems to be a sense that there are no real easy games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Who do you think will have a undefeated regular season record i say Sir robert borden in the west because they have already faced the the best teams and beat them. and and in the east st matts even though people underate them this year because of all there players graduated. by looking at the standings right now it seems that colonel by might not even make the playoffs and there was such hype about them winning the championship this year because of there junior record
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 pm

The game between St.Joes and SRB next week should determine who is the best in the west, and who might go on to an undefeated season. Does anyone know what happened with Sacred Heart losing to Bell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Bell clearly stepped it up, and changed something in their game. they were up by as big 20+ at points in the game.
there offense is just spread out because anyone on their team is capable of scoring, defense was great, they played there zone very well and forced SH to turn the ball over plenty of times.
they did lose grip of the game near the end as they let SH back in it with great 3 point shooting but they got their head right back in it and ended the game.
if they played like the way the played that game in all of their games so far the record would of been much different.
p.s SH has a great set of shooters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:19 pm

why is the St. Pius vs Sacred Heart game on thursday january 28 2009 played at scotiabank place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Bell vs. SH   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:29 am

we still have to take into consideration that Sacred Heart did NOT have Sean Stoqua as he was missing from the game. Word was he was in Toronto or something? I think if he was there, it would've been a much different game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:34 am

Ya and also heard SH was missing their other starting guard John P #10 so with him and Sean it probably would have been different but Bell sounds like they're still a top team. That St. Joe's/SRB game will be a good one for sure. Any news on Ashbury College tournament results?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: IMO   Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:06 pm

My Top 10 right now would be :
(1) SRB (4-0)
(2) Nepean (2-1)
(3) St. Joes (3-0)
(4) SH (2-2)
(5) Bell (2-2)
(6) St. Matts (2-0)
(7) St. Pats (2-0)
(8 ) Hillcrest (2-1)
(9) St. Pius (2-2)
(10) Colonel By (0-2)

*This will most likey change as more teams play more games and against better teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballin3

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:55 pm

about st joes, theyre a team consisting of 3 legit players only: alex labranche and ajmal and lane..and i was told only alex will be playing against srb cause of injuries which is how it was against south carelton where they won by only 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:04 pm

613Ball wrote:
My Top 10 right now would be :
(1) SRB (4-0)
(2) Nepean (2-1)
(3) St. Joes (3-0)
(4) SH (2-2)
(5) Bell (2-2)
(6) St. Matts (2-0)
(7) St. Pats (2-0)
(8 ) Hillcrest (2-1)
(9) St. Pius (2-2)
(10) Colonel By (0-2)

*This will most likey change as more teams play more games and against better teams.

Good list but if you also factor in tournament results then i would definitely move St. Pats and St. Matts up a few spots. Especially since St. Matts beat St.Joes and that St.Pats went to the finals of the Bill Wren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:20 pm

oo I didn't know that. This list was just based on season play. I haven't seen any tournaments, just alot of season games. I knew St. Pats and St. Matts were good I was just waiting for them to play more games. We'll see how they do after this week. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 pm

The Ashbury tourni didnt have much close games but the semi finals which was st.pats vs SH was probably the only one,
Nepean beat EOM ( without lucas or justin)
Ashbury beat Nepean ( who did not have justin)
St.pats beat glebe
SH beat st.pats

so you have SH vs Ashbury tomorrow at 10:30 Am
will be a tight game,

so far no 1 player has done much by themselves, cuz there is a lot of great team ball and everyone scoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 am

I would think that the four undefeated teams would be in the top five and SH would also have to be in the top five considering their two losses were to SRB and in a game without one of the best players in city playing. Not in order but St. Pats, St. Matts, SRB, St. Joes, and SH should be top 5. Nepean, Hillcrest, Bell, are knocking on the door. Not sure I would have 0-2 CB in top until they start doing it on the court. Their game this week against St. Matts will go a long way to determining if they belong in the conversation yet. Pius' only two losses come against two teams that are still undefeated and so they too should be considered. If we are talking city wide, the top would change a bit with adding LBP and possibly Ashbury and Immaculata. Is Deslauriers deserving of consideration at 3-0 as well? City wide, I would say that the top five were mentioned above and 6-10 would be LBP, Ashbury, Bell, Hillcrest, and Nepean (not in order). LBP could make a legitimate argument that they deserve to be top five as well. The first tournament back after the break (Jaguar Classic) should be a good indicator as all of the teams mentioned above are in it except Sacred Heart and Deslauriers.

Last edited by coachc on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Theres lots of talk about bell i see, i've seen them play SRB and SH and to me it just looked a like whole new team, the SRB game was very good till the end, bell had many come backs and was hanging in, until they mentally broke down cuz of a dunk from amir which really hyped up the gym, if they can work on mentally never giving up, they will be good, plus they got a really easy schedule coming up. they could go on a 7-0 run(counting SH).
st.joes has not faced any decent teams so far, other than a broken bell, but we will see what type of a team they really are in the next few games.
i've been wondering if SRB can go 10-0 but after st.joes this week and last 3 games consists of st.matts,Nepean,Hillcrest, which is a hard roadblock for them.
i did not catch the Ashbury finals today,
anyone know what happened?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Reasons for my top 10.   Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:12 pm

I did my rankings on AAA/AAAA since the topic is about each division. Haven't watch any of the A/AA games. And I didn't put the St. Matts and St. Pats in the top because i felt that two games don't mean much. Other teams have played 3-4 games and I have seen how good they were. St. Matts and St. Pats are two really good teams I am just waiting for them to play more games and that may decide if they go up or down. I put Colonel By in the Top 10 because they lost to two very good teams and by a small margin (7 to Nepean, OTL to St. Matts). This list will most likely change by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Today at 1:57 am

Back to top Go down

Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next