HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MehdiTihani

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 pm

^I dont see how you can have Hillcrest over St Matts...I love Hillcrest and think they're very underrated, but St Matts has never lost to them and has in fact beaten them twice in regular season play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:24 pm

As has been said before, the spots from 2-10 are interchangable as games are decided by who matches up better against a different team. I think that the one team that should be getting more credit is Bell. Bell has been playing a different level of basketball since the start of the year and has given number one team SRB their closest game of the year against an Ottawa team. They are however, their own worst enemies because when they decide to play tough, they are a hard team to beat. On the other hand, if they decide to just fold, they are easily beaten. Also remember that Bell has lost a lot of players due to injury or suspension in the recent while, so we will not know their potential untill playoff time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:23 pm

With st.matts winning over st. joes today you have to move them up as they have beat both hillcrest and st. joes twice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 pm

tritacke wrote:
.... I think that the one team that should be getting more credit is Bell. .........has given number one team SRB their closest game of the year against an Ottawa team. ........ Also remember that Bell has lost a lot of players due to injury or suspension in the recent while, .......

Do NOT agree. In my opinion they r overrated
1. Bell in fact did NOT challenged SRB at all. They lost by 20pts during season game having everybody on the team. Even teams like St. Pius and EOM did better.
2. All other teams have similar complains about missing players. Example: SH lost to Bell with both pg missing. Having Shawn at that day, SH should win with Bell ??!?
3. Bell, most proly finishes 4th in the west, after SRB, SH, St, Joseph, so 9 -10 place on the Top 10 List is adequate and well deserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:50 pm

redemption wrote:
With st.matts winning over st. joes today you have to move them up as they have beat both hillcrest and st. joes twice.

SRB
CB
SH
St. Patricks
St. Matthews
Ashbury
Hillcrest
LBP
St. Josephs
Bell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 am

Having CB 2nd may right, but seems odd as they are currently in 2nd place in the east and you have the 1st place St. Pats fourth?? Also, LBP beat Ashbury in league play but I am not sure if they have played tournament games against each other. Also, I think the game that tritacke is referring to where Bell played tough against SRB is their one point loss in the St. Joes tournament. St. Pius took SRB to overtime in the referees tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Perhaps SH should still be 2nd since CB lost to Hillcrest as well this weekend and SH was the lone Ottawa rep in the final of the National Capital Classic. Also, does Ashbury move up with their victory over St. Pats?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Today at 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5