HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
homecourt

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:05 pm

throwback wrote:
Theres lots of talk about bell i see, i've seen them play SRB and SH and to me it just looked a like whole new team, the SRB game was very good till the end, bell had many come backs and was hanging in, until they mentally broke down cuz of a dunk from amir which really hyped up the gym, if they can work on mentally never giving up, they will be good, plus they got a really easy schedule coming up. they could go on a 7-0 run(counting SH).
st.joes has not faced any decent teams so far, other than a broken bell, but we will see what type of a team they really are in the next few games.
i've been wondering if SRB can go 10-0 but after st.joes this week and last 3 games consists of st.matts,Nepean,Hillcrest, which is a hard roadblock for them.
i did not catch the Ashbury finals today,
anyone know what happened?

Heard SH beat St. Pats in semis and Ashbury in the final by 4 pts in a close game. That's the Bill Wren and Ashbury College tournament championships, now if they can just win a few regular season games but guess they should stay in the top 5 based on tournament wins against good local teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

613Ball wrote:
I did my rankings on AAA/AAAA since the topic is about each division. Haven't watch any of the A/AA games. And I didn't put the St. Matts and St. Pats in the top because i felt that two games don't mean much. Other teams have played 3-4 games and I have seen how good they were. St. Matts and St. Pats are two really good teams I am just waiting for them to play more games and that may decide if they go up or down. I put Colonel By in the Top 10 because they lost to two very good teams and by a small margin (7 to Nepean, OTL to St. Matts). This list will most likely change by the end of the week.

CB has yet to play St.Matts they play them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:39 am

I meant to say St. Pats. But even with St. Matts next, CB played the 3 hardest teams in the East first. Their record will look better after they get by the St. Matts game hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 am

Let's face it, with only 15 teams in AAA/AAAA by listing ten, we are only eliminating five from the discussion. The fact that people would include an 0-2 team in the discussion either suggest that we are digging too deep or that there is great competition. Perhaps the difference between the top team and the teams struggling right now is minimal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: In regards to Coach C's ranking and comment   Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm

As I said, when I made those rankings it was too early in the season to allow teams that started 2-0 to automatically be in the Top 5 and knocking off a team 0-2 out of the Top 10 Contention. And today, Colonel By proved my point. They beat St. Matts making them 1-2 and bringing St. Matts 2-1. Now what do you do, St Matts is 2-1 but should they be above of Colonel By who is 1-2 but beat St Matts?? Also, they lost to St. Pats in OT and ultimately by only 3 points. Do you think they shouldn't be considered in the Top 10 now since they beat one of your top 5 and lost to the other in OT? That is why I based my rankings not only on the records, but the quality of their opponents and the margin of wins/losses. By the end of this week, we should see a change in the rankings for AAA/AAAA and a big change once we get back and hit the Jaguar Classic.

Last edited by 613Ball on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topflight94

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 pm

In the EOM-Nepean game justin was playing. St.pats stuck with SH and was up in the 4th but SH just hit some clutch 3's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:57 pm

CB had a nice win over St. Matts,
Glebe was a little to close vs. Hillcrest, perhaps so far we have over rated them.
well SRB basically destroyed St.joes, any one know what happened there?
Bell blew out Earl(without their top player #21), i was watching the game, Earl had 4 points in the first Q and 11 by the half, their defense is very impressive.

St. matthew and hillcrest tomorrow should be a good game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K10S

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:45 pm

for the srb st joes game i heard that a lot of st joes players werent there cuz they got in trouble in school? not sure if thats true or not. SRB didnt play amin amir jamal or farhan in the fisrt half of the game due to practice issues. nikola got in foul trouble early and sat out most of the first half. by the end of the first half i think srb was up by like 6 or sumthing and then amir amin jamal farhan and nikola were put in the second half and they just dominated from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm

i understand not allowing players to play such as st.joes , bell and any other teams, but you can't force the kids to do anything at the Sr. level, they are all smart enough to make choices knowing the results.
i dont agree with taking ball away from them, because it teaches them so much things you will never learn in school, so if you take away ball, then what do they have?
thats just my opinion on suspension and stuff, im referring to final year players, because the younger kids still have years to come and suspending them i guess could be a way of teaching them things for there final years.

anyways off topic,
you said players weer suspended, did alex from st.joes play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballin3

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:23 pm

according to an srb player, the 3 best st joes players didn't play and the game was not serious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 am

Throwback, are you saying that senior players should not face suspension from a team if they violate school or team rules?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:23 am

As a coach and teacher, I think that school and sport go hand in hand in teaching young men and women valuable lessons in life. The most obvious lesson is that there are consequences (positive and negative) for people's actions or inactions. Thus, if a player chooses to do something harmful to the team, they will be consequenced. Included in the "harmful" comment is living up to their academic committments first and foremost as we are talking about student athletes. Perhaps in club ball there are no consequences for school behaviour, but in high school ball, the two are interconnected. This is why so many college and university coaches touch base with the high school coach; because they want to know that the student athlete can handle both repsonsibilities simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:55 pm

my comment has came out the wrong way, my apologies for the subject change,
coachc and xavier i will respond with a more on this on a new topic,
but just quickly yes they should face suspension and i agree with coachc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldtymeballer

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 pm

If a top 10 of all teams from A to AAAA was made who would be on the list from A and AA? I assume Pearson and Ashbury for sure but what about Louis Riel or any others?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrcitycoach

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 pm

I couldn't agree with you more coachc. If both these young men and women don't learn that playing basketball is a priviledge and not a right. Being a student athlete automatically carries higher expectations than the average student. Of course performance in the classroom is key before participation is (and should be) allowed. Outside those two parameters, they would have to understand (as coachc stated) that their actions or inactions with either will have direct consequences on both. There should also be an onus placed on the coach as well to better individuals both on the floor and ensure they're doing well in the classroom. There is a lot more than X's and O's when it comes to student athletes. You're helping shape them for the future and prepping the for whatever life may throw their way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:25 am

oldtymeballer wrote:
If a top 10 of all teams from A to AAAA was made who would be on the list from A and AA? I assume Pearson and Ashbury for sure but what about Louis Riel or any others?

IMO

1) SRB
2) Sacred Heart
3) LBP
4) Ashbury
5) St. Josephs
6) St. Patrick's
7) Bell
8 ) Nepean
9) St. Matthews
10) Hillcrest

Honourable Mentions: Deslauriers, St. Pius, Notre Dame, Colonel By

**Still early, just my opinion. Didn't know if Deslaurier should be included since they are 4-0, haven't seen them play yet. We still need to wait for teams to play more games. Hopefully the Jaguar Classic can clear this up more.

Last edited by 613Ball on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 am

I don't think that SH should be any lower than third (likely second). Apparently they have beaten St. Pats and Ashbury recently both of whom you have higher than them. St. matts beat Hillcrest so should not be below them either. Yes Bell beat SH but that was without Stoqua. Not sure who Nepean has beaten to be ranked ahead of Bell, SH, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 am

coachc wrote:
I don't think that SH should be any lower than third (likely second). Apparently they have beaten St. Pats and Ashbury recently both of whom you have higher than them. St. matts beat Hillcrest so should not be below them either. Yes Bell beat SH but that was without Stoqua. Not sure who Nepean has beaten to be ranked ahead of Bell, SH, etc.

That's true, I never knew SH beat Ashbury, if I knew that it would've been different. I will edit the list now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm

With what Sacred has done so far, they should be ranked high,but they did lose to Bell. People are saying Sacred didn't have Sean, but Bell was missing Mohammed; probably their best player, due to an injury. I think once the Bell guys stop fighting with each other, and get their lineup fixed, they'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForumJerk

PostSubject: Woodroffe?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Shocked Does anyone know what in the world is going on with Woodroffe? They go from being semifinalists last year to being 0-4. They have pretty solid coaching and the teams only get harder from here. They lost To MT which is arguably the worst team in AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IrishCK

PostSubject: In My Humble Opinion   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Here's how it looks from over here...

1) Sir Robert Borden - 5-0 in league play. Won the only local tournament they have been in (Referees Tournament)
2) Sacred Heart - Won both the Bill Wren Classic and the Ashbury Invitational. 3-2 in league play however, one loss was to #1 SRB and the other was to Bell without their starting backcourt
3) Lester B Pearson - 4-0 in league play. Won the Colonel By Tournament
4) St. Patrick's - 4-0 in league play. Have only lost in local tournament play to the eventual tournament champions (SRB at the Referees Tourney; Sacred in the finals of the Bill Wren and again to Sacred in the semi's of the Ashbury Tourney)

after the top 4 it gets a bit messy......

5) Ashbury - went to the finals of their tourney; 4-0 in league play
6) St. Matthew's - 3-1 in league play; lost to Lester B Pearson in the Colonel By Tourney Finals
7) Hillcrest - 3-2 in league play; two losses to St. Matt's
8 ) St. Joe's - 3-1 in league play
9) Nepean - 2-1 in league play
10) Colonel By - 1-2 in league play but have had a very tough schedule to start the season

not that I need to say this, but feel free to dispute.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ottawaball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:50 pm

ForumJerk wrote:
Shocked Does anyone know what in the world is going on with Woodroffe? They go from being semifinalists last year to being 0-4. They have pretty solid coaching and the teams only get harder from here. They lost To MT which is arguably the worst team in AA.

Yes you are right. what has happened to Woodroffe. Also, what has happened to Ridgemont? They were last years AA champions and they did have players who were supposed to return to play this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real_Balla

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm

you have to give bell some credit, their 3-2 but they are missing their best player who's down to an injury.
And most likely this ranking will change after the st.joes tourney as we will have a better view of every team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Bell is a very unpredictable team. One day, they can beat a decent team easily (e.g. earl of march) while the next day they can lose to an average team by a lot such as colonel by. I do think that they deserve to be mentionned in the top ten teams in the city, but untill they prove that they can be consistent and beat the best teams (with all of thier star players there), they shouldn't be in the top 5 teams at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 pm

why does it say on fat dog that Imaculata beat ridgemont 75-8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Today at 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next