HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lil kobe24



Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 pm

nepean is now 2-2 after losing to sir wil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 am

If Nepean lost to Sir Wil, then they would most likely be out of the top ten. Did Justin play? What was the score in the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:53 am

IrishCK wrote:
Here's how it looks from over here...

1) Sir Robert Borden - 5-0 in league play. Won the only local tournament they have been in (Referees Tournament)
2) Sacred Heart - Won both the Bill Wren Classic and the Ashbury Invitational. 3-2 in league play however, one loss was to #1 SRB and the other was to Bell without their starting backcourt
3) Lester B Pearson - 4-0 in league play. Won the Colonel By Tournament
4) St. Patrick's - 4-0 in league play. Have only lost in local tournament play to the eventual tournament champions (SRB at the Referees Tourney; Sacred in the finals of the Bill Wren and again to Sacred in the semi's of the Ashbury Tourney)

after the top 4 it gets a bit messy......

5) Ashbury - went to the finals of their tourney; 4-0 in league play
6) St. Matthew's - 3-1 in league play; lost to Lester B Pearson in the Colonel By Tourney Finals
7) Hillcrest - 3-2 in league play; two losses to St. Matt's
8 ) St. Joe's - 3-1 in league play
9) Nepean - 2-1 in league play
10) Colonel By - 1-2 in league play but have had a very tough schedule to start the season

not that I need to say this, but feel free to dispute.....

Most of this makes sense to me but I would put St. Joes ahead of Hillcrest, put Bell on the list at 9 and move Nepean to HM. This will bump CB out for now, but if they deserve top ten they will start winning their league games to prove it. It does however, highlight the great competition if a 1-2 team is likely a top ten team in the city. My list is as follows:

1. SRB
2. SH
3. LBP
4. St. Pats
5. St. Matts
6. Ashbury
7. St. Joes
8. Hillcrest
9. Bell
10. St. Pius

HM CB, Notre Dame, Immaculata, Nepean, Deslauriers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke



Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

Who does Sir Wil have playing for them this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lil kobe24



Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 am

Justin did play but sir wil played great defense on him and funstrated him alot. the score of the game was 50-44

Sir wil has malcolm brown (SF/SG) a guardsmen player and kivon mayers (Pg/SG) a next level player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:51 pm

lil kobe24 wrote:
Justin did play but sir wil played great defense on him and funstrated him alot. the score of the game was 50-44

Sir wil has malcolm brown (SF/SG) a guardsmen player and kivon mayers (Pg/SG) a next level player.


Does Next Level has a grade 11 and/or grade 12 teams this season? I heard that they have ONLY midget team (grade 9 - 10) Is Kivon grade 10?

As per Malcolm, he is a very athletic player. Very Athletic. Definitely he will make university bball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lil kobe24



Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:47 am

i totally agree malcolm is a fantastic player. Next leve does have a u17 team that kivon plays on. kivon is a grade 11 and i belive one of the highest scorers on the team but he is only 5'8 5'9 tops but he can get up i saw him grab and offensive rebound over a 6'6 guy and get an and 1 he is a very atheltic player also and has been one of the highest scorers on the team since grade 9 i believe him and malcolm use to play together also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 pm

There have already been some games at the St. Joes tournament that will effect the rankings of teams. CB is proving that they belong in the top ten. I watched them beat St. Pius last night and this team is capable of playing with any of the top teams in the city. The fact that they beat Pius puts them ahead of them at least on the top ten list, and I would not be surprised if we are talking about them as a top five team before the season is over. Deslauriers deserves more respect as well. I watched them play St. Matts and they were right there with them all game. Gavin fouled out with about four minutes left and the St. Matts team was able to actually increase their lead on Deslauriers with Gavin on the bench. Still, only losing by 6 to a top 10 team shows how close Deslauriers is to this group. They are athletic and have some good finish. Quite honestly, they had control of the game until St. Matts put in a zone and shut them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball



Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 pm

coachc wrote:
There have already been some games at the St. Joes tournament that will effect the rankings of teams. CB is proving that they belong in the top ten. I watched them beat St. Pius last night and this team is capable of playing with any of the top teams in the city. The fact that they beat Pius puts them ahead of them at least on the top ten list, and I would not be surprised if we are talking about them as a top five team before the season is over. Deslauriers deserves more respect as well. I watched them play St. Matts and they were right there with them all game. Gavin fouled out with about four minutes left and the St. Matts team was able to actually increase their lead on Deslauriers with Gavin on the bench. Still, only losing by 6 to a top 10 team shows how close Deslauriers is to this group. They are athletic and have some good finish. Quite honestly, they had control of the game until St. Matts put in a zone and shut them down.

The only reason people thought CB was not well was because of their regular season record. Although, people didn't take into consideration who they played. Their first 3 games were against very good teams and they barely lost in two of them. CB is a very good team. St. Pius is not as good as people think they are. They are decent, but I don't think they will crack Top 4 in the West. Same goes for EOM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 pm

It is funny, you suggest that Pius is overhyped yet I believe that they are underappreciated. They get no love and play right with SRB (took them to O.T. the first time they played), lost in OT to St. Joseph, and beat All Saints. Their top four guys are for real. Their game with Bell may go a long way to saying who is top four in the west but Bell has much easier cross over games than Pius so you may be right. I also think that CB was underrated initially because of the league record and their poor showing at the referees tournament. They have clearly righted the ship and are solid. Lastly, I just watched a good game between St. Pats and St. Joes from Cornwall where St. Joes won by 11. Shayok's little brother played a solid game but St. Joe's size and defence was perhaps a little too much on this night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 pm

does anyone know if there will be any suspensions after the srb bell game friday night?

-Im thinking a couple guys on bell should be suspended
-#3 on srb threw a punch so there should be huge consequences for him I do not see why he was allowed to finish the tournament?..poor decision on the coach of srbs part
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41



Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I heard one bell's player got #3 in a chokehold, and another pushed him, so I would think both sides are equally at fault here, and there were players for srb that did not join in, so good for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:10 pm

yes I believe #22 had #3 in a chokehold after he had thrown a punch, both teams are at fault here, but SRBs bench was down in the mix before BELL was, what are the rules when it comes to a punch being thrown?..I've heard of players being suspended for the rest of the season when actions like that are made
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41



Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm not sure about this but I heard bell's team had a contract with their school to not get into altercations like this, hopefully their punishment won't be too severe, and they can still play, but if #3 for srb is suspended for the season, then that will be a major blow, and the door is going to be wide open for other teams to try and win the city championships, because srb looked unbeatable early in the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K10S



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

well scout1 i dont no if u were at the game or not because i was. but the words coming from # 3 were that he didnt throw a punch. i was at the game and this is wat is happening. everyone from both teams who were on the bench and got off the bench onto the court will be suspended for one game. some players, not all, from both teams ( which were the players on the court at the time this started) were written up and i believe that there will be something going on about those players with the league, not sure wat yet though. now wat i saw was that the chockhold was wat started this. after bell missed the free throw to tie, amir ( #3) got the rebound and then was fouled ( chokehold) by the bell player. so # 3 did not throw a punch and then got in a chokehold because he was holding onto the ball. now from wat # 3 said was that he didnt throw a punch. so it wasnt a punch that started this all. im not saying he didnt throw a punch but im just syaing what he said and that it wouldnt make sense that a punch be thrown and then put in a chokehold if #3 had the ball and new that his team had won the game at that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Tidus41 wrote:
I'm not sure about this but I heard bell's team had a contract with their school to not get into altercations like this, hopefully their punishment won't be too severe, and they can still play, but if #3 for srb is suspended for the season, then that will be a major blow, and the door is going to be wide open for other teams to try and win the city championships, because srb looked unbeatable early in the season.

1) I believe SRB without Amir still will be the top city team. They have a lot talent there and best and most competitive senior coach in the city school ball right now.
Amir is NOT their key player. He can help a lot, but they r still capable to win city championship without him.

2) Anyone who forgets what's basketball about should be suspended for the season. I like Amir as a basketball player but if this is true what he's accused for, he is not mature enough to represent SRB. I'm saying if..., if... I was not there. I'm not judging.

3) Who is the other player from Bell. This is not Sham as he's #23.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotmaker



Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:51 pm

K10S wrote:
well scout1 i dont no if u were at the game or not because i was. but the words coming from # 3 were that he didnt throw a punch. i was at the game and this is wat is happening. everyone from both teams who were on the bench and got off the bench onto the court will be suspended for one game. some players, not all, from both teams ( which were the players on the court at the time this started) were written up and i believe that there will be something going on about those players with the league, not sure wat yet though. now wat i saw was that the chockhold was wat started this. after bell missed the free throw to tie, amir ( #3) got the rebound and then was fouled ( chokehold) by the bell player. so # 3 did not throw a punch and then got in a chokehold because he was holding onto the ball. now from wat # 3 said was that he didnt throw a punch. so it wasnt a punch that started this all. im not saying he didnt throw a punch but im just syaing what he said and that it wouldnt make sense that a punch be thrown and then put in a chokehold if #3 had the ball and new that his team had won the game at that point.


Number 22 on Bell put #3 from SRB in a chokehold to prevent him from swinging at another Bell player. As far as I know all the bench players who came on to the court are being suspended, as well as a couple of other players involved in other altercations after the game had ended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K10S



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 pm

i dont get it. amir (#3) got the rebound and had the ball so he would have only thrown a punch (if he did throw a punch , im not saying he did or didnt, has nothing to do with me) if someone fouled or something? he wouldnt just throw a punch at random. so did someone foul him before he threw the punch. because ur telling me that 22 put him in a chockhold after he threw a punch, so who fouled amir then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 pm

from what i know amir had thrown the punch or elbow or w.e it was after #21 josh had fouled intentionally (seemed like a pretty hard foul) but he was just trying to stop the clock ASAP, #23 Sham on Bell had a few choice words for the officials at the end of the game he will likely see a suspension aswell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41



Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Everyone I have talked about the incident who were at the game say that amir did not throw a punch, and it started when he got the rebound off the missed free throw, and then it all started. If someone in the nba got someone else in a chokehold, it would for sure be a flagrant 2 foul, and I believe the teams would have probably reacted in the same way, cause things similar to this have happened before. Also amir has no history of altercations on the court, so hopefully he will not be out for the season if they do suspend him, I believe a warning, or suspending him up to the playoffs at most would be enough. That is if he actually threw a punch, because everyone's stories do not all match up. If the board has to punish any more individual players for their part in the altercation, I'm sure they will pay attention to the fact that SRB has no history to altercations like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 am

SRB has no other altercations and bell does?..even though the altercation you are referring to that bell had was with SRB
Amir Majidi started the whole mess after a hard foul from Josh Shiposh.
If you argue that amir didnt throw the punch, you can easily say that Mohamed Darwish was trying to hold Amir back from actually landing the punch.
but anyways, there are 2 major suspensions
Sham Mohamud #23 5 games-for throwing the ball at the referee (i saw him launch the ball, didnt go anywhere near the ref)
H.Ouda #1 4 games

Both teams had there benches suspended for there 1 game today because they had left there benches during the altercation
I do not think this is fair for the Bell team, 5 and 4 games are a little too extreme, and nothing for the borden guys is just in my mind stupid, the coach of SRB should step up and give his guys some sort of punishment because this is just ridiculous, I spoke to the Bell coach and he said something about a friendship between the ref and the Borden coach, but who knows right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:13 am

In an attempt to change the topic back to what it was meant to be about, there have been some big games this week and are some more to come that can effect people's rankings. For example, Nepean beat St. Pats by 20 and Sacred Heart beat St. Joes by 9. St. Matts and Nepean play each other tonight. As for the A/AA divsion, Ashbury and LBP play tonight and Deslauriers plays Immaculata on Thursday. Some interesting results for this division this week were Notre Dame beating Deslauriers by 1, Ashbury beating Immaculata by 7, and Louis Riel beating St. Paul by 4. Given these results and the results from the tournaments this weekend, have people's opinions changed about the order they would rank these teams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt



Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 pm

coachc wrote:
In an attempt to change the topic back to what it was meant to be about, there have been some big games this week and are some more to come that can effect people's rankings. For example, Nepean beat St. Pats by 20 and Sacred Heart beat St. Joes by 9. St. Matts and Nepean play each other tonight. As for the A/AA divsion, Ashbury and LBP play tonight and Deslauriers plays Immaculata on Thursday. Some interesting results for this division this week were Notre Dame beating Deslauriers by 1, Ashbury beating Immaculata by 7, and Louis Riel beating St. Paul by 4. Given these results and the results from the tournaments this weekend, have people's opinions changed about the order they would rank these teams?

There's definitely some adjustments based on regular season play and some tournament performances. This list will change overnight with tonight's game results - here's what I have based on results I know:

SRB
SH
Ashbury
LBP
Nepean
St. Matt's
St. Pats
St. Joe's
Colonel By
Louis Riel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MehdiTihani



Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't understand why we're still underrated. We made it all the way to the semis in the St Joes tourney.


We beat StMatts by 30 in that tournament.


Nepean looks like theyre slipping. I would put Hillcrest in the top 10. I'd put St Pats higher on the list as well.


We should be considered a top 5 team now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball



Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 pm

umm that list is not that good. Colonel By has now beat St. Matts TWICE. I'm pretty sure they should be ahead of them. And Nepean??? Losses to Sir Wil, Hillcrest, and St. Matts make them very low and maybe not even in the top 10. Louis Riel shouldn't be in that list either. If you are going to put Louis Riel, you should add Notre Dame, Deslauriers and other teams from AA that are better than them. They should not be in the top 10.

IMO
1) SRB
2) Sacred Heart
3) Ashbury
4) LBP
5) St. Patricks
6) Colonel By
7) St. Matthews
8 ) St. Josephs
9) Hillcrest
10) St. Pius/Bell (Tomorrow's game will decide) OR Nepean

I am not sure on 9&10 cause some AA teams can compete for that spot.
Mehdi, I put you guys under St. Patricks just because of the head-to-head matchup.


Last edited by 613Ball on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses   Today at 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Rankings So Far For AAA and AA - Change as season progresses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rankings AAA
» Rankings HQ
» faction change MAY start next week
» Going to Nala's cabin to change.. xD. (KATNISS.)
» BF3 screen name change

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Ontario :: NCSSAA-
Jump to: