HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nikehoop

PostSubject: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey fellas, been watching and scouting a lot of highschool ball this year. Some good talents. Props to CYDC for teaching and driving a lot of these kids.

1) Raplh- watched him play last weekend dropped 37-46. hes super athletic, has good bball IQ which is hard to find. and he makes his team win, which is even harder. takes a lot of shots but the team system is built for him to do so

2) LJ- hes got good size and will surely put on muscle. still in grade 11. when he tries hes awsome. i watched grandin play, i think id rather watch them scrimmage in practice to get a read on some of th players. too deep, kids get lost in games.55

3) Dj morrison- very confident, if only he had a big man. very quick scores and creates whenever he feels. good size.

4) karch- Good size and athleticism, grade 11 and leads his team. good shooter and good defender could definately be a ncaa talent.

5) asamamoah- great size, atheltic, long, awsome up-side. wish he played on a different team i think this guy could go for 30-20 in calgary no problems. he gets lost in the shuffle at grandin with all those players. thats what i noticed. ive seen them play 3 times and 3 times they were up by 40. how can u get the best out of your players???

6) whyte- western solid team.play a nice system. this guy has good potential, can shoot, defend, rebound good player from a good bball family.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:14 pm

After watching a few games this year, I would add Raymond's Tyson McIntyre to that list. Very athletic, and can jump out of the gym. He scores for them, but I believe his rebounding is his biggest asset. His shot and shot selection still need some work, but it is looking better than last year.

In the south, the only 3 players in any conversation would be Ralph, McIntyre and Clay Gibb from LCI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Nike hoop, why do you love these cydc players thAt are average at best. If lj isn't making threes he is a non factor, karch sucks asamoah is so lazy , get real
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Your right McIntyre does belong. He is good ver solid with great athletic ability. And to 123... I don't know which players belong to cydc but the ones I do know are well taught and fundamentally sound. My list is based on what I see. Also I would say 90% of the kids that play are lazy. That's because they don't play with any attitude because when they are young they are not coached properly. Also there's a African kid from lacombe who is awsome. Scores in bunches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 pm

But if you watch assamoah his laziness is evidently greater than anybody elses on the court but he does have undoubtful potential don't get me wrong, I'm not sure what you see in karch as he probably won't even play acac why you think he will play NCAA is absurd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Because when ur 6'7 and u can shoot have athleticism schools schools will come calling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm

He isn't even one of the best players in our city and you think he is going to play NCAA . In my opinion Ammon crowfoot is the best player in alberta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballfan101

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:58 pm

I agree, Ammon seems to always make the right decisions and he has one of the best shots around. He is definately one of the top players in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am

Ammon is very solid but he does not wow me very consistent, and great bball mind but his size won't and athleticism will not take him to the next level. I've seen kar h play 2 times this season both times he shot well from the outside and his size is great. If I was a college scout I would take larch an his potential over the already good ammon who I think won't get much better. I should of changed my heading to top prospects I guess. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:46 am

Your mental and that's the nicest way I can say it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Players    Today at 4:39 am

Back to top Go down

Top Players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1