HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Player Transfers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nikehoop

PostSubject: Player Transfers   Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Has Lebron destroyed competition? when he took his "talents to southbeach" i think people lost touch with self respect, and responsibilty. As a top player you should always want to beat the best. when you do that not only does it solidify you as the best, it teaches you life long qualities like hard work, focus, determination, resposibility etc...most kids playing wont make it pro, but having these qualities will spring board you into being a professional in another field.

Bishop Grandin has brought in 6 new players from around the city this year. After watching them play i truely feel some of them wont reach their potential. Granted they lost to wisewood but every team has its bad days which that was. Western is probably the only team that might stand a chance. once grandin gets organized in their systems i dont see any team staying within 20.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Player Transfers   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 pm

another transfer that got people mad was, when 2 players from Churchill moved to st Francis this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jazzfan12

PostSubject: Re: Player Transfers   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm from Regina, and something similar happened here a few years ago. One of our big schools, loads of hoop talent, chose to make one player the feature of the offence. Another player, of similar talent (once dropped 58 in a playoff game - missing maybe 2-3 shots), got pissed, and went to a rival school.

Sad that there's such a focus on sports; athletics are all fine and dandy, and I love hoops as much as anyone, but the odds of making it to the pros aren't that good - get an education to fall back on.

At the school I attended, if you didn't pass your classes, you didn't play. Period. Our star player got benched numerous times for failing math.

Just a story...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Transfers   Today at 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Player Transfers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1