HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA and AAA boys surprise players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Most of St. Stephen's better players are in grade 10. Devin Elsemore, Travis Powers, Dan McShane and Robert McNight are very good players and are gaining great experience this year. If they all played JV this year they would be in contention for the provincial title. The next two years are looking very good for the Spartans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Hardfouls wrote:
Most of St. Stephen's better players are in grade 10. Devin Elsemore, Travis Powers, Dan McShane and Robert McNight are very good players and are gaining great experience this year. If they all played JV this year they would be in contention for the provincial title. The next two years are looking very good for the Spartans.

Glad they are climbing back quick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
believer

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 pm

EastSide wrote:
yeah well in the east you have Justin Corey, big guy from Minto.

Eric Lewis and Kody Macphail from JMA who can drop 30 any given night.

West you have meikle who can light it up, has been doing it since he was in grade 9 playing for DP.

South has Robinson from Harvey who clean up the board..does all the dirty work. Tyler Howlett from Camp, is pretty good, but I don't think Campo has it in them this season.

Sugarloaf has Pat Macnaughton in the north. Most of their team is really good though.

haha so obviously you are from the east, the name gave it away lol. and i know there are some other great players from the east.. i too am from the east and have seen just about all the teams play. caledonia's point gaurd, daniel is his name (not sure of his last) has impressed me as a pass-first point gaurd. he doesnt have much of an outside shot but handles the ball well, gets his teamates involved and controls the tempo. eric lewis always seems to fire up a crowd and has a great handle and can get to the hoop at will. kody macphail on the other hand can be a hit or miss (so i've heard.. only seen him play once but have heard he can put up big numbers but not consistantly) no offense to him tho, he rebounds quite well and has a good handle for a big. mike gorber is a monster on the boards as well for JMA petitcodiac has a gaurd that can shoot the lights out named ely mcmackin i believe. great shooter but not much else in his arsenal. and they also have a center that plays like a gaurd and is pretty decent himself. he definately surprised me. bellisle has a good point gaurd (not sure of name but his number is 4), that can put up some major numbers and adjusts to the defense well. they have a gaurd (#14) that is good but can take some bad shots sometimes. there center is improving from last year as well. for minto it's obviously justin corey. the only one that can do anything for the minto team, and he does it all. MFR and sussex christian dont have much going for them. bonar law has no players that stand out but they somehow are winning games. and cambridge's center malcolm cole is the only one capable of scoring.

sorry guys! the east is all i really get to see! and this is what i've noticed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 pm

It's actually great. Very few people get a chance to see every division so we need people from all over the province to give opinions so that everybody can get an idea of whats going on in every division and not just one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Ball Player 06/08-10 wrote:
EastSide wrote:
No one thinks he is gods gift, but he is definitely top 3 in AA.

And I agree. Probably number 1. And I am sure guest321 agrees as well. Just seems like he is the only thing ever talked about. I want to hear about guys like Meikle and how Gillis is doing in the boys league(good from what I have heard). I guess you probably get it, I know the guy is good but I am interested in more.

This is exactly what im talking about, you always see posts about top players, and moffit in my opinion is not number 1, he is no doubt a good player but everytime i check a post his name is there 4 or 5 times, i would put him in the top 4 for sure.
As for meikle, he seems to be a good player who has alot of respect for the game and fellow players, can shoot the 3 and like the two foot stop. Also dont try to pull back my past cause once again your wrong, i never playeed high school ball Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:33 pm

and east i dont know where you grew up and went to school but i can guarantee high school players can be overrater just as much as an nba player, just cause their not on tv doesnt mean people dont talk about em!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 pm

believer wrote:

eric lewis always seems to fire up a crowd and has a great handle and can get to the hoop at will. kody macphail on the other hand can be a hit or miss (so i've heard.. only seen him play once but have heard he can put up big numbers but not consistantly) no offense to him tho, he rebounds quite well and has a good handle for a big. mike gorber is a monster on the boards as well for JMA

Gorber is a rebounding machine, If Kody and Eric get hot no team in AA can beat them. When they are both cold then they are very beatable. Starting 5 isn't bad, they have a really nice JV team coming up though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 am

"if they get hot no one in AA can beat them" ....... maxwell in dalhousie, the big of sugarloaf, gordan robinson, walton for harvey, carrol from campo. you must have meant these guys weren't playing of course. and also you must be excluding Sugarloaf, mcadam, harvey and devon park, even cnba or campo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 am

Nope, I think you've never seen these guys plays so your obviously talking out of your ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 pm

EastSide wrote:
believer wrote:

eric lewis always seems to fire up a crowd and has a great handle and can get to the hoop at will. kody macphail on the other hand can be a hit or miss (so i've heard.. only seen him play once but have heard he can put up big numbers but not consistantly) no offense to him tho, he rebounds quite well and has a good handle for a big. mike gorber is a monster on the boards as well for JMA

Gorber is a rebounding machine, If Kody and Eric get hot no team in AA can beat them. When they are both cold then they are very beatable. Starting 5 isn't bad, they have a really nice JV team coming up though.

I have seen some games from teams in all conferences. If Eric and Kody are on and playing as a team, they are the best team in the East. But there are definately other AA teams that can still handle them when the 2 are playing well even with Mike Gorber playing at his top level. Sugarloaf, MacAdam, Harvey, DP are all deeper and can handle the 3 of them. JMA has a decent team but is not deep enough to win this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 pm

believer wrote:
EastSide wrote:
yeah well in the east you have Justin Corey, big guy from Minto.

Eric Lewis and Kody Macphail from JMA who can drop 30 any given night.

West you have meikle who can light it up, has been doing it since he was in grade 9 playing for DP.

South has Robinson from Harvey who clean up the board..does all the dirty work. Tyler Howlett from Camp, is pretty good, but I don't think Campo has it in them this season.

Sugarloaf has Pat Macnaughton in the north. Most of their team is really good though.

haha so obviously you are from the east, the name gave it away lol. and i know there are some other great players from the east.. i too am from the east and have seen just about all the teams play. caledonia's point gaurd, daniel is his name (not sure of his last) has impressed me as a pass-first point gaurd. he doesnt have much of an outside shot but handles the ball well, gets his teamates involved and controls the tempo. eric lewis always seems to fire up a crowd and has a great handle and can get to the hoop at will. kody macphail on the other hand can be a hit or miss (so i've heard.. only seen him play once but have heard he can put up big numbers but not consistantly) no offense to him tho, ...

I would not say there is no offense through him. I was in Petty on Friday night and he had 6 or 7 3's in the first half alone. He went cold in the 2nd but still have 20+ points. Also has had a game or 2 over 40 this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.Trey.

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:

I have seen some games from teams in all conferences. If Eric and Kody are on and playing as a team, they are the best team in the East. But there are definately other AA teams that can still handle them when the 2 are playing well even with Mike Gorber playing at his top level. Sugarloaf, MacAdam, Harvey, DP are all deeper and can handle the 3 of them. JMA has a decent team but is not deep enough to win this year.

I agree here. They have a great big 3, and when they're on they are nearly unstoppable and can beat anyone in the province (look at their game against Sugarloaf in the playoffs last year that they took to overtime). But when it comes down to it, their rookie coaching holds them back, and their bench is not nearly at the level of some of the other playoff-level teams in AA and one bad game from one of their top players could spell doom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:31 pm

name a strong team they have beat.. im looking at their results and seeing they beat hartland by 6. a team devon park beat by 42. even though its one game you have to wonder. they have theyre 'big 3', in the south/west (cause im fimiliar) i'll just throw out some names and see if they can handle them all on any given night. Devon park- harringotn, bisop, meikle, gillis. Mcadam- moffit, coburn, cleghorn, demerchant, anderson. Harvey- robinsan, wood, murphy, that kid from junior (nick something), walton. Campo- howlett, carrol.

weather those three guys get hot or not, those teams are too deep.(minus campo lol) we will see around play off time but untill they even play a top team you can't say that they are nearly unstoppable. in a couple years that could be said but not this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 pm

They beat Hartland with their bench. Don't talk trash about a team you've never seen.

I said when they are hot they are capable of beating any team. I didn't say they are going to win a title, or go out and beat every top team. I said they are very capable of doing so. Like Trey mentioned, they do have some problems, which why they are not a top 5 team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Perhaps once JMA beats Caledonia and Belleisle could they make claims to be championship material. At this point, they aren't even at the top in the East.
Although I'm sure there was a valid reason for why they lost. Now if only excuses could earn playoff berths..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Rapstar have you even read through the conversation or the last post? No one is saying they are a top team...Ignorance is a bliss.

I am saying they are capable of beating top teams when their top players are hot. Don't get your panties up in a bunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:25 pm

I wasn't placing blame on anyone, just stating the fact that on-and-off players and excuses does not a stellar team make. JMA is a respectable team, but let's not let wins over MFR and Sussex Christian Academy make us cocky.

ps. Christmas is merely a few days away, let's not allow ourselves to become Grinches, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:35 pm

rap$tar wrote:
I wasn't placing blame on anyone, just stating the fact that on-and-off players and excuses does not a stellar team make. JMA is a respectable team, but let's not let wins over MFR and Sussex Christian Academy make us cocky.

ps. Christmas is merely a few days away, let's not allow ourselves to become Grinches, eh?

No one is being cocky, no one is making excuses. I said they are very beatable, but when the get hot are hard to beat. that doesn't seem like being cocky, or making any excuses to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Lets throw some AAA in here too. Most teams at the Varsity level rely on their veteran players to lead their team, However, some guys in grade 11 have been making big impacts this year. Kv has Zac Chambers who has been playing well and really helping Adam Spurrell out. Riverviews top 2 scorers are both grade 11 (Steve Ethelston, Chris Murray). Fredericton has Weston Durling who is a solid 6th man i believe. Also, Bathurst has a player named Greg Doucet who has been helping them become the top team so far. Their are plenty other players that deserve to be talked about but these 5 seem to have stood out the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:39 pm

i have to agree with guest321, Moffit is overrated. definately not a weak player, but also not a team player. the best players are the ones who can set up plays but that does not show through moffit. hes a one man team and his height gives him the advantage. this is the reason for being lead scorer every game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Scout wrote:
Lets throw some AAA in here too. Most teams at the Varsity level rely on their veteran players to lead their team, However, some guys in grade 11 have been making big impacts this year. Kv has Zac Chambers who has been playing well and really helping Adam Spurrell out. Riverviews top 2 scorers are both grade 11 (Steve Ethelston, Chris Murray). Fredericton has Weston Durling who is a solid 6th man i believe. Also, Bathurst has a player named Greg Doucet who has been helping them become the top team so far. Their are plenty other players that deserve to be talked about but these 5 seem to have stood out the most.

Scout you are right about the doucet kid from BHS...he is an unsung hero there...lost in the shadow, a little bit, of the the big two there....but although he is only gr 11 age he is in grade 12...i heard he skipped a grade somewhere in elementary.....he has been a scorer , rebounder, plays every position when guys get in foul trouble and always has the job of defending the opponents top scorer (which gets him in a lot of foul trouble ) ....and has hit some big shots at big moments for BHS along the way....he has drawn the attnetion of some college recruiters as well....so he does fit the description of 'surprise impact player' this year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 am

I think it's time to start talking about Jarred Peterson. The kid is averaging 30 pts and 20 boards per game not to mention about 5 or 6 blocks. He dominated McAdam and out shined Moffitt with ease.(Moffitt had 11 in the game against CNBA,Peterson had 34). He controls the tempo of every game,rebounds, scores,plays great inside defence and can shoot the 3.He is also dunking in games, which is still only 2 pts but it's impressive. If you get the chance to see him play, dont pass it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NB Basketball

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Moffit only had 11 no wonder McAdam lost. I've seen that Jarred guy play and he is good definatly not a superstar but he is good i guess. I would say McAdam took vaction early that game and it might be a different story next time they play. That is if they do play each other again.

Oh and if he is scoring 30 points a game should he be labbled a ball hog for doing that because everyone seems to think Moffit is a ball hog for doing so when he is the total opposite of that. That is not aimed towards you either Boas:). It is aimed to the players using hooplife and trashing other players because there team isn't as good or because they don't like a certain player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:27 pm

NB Basketball wrote:
Moffit only had 11 no wonder McAdam lost. I've seen that Jarred guy play and he is good definatly not a superstar but he is good i guess. I would say McAdam took vaction early that game and it might be a different story next time they play. That is if they do play each other again.

Oh and if he is scoring 30 points a game should he be labbled a ball hog for doing that because everyone seems to think Moffit is a ball hog for doing so when he is the total opposite of that. That is not aimed towards you either Boas:). It is aimed to the players using hooplife and trashing other players because there team isn't as good or because they don't like a certain player.

couldn't agree more, I hate the trashing on here, I have only seen a couple players I'd label ball hogs but they shall remain nameless. CNBA travels to McAdam Jan.1oth, I'm sure it'll be a tight game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:51 pm

The coach from CNBA has a few things he'd like mentioned, first off he doesn't mention Jarred in the top players, he can have his own fans and critics but he won't be involved in it, he'd like to give praise to Moffitt and #5 from McAdam,Tyler Howlett, Pat MacNaughton, #2 and #12 from Dalhousie. These are the players from the games he has coached so far that he feels deserve mentioning.They play JMA and Caledonia soon and he's sure they will have notable players aswell.

Also about 50% of Petersons pts come off reebounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA boys surprise players   Today at 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down

AA and AAA boys surprise players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next