HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
straightshooter

PostSubject: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:27 pm

talk about players, teams and great games but keep the bologna to your selfs!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Ive seen some of the players, team and games mentioned in the several forums below, I really don't see how some of these bad teams or players are getting so much mention. Some of the post are just ridiculous ahahah really though. Everyone has there opinion and perception but really are they watching the same thing the rest of us are watching!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Does anybody have a Dark horse team or teams from the south or the north that might make some noise come playoff time in the AA league?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:25 am

I think CNBA will make some noise in the playoffs they are big and there is one guy on the team can hit the three pretty good so they might or probably will catch some teams off guard. They have a game against DRHS coming up and i think they will beat them maybe not by the same amount DRHS beat cnba but i think they will beat them. DRHS has only showed up once or twice this season so you never know what your gonna get from Dalhousie more then likely they will fade towards the end of the season. CNBA might even catch campbellton off guard if they use there big guys right.

Not sure who will make noise and maybe upset a team in the south at lot of those teams only have one or two guys so by the end of the season anybody could beat anybody over there.

Can't see to many teams knocking off Devon park either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:41 am

I don't see anyone beating Sugarloaf, but if I have to pick an underdog, I have to say Devon Park. I think they could surprise Sugarloaf at playoff time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

Last edited by scorekeep on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:48 am

is cnba really a contender? when play offs roll around, the prepared teams won't be caught off gaurd by anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

so far just more of the same. hey our guys came 3rd at thunder tourney, not too bad as they only lost to the eventual winners. should have been in the final. our jv girls had a 2nd place against lions. hear the 2 finals were rockin games with the lions on top this time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:28 am

Hey student OUR GUYS which team are you talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:37 am

In reality I think Devon park is the only one who has a chance against Campbellton. I just threw Cnba in there because if they used there big guys right it would give some of the other teams trouble. There is no other team that has a chance. You might have some teams that might just might put one good game together to beat one of those teams mentioned but they come from the south. I hear mention that DRHS in the north is tough but it seems like they might have showed up for one or two games so really don't think they will be in the mix at the end. The next month should be a good one for AA and AAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:29 am

AAA - LHHS and BHS are narrow favorites over FHS and RHS. Any of these teams can win it all. KVHS also has to be in the mix, and could be the difference at a sectional tournament where one of the big four will not be able to look ahead.

AAA - Dark Horses - OHS and SJHS both have individual talent that would allow them to explode for one game.

AA - SSHS until proven otherwise. Devon Park may be the better team discipline wise, and I like how they play. The issue is that both teams have great intensity on defense and who can make more shots is what it comes down to. At this point SSHS has more shooters.

A lot of AA is matchups. Devon Park vs SSHS is a great matchup because they both defend well, they both shoot it well, they both have great players. The other teams you could mention in AA Dalhousie, Harvey, McAdam, CNBA are not as good as DP or SSHS in my opinion but cause them matchup problems. Dalhousie 5 on 5 can defend as well as the other two but cannot handle the pressure that DP applies and struggles to find ways to score. Harvey can defend well enough and is disciplined enough vs the pressure to be in the game, but they have no go to offensive weapons and if they can't beat you up on the boards they struggle to score as well. McAadam and CNBA are the other sides of the coin. They've got dominant larger players who 1 on 1 it is difficult to stop from scoring and and who can help break pressure (at least moffit can I haven;t seen the peterson kid from CNBA play). I'm not sure both can carry their teams all season long and be healthy and ready to face top level defense geared to making their lives miserable. Also the issue of foul trouble/injuries make both these teams much more suspect. In a 1 game scenario though McAdam has enough if the starters play well to be in a game and have Moffit win it for them.

Dark Horses - AAA - JMA is a name we hear tossed around who apparently have talent but only seem to put it together now and then. If its now at the right time though???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:41 am

straightsleeper, i can't believe you don't know the kats were at a tourney. oh wait you don't get out the woods. we had little problem with all teams but lhhs. lots of fast games. and the way lions spanked bhs we probably do the same next time. heard the girls final was good but our girls werent there or they ould have won
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:43 am

I agree with you coach DJR it's too bad there won't be no Cinderella teams this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:48 am

student wrote:
straightsleeper, i can't believe you don't know the kats were at a tourney. oh wait you don't get out the woods. we had little problem with all teams but lhhs. lots of fast games. and the way lions spanked bhs we probably do the same next time. heard the girls final was good but our girls werent there or they ould have won

Sorry but the kats are not really on anybody s Radar this year it's nice you want them to do well but they only have a slim chance to win keep the faith!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:50 am

Who did FHS play at the tournament that they had such an easy time with? Did they play any of the "top" teams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm

highlighter, you just read coach djr had it right. now the kats are off the radar? dude, you spend too much time dreaming on cnba or whatever. what, i suppose you think that's a branch of the NBA. if you don't KNOW aaa then don't comment on it. stick to your thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:23 pm

student wrote:
highlighter, you just read coach djr had it right. now the kats are off the radar? dude, you spend too much time dreaming on cnba or whatever. what, i suppose you think that's a branch of the NBA. if you don't KNOW aaa then don't comment on it. stick to your thing

I agreed with him on his post but it doesn't mean on every detail he wrote and yes the kats are up there but they are really not the legit contender that they once used to be so they will get mentioned at the top but no one really fears them anymore! yes I am a AA guy but has seen some tripple AAA this year and past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Student...what teams were in Woodstock that you handled so easily?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Fredericton beat BMHS, and Woodstock in round robin. Lost to LHHS in the semi and then beat BMHS in the 3rd place game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 am

Ok...thanks coach. In all reality, they lost their only "tough" game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:02 am

What is the latest top ten teams AA and AAA have they changed since the beginning of the year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 am

Here's my top 10 in AAA:

1. Bathurst- seem to be the top team right now. They did just lose to Leo Hayes, but that game not enough to knock them off.

2. Leo Hayes- have great potential and is a contender, but are inconsistent.

3. Riverview- jam packed full of shooters. Not a ton of size. Can beat anyone if they shoot well, can lose to anyone if they don't.

4. Fredericton- a step behind the top 3. Esson is strong, but no other "great" 12's...tough to win.

5. KV- to be honest...I'm not sure where they should be. This seems right though. Who have they beaten? Ton of skill though.

6. MacNaughton- Decent size, shoot it reasonably well...some games they just don't "get after it" and it costs them.

7. Oromocto- A lot better than people think. They have a couple of nice players in Jon Ryer and Brad Hovey, just not enough to compete with the top teams.

8. Sussex- Always very disciplined and run their offense. Work hard on D. Should finish 2nd in the south.

9. Woodstock- Very young team that continues to improve. Played tough game vs. MacNaughton @ TVC

10. No idea about any other teams...fill in the blank.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NB Basketball

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:02 pm

St. John High School would be in the mix I would think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Good stuff is there any top ten AA to this point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 pm

straightshooter wrote:
Good stuff is there any top ten AA to this point?

there is a weekly top 10 thread on here, check it out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Today at 7:15 am

Back to top Go down

Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next