HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
straightshooter



Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 pm

but this thread is trying to get more serious talk on that stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:44 pm

straightshooter wrote:
but this thread is trying to get more serious talk on that stuff.

I like the enthusiasm, just not sure what makes this thread more serious than any other we have hundreds of threads here where we talk about the same stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student



Posts : 137
Join date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 pm

coach12 do you see much change in teams since the beginning of the season? which teams? and is it a gain in experience for young players? are unknowns stepping up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide



Posts : 182
Join date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
straightshooter wrote:
but this thread is trying to get more serious talk on that stuff.

I like the enthusiasm, just not sure what makes this thread more serious than any other we have hundreds of threads here where we talk about the same stuff.

Because it doesn't have CNBA as a top 3 team...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Does anybody have a solid top ten for AA boys just curious to see what is out there don't get to see some of the teams in different areas and please be realistic about this and don't put campobello or Cnba or jma or Dalhouise in the top 3 or four please!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

highlightreel wrote:
Does anybody have a solid top ten for AA boys just curious to see what is out there don't get to see some of the teams in different areas and please be realistic about this and don't put campobello or Cnba or jma or Dalhouise in the top 3 or four please!!!

1-Sugrloaf 15-3
2-McAdam 12-7
3-CNBA 15-2(deal with it, they r here up to this point,play dal on Tues, chance to prove they belong here,also play harvey dpark and mcadam soon, then we will see if its hype or reality)
4-Devon Park 16-6
5-Harvey 10-6
6-Dalhousie 8-14( 6-2 against AA)
7-Caledonia 11-1
8-Campobello 11-6
9-JMA 11-4
10-Belleisle 8-5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12



Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:17 pm

student wrote:
coach12 do you see much change in teams since the beginning of the season? which teams? and is it a gain in experience for young players? are unknowns stepping up?


To be honest,not much change no. Originally, I probably would've had Leo Hayes in front of Bathurst, but their lack of consistency against the "top" teams has them behind Bathurst.

Other things would be...I didn't realize Riverview is as good as they are...they're a strong contender this year and will be better next year.

I was surprised that some of the other teams are as close as I thought they'd be. I understand that MacNaughton starts behind a lot of other teams because of football, but they should be better.

Oromocto seems better than a lot of people thought too...they could scare some teams in the playoffs.

***My question with the AA list would be, how can you have teams up there if they haven't beaten anyone of substance?


Last edited by coach12 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
highlightreel wrote:
Does anybody have a solid top ten for AA boys just curious to see what is out there don't get to see some of the teams in different areas and please be realistic about this and don't put campobello or Cnba or jma or Dalhouise in the top 3 or four please!!!

1-Sugrloaf 15-3
2-McAdam 12-7
3-CNBA 15-2(deal with it, they r here up to this point,play dal on Tues, chance to prove they belong here,also play harvey dpark and mcadam soon, then we will see if its hype or reality)
4-Devon Park 16-6
5-Harvey 10-6
6-Dalhousie 8-14( 6-2 against AA)
7-Caledonia 11-1
8-Campobello 11-6
9-JMA 11-4
10-Belleisle 8-5


Cnba should be 5 on that list dal 6 again the rest are good!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:25 pm

actually devon park should be second on that list. I think cnba will beat Dalhousie on tuesday they don't seem up for the challenge this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm



***My question with the AA list would be, how can you have teams up there if they haven't beaten anyone of substance?[/quote]


when u look at AA really there have only been a few teams beating top AA teams, seems the top 5 or 6 teams r the only top teams anyway in my opinion, after that things seem to fall off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson



Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Omg boas CNBA beat McCadam once doesn't make them a top 3 team. The top teams right now from 1-6 are sugarloaf, Devon park( they r better then cnba), Harvey they r better then cnba, mcCadam (all they have is moffit), dalhousie they beat cnba (dont wanna here the excuses that a player was sick or anything u guys lost by 30) and finally cnba as #6 until they play dp and Harvey sure your record is 15-2 but look who u played most campo and those teams come on get real and wake up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:29 pm

highlightreel wrote:
actually devon park should be second on that list. I think cnba will beat Dalhousie on tuesday they don't seem up for the challenge this year.

maybe, but hey haven't beaten many top teams yet either, lost to McAdam and really shouldn't have lost to KV or St.Stephen, no doubt they r a great team, just gotta win against more top teams. I think by seasons end they will b top 3 no doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Mark Jaxxson wrote:
Omg boas CNBA beat McCadam once doesn't make them a top 3 team. The top teams right now from 1-6 are sugarloaf, Devon park( they r better then cnba), Harvey they r better then cnba, mcCadam (all they have is moffit), dalhousie they beat cnba (dont wanna here the excuses that a player was sick or anything u guys lost by 30) and finally cnba as #6 until they play dp and Harvey sure your record is 15-2 but look who u played most campo and those teams come on get real and wake up

i'm wide awake!!! you will eat your words in February when it really matters. CNBA is legit, u need to wake up!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter



Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Is there Any big games to watch out for this week or next for leagues standing movement in AA or AAA curious to see these scores posted afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12



Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm

If we're using some of the logic that I've been reading...didn't Devon Park only lose to McAdam by single digits and didn't have Meikle and Gilliss playing? If we're taking the fact that someone actually played, but was sick for CNBA...shouldn't we use the fact that those players didn't even touch the floor for DP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

yep, Dalhousie play CNBA on Tuesday, pretty much the only big game this week in AA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter



Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Please don't use some of the logic we have been seeing trying to make this thread more serious and credible lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12



Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm just not sure how players missing can apply to some, but not all teams in the "Top 5"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:42 pm

coach12 wrote:
If we're using some of the logic that I've been reading...didn't Devon Park only lose to McAdam by single digits and didn't have Meikle and Gilliss playing? If we're taking the fact that someone actually played, but was sick for CNBA...shouldn't we use the fact that those players didn't even touch the floor for DP

i agree, we should take all factors into consideration, Meikle did play that game though, it was the St.Stephen game where Devon Park was shorthanded,its tough getting all the facts and making sure they r accurate with lil resources!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12



Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Meikle didn't play the game they lost to McAdam in the Harvey tournament, neither did Gilliss, I was there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson



Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Boas i'm just saying im sure CNBA has 'improved' and what not but the point is they r not in the top 3 for aa sure they might have beat McCadam and have a 15-2 record but they still haven't played dp or harvey and got blown out by Dalhousie by 30 and everyone else says dalhousie's not that great so how do u say that CNBA is a top 3 team? hmm im very curious to know. all im saying is until they play dp and harvey the other top teams then u can consider putting them up there but not only when they beat mcCadam who by the way only have moffit and i guess that peterson guy had a lucky game but any who sugarloaf, devon park, and harvey r probaly the top 3 teams ( #2 and 3 r debatable). CNBA can be anywhere from 4-6 ill give ya that alright bud until otherwise Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:52 pm

From reading all these forums boas not too many, really nobody shares your opinion or logic on basketball. You seem loyal to your team but not realistic. I guess it does make for discussion but it gets old fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter



Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Any AAA games of the week to look out for post scores afterwards if possible please!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide



Posts : 182
Join date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:30 pm

highlightreel wrote:
From reading all these forums boas not too many, really nobody shares your opinion or logic on basketball. You seem loyal to your team but not realistic. I guess it does make for discussion but it gets old fast.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter



Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Again any AAA big games coming up we got one for AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Today at 3:01 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!
» [USA] [MS] Team Looking for players
» top 20 players in alberta?
» U15 Boys Ottawa Titans AAU Basketball Team
» 8 of Ottawa’s best players are Top 100 in Canada

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: