HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:47 pm

EastSide wrote:
highlightreel wrote:
From reading all these forums boas not too many, really nobody shares your opinion or logic on basketball. You seem loyal to your team but not realistic. I guess it does make for discussion but it gets old fast.

I concur.

Dont really care what anyone thinks and yes i am loyal lol, btw i was unaware Meikle didnt play in the McAdam game, like i said limited resources
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Mark Jaxxson wrote:
Boas i'm just saying im sure CNBA has 'improved' and what not but the point is they r not in the top 3 for aa sure they might have beat McCadam and have a 15-2 record but they still haven't played dp or harvey and got blown out by Dalhousie by 30 and everyone else says dalhousie's not that great so how do u say that CNBA is a top 3 team? hmm im very curious to know. all im saying is until they play dp and harvey the other top teams then u can consider putting them up there but not only when they beat mcCadam who by the way only have moffit and i guess that peterson guy had a lucky game but any who sugarloaf, devon park, and harvey r probaly the top 3 teams ( #2 and 3 r debatable). CNBA can be anywhere from 4-6 ill give ya that alright bud until otherwise Wink

sounds good im just super excited for CNBA lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:55 pm

then you shouldn't talk about stuff unless you know the facts!!! makes for better conversation and less argue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
EastSide wrote:
highlightreel wrote:
From reading all these forums boas not too many, really nobody shares your opinion or logic on basketball. You seem loyal to your team but not realistic. I guess it does make for discussion but it gets old fast.

I concur.

Dont really care what anyone thinks and yes i am loyal lol, btw i was unaware Meikle didnt play in the McAdam game, like i said limited resources

Theirs a difference between being loyal and being bias. You obviously cannot see through your biases which discredit you ranking in many eyes if you haven't notice. If we all were as biased as you we would have 20 top 10 teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:02 pm

again this forum has became the boas cnba show and that is what I was trying to avoid. Is there any topic besides Cnba in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:14 pm

haha, well apparently their is a panelist who votes on this CNBA top 5, not just Boas. I found that quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:25 pm

EastSide wrote:
haha, well apparently their is a panelist who votes on this CNBA top 5, not just Boas. I found that quite amusing.

I figured i can c it doesnt take much to amuse u, its so easy to get people going on here lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
yep, Dalhousie play CNBA on Tuesday, pretty much the only big game this week in AA
Only big game this week???? Sugarloaf's Bears Den tournament is on Friday and Saturday. You've got Sugarloaf vs Devon Park, Sugarloaf vs Harvey, Harvey vs Dalhousie, Devon Park vs Dalhousie. All kinds of big games this week.

On another note, top ten lists are fun to talk about but are really hard to do in a league as inconsitent as AA.
McAdam beats DP but then loses to CNBA, Dalhousie beats CNBA but then loses to DP. SO whom gets ranked ahead of whom. I think some of you guys get a little to excited over one win or one loss . Dalhousie plays CNBA on Tuesday, at the end of the day what does it mean. Except for determining who gets to come on here and say "I told you so " unless CNBA can cover the point spread and win by more than 28 the outcome of the game will have little to no affect on the rest of the season. They are both going to make regionals, one will be 2nd in the north and one will be 3rd. once you et into the "win or go home " games the rest doesn't matter

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
Boas 98-02 wrote:
yep, Dalhousie play CNBA on Tuesday, pretty much the only big game this week in AA
Only big game this week???? Sugarloaf's Bears Den tournament is on Friday and Saturday. You've got Sugarloaf vs Devon Park, Sugarloaf vs Harvey, Harvey vs Dalhousie, Devon Park vs Dalhousie. All kinds of big games this week.

On another note, top ten lists are fun to talk about but are really hard to do in a league as inconsitent as AA.
McAdam beats DP but then loses to CNBA, Dalhousie beats CNBA but then loses to DP. SO whom gets ranked ahead of whom. I think some of you guys get a little to excited over one win or one loss . Dalhousie plays CNBA on Tuesday, at the end of the day what does it mean. Except for determining who gets to come on here and say "I told you so " unless CNBA can cover the point spread and win by more than 28 the outcome of the game will have little to no affect on the rest of the season. They are both going to make regionals, one will be 2nd in the north and one will be 3rd. once you et into the "win or go home " games the rest doesn't matter

well said, do u know if sugarloaf is webcasting these games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
Boas 98-02 wrote:

This is said perfectly the way it looks is Sugarloaf is the team to beat everyone else needs to prove they can DP, Dalhousie, McAdam, CNBA, JMA anyone... So the question is can anyone beat them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 am

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
Boas 98-02 wrote:

well said, do u know if sugarloaf is webcasting these games?

I don't know but I will find out and post if they are. Probably not all the games, likely just the Sugarloaf ones.
Also I forgot Devon Park vs Harvey.
Another note Sugarloaf will not play Dalhousie. The tournament has been reduced to a 5 team from a 6 team so they had to change the format to Round Robin. Since some teams are up against their 32 game limit they are going with a modified schedule and (because they have played 4 times already) SSHS and DRHS do not play each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 am

Well it is to bad that Sugarloaf never invited CNBA up to fill in that spare spot. Becuase Then all would know who ranks where! (JUST SAYIN) I think that woould have made everyone happy and really gave us all an honest look at everyone because everyone should be in top form right now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Is it too late for that or would they still have time to get in just some rearranging in games a bit but it would be good to see!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:39 pm

i'd love to see it to! i think its to late though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Knowing how coach adair works, if he can get you in he will. So why not give it a shot, Worst he can say is no Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:10 pm

i'm pretty sure cnba is capped on games and play those dates already
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Here is the schedule for the Bear's Den.

Fri Jan 7
1 11:00 AM DRHS vs JMH
2 1:00 PM SSHS vs DPCS
3 3:00 PM HHS vs DRHS
4 5:00 PM JMH vs SSHS
5 7:00 PM DPCS vs HHS
Sat Jan 8
6 11:00 AM DRHS vs DPCS
7 1:00 PM SSHS vs HHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:26 pm

awesome maripac u rock thanks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Well Boas if you are not interested in proving anything then don't bother calling!
If you are at game limit cancel some of those blow out games I would sooner play for something important then blow a team out by 60 points!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:01 pm

it's a tournament and CNB is no ESN when they confirm a tournament they go, would love to see them go up north but it's not my call!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:41 pm

This is a tough time of year to re schedule or add games. Because of game allotments, make up games from storms, and getting in league games. . . a lot of teams don't have room, and if they do they need to leave dates open. I also agree with Boas, if you've made commitments teams should keep them to the best of their abilities.

There do seem to be an inordinate amount of cancellations or drop outs this year.

I can't speak for all schools or conferences, but i know in our local area there is a shift away from having coaches make decisions about scheduling to Ad's/admin. For us this has meant games/tournaments that were scheduled by coaches or previously have been dropped or rejected based the willingness of the admin to send kids that far or feedback the AD has recieved after the fact from parents about games/tournaments.

One of the things you will notice about the top teams in the province is their willingess to play anyone, anywhere, anytime and having the support and resources to find ways to do so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 pm

nice post djr. like to hear about trends. what do you hear about flagrants or sporstmanship fouls this yr? are those numbers up? or technicals? we had a couple last week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Personally I have seen good sportsmanship this year for the most part, but haveseen a couple instances of bad sportsmanship but overall it seems good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:52 pm

On the topic of cancellations. NSER cancelled its games at Sugarloaf and Dalhousie tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
On the topic of cancellations. NSER cancelled its games at Sugarloaf and Dalhousie tomorrow.

seems to b a trend of theirs, they cancelled all games with CNB up to this point to, runnin outta time to get those rescheduled
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!   Today at 3:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Only serious AA and AAA players and team talk allowed!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next