HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:13 pm

what is happening with AA Girls topics? Has everyone forgotten about them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Not a whole lot to talk about. Tobique 40+ over everyone. More if they dont play their bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:06 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
what is happening with AA Girls topics? Has everyone forgotten about them?

It was a fairly quiet week, due to weather and Christmas. I think other than us and a couple teams in Stanley, I don't think most of the AA Girls played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 pm

One probably is not going out on a limb to suggest that TVHS will earn the right to host the south west playoff, but the rumor is their gym is booked for pond hockey events? If this is true does anyone know where the tournament will be hosted. I have heard rumors it will be at RNS so the TVHS gang can prove they will not be beaten at this location two years in a row.I suspect rooms in Carleton County are going to be hard to come by and some teams have a fairly large following, and considerable distance to travel. Any info out there about a contingency plan should TVHS earn the right to Host?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I have heard that Tobique will be hosting it but they will be using the Carleton North gym. I can not see them giving it up to a Saint John area school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:44 pm

The Pond Hockey thing is a fact. I am positive it will not come south, I believe Carleton North, or down as far as Hartland. It is a big thing to win the right to host, they won't be sending it south.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Hope they host in PR   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 pm

I hope not but Pond Hockey is hte biggest thing in PR, it books every hotel, motel room in Grand Falls, Perth Florenceville. There was talk by their organizing committee of possibly moving the dates but it does not look like that will happen. The big names in hockey they book in and shows like Hockey night in Canada showing up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:25 pm

I see where Harvey only lost by 1 to GM . Things may be tightning up a bit . The south west regionals could get interesting with TV , GM , RNS , SV and Harvey . Someone is going home unhappy !!! Harvey plays at TV this tuesday and RNS on thursday . With Cassie back in the line up and Goodine out for a couple weeks and RNS not playing much over the holidays it could be a statement week for Harvey .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 pm

AA Fan wrote:
I see where Harvey only lost by 1 to GM . Things may be tightning up a bit . The south west regionals could get interesting with TV , GM , RNS , SV and Harvey . Someone is going home unhappy !!! Harvey plays at TV this tuesday and RNS on thursday . With Cassie back in the line up and Goodine out for a couple weeks and RNS not playing much over the holidays it could be a statement week for Harvey .
Harvey is definately improving, I think they could beat RNS, and could even stay to within 20 of TV, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 am

Yea things will definitely be interesting in the South West - with Goodine injured/HHS getting their best player back and RNS still having Simonds out with the broken finger - things are up for grabs. The South will be decided prior to exams with GMCS playing RNS and RNS playing Harvey 2 times. Should make for some interesting times!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 pm

The South may be tightening up a bit. Tobique has secured first in the West. They have no real meaningful games coming up so this will allow Goodine to look after her injury properly and be ready for the playoff run.

The only issue for Tobique now is where regionals will take place? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm

I think it will be 1 of three things:
1. TVHS secures an alternate school
2. 2nd in west hosts
3. 1st in the south and then the West hosts next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
I think it will be 1 of three things:
1. TVHS secures an alternate school
2. 2nd in west hosts
3. 1st in the south and then the West hosts next year.
Tobique has applied to have regionals at Hartland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
Yea things will definitely be interesting in the South West - with Goodine injured/HHS getting their best player back and RNS still having Simonds out with the broken finger - things are up for grabs. The South will be decided prior to exams with GMCS playing RNS and RNS playing Harvey 2 times. Should make for some interesting times!!

The only way the south will be decided prior to exams is if GM wins over RNS, that is assuming RNS defeats Harvey. A GM loss to RNS and then Harvey who only lost to GM by 1 on the week- end would leave me thinking RNS would finish#1, and that would be decided late in the season. There are still scenarios that Harvey could finish #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 pm

39forever wrote:
The Pond Hockey thing is a fact. I am positive it will not come south, I believe Carleton North, or down as far as Hartland. It is a big thing to win the right to host, they won't be sending it south.

Is the pond going to be frozen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:13 pm

The pond will be frozen and from what I hear there is no possible scenario of Tobique giving this up to the South.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 am

If Tobique has already clinched the west (?) should the information not be distributed to all that another location is hosting the regionals. Or is this going to be played out like most NBIAA decisions and wait until the last minute to let everyone know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:49 am

Slam Dunk wrote:
20yearcoach wrote:

The only way the south will be decided prior to exams is if GM wins over RNS, that is assuming RNS defeats Harvey. A GM loss to RNS and then Harvey who only lost to GM by 1 on the week- end would leave me thinking RNS would finish#1, and that would be decided late in the season. There are still scenarios that Harvey could finish #1.

The Harvey loss to GM was a tourny, doesn't factor in. Harvey has 2 with RNS and one with GM. If GM wins out or loses just to RNS and it is by less than 20, GM gets 1st. If RNS beats GM by more than 20, and beats Harvey by point spreads, they get 1st. Harvey has to win out and have GM lose to RNS (or beat GM by more than 38, shouldn't happen) in order to get the #1 seed. GM controls their own destiny, but anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
If Tobique has already clinched the west (?) should the information not be distributed to all that another location is hosting the regionals. Or is this going to be played out like most NBIAA decisions and wait until the last minute to let everyone know...

There more then likely will not be a decision made until Tobique actually clinches the west. While common sense says they will regardless the NBIAA will most likely wait until they've mathematically clinched before making a decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:11 pm

That is what I meant as soon as Tobique clinces the west the note should go out to all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 pm

After checking the NBIAA website Tobique is 8-0 with 4 games remaining. It looks like some teams have quite a few games to play or they have not been inputting their scores, which is quite possible.

We know it will not be played in Tobique regardless of where they finish, but we all know they will finish #1. SV could not host either as I believe they are hosting JV girls that same weekend, I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Southern Victoria is hosting JV Girls Championship that weekend. It is a little frustrating when people do not plan ahead....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:58 pm

From what I have been told it will either be at CNHS or Hartland . TV is waiting on confirmation from these schools . This will actually be a better location for the south teams to travel to . I would recomend booking soon though as pond hockey ties up many hotels !!! It will not go south thats for sure .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Most years you can not plan ahead as some #1 seeds are not determined until the last game. With Pond Hockey being the biggest event in New Brunswick there would be no way to tell them "no the gym is not available" for your dance.

You can always plan on an area as you can this year. Plan for this to be somewhere around the Woodstock area, from what I am hearing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:33 pm

baller24 wrote:
Most years you can not plan ahead as some #1 seeds are not determined until the last game. With Pond Hockey being the biggest event in New Brunswick there would be no way to tell them "no the gym is not available" for your dance.

You can always plan on an area as you can this year. Plan for this to be somewhere around the Woodstock area, from what I am hearing.

They could always hope for two weeks of rain. Not flood-like rains, just a nice little drizzle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Today at 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next