HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 pm

baller24 wrote:
I might be wrong here, but I think the only games Tobique has lost has been to Harison Trimble and FHS. 2 huge schools compared to a single A school.

These bigger schools did in fact out athlete Tobique. The did not have to play them physical. Any of the AA teams in the province can not match up athletically with Tobique so you are correct in saying that teams will have to do some different things against them to have a chance.

Exactly what i was trying to say. For this years AA contendors to be able to beat TV, they will have to force Goodine an/or Ouellete into foul trouble. That means playing strong full court defense, drawing charges and driving hard to the rim. The problem with this tactic is most AA team...RNS & GM included only have so much bench and can't afford the fouls that will come with this type of play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Just remember two things . 1. Tv has to get there and 2 it was just last year that DP was heavily favored over TV in fact DP had beat TV four straight times and Correct me if I am wrong but DP never lost a game in AA all year . Sound Familiar !!!
Thats why you have to play the game if you get by 3 elimination games in a two week span .
I always found it easier to prepare for a team if you lost to them than if you beat them . If you win you beleive you do not have to change but if you lose you have to change . That is exactly what happened last year as TV adjusted and DP did not !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 am

AA Fan wrote:
Just remember two things . 1. Tv has to get there and 2 it was just last year that DP was heavily favored over TV in fact DP had beat TV four straight times and Correct me if I am wrong but DP never lost a game in AA all year . Sound Familiar !!!
Thats why you have to play the game if you get by 3 elimination games in a two week span .
I always found it easier to prepare for a team if you lost to them than if you beat them . If you win you beleive you do not have to change but if you lose you have to change . That is exactly what happened last year as TV adjusted and DP did not !!

AA, you are correct but DP & TV were alot closer in talent than TV & RNS are this year. In the final last year, DP was simply outcoached by Wade. TV came in with a game plan and executed it very well. Defense was the winer of that game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 am

Celtic, if teams press Tobique they will just run by them, there will be a lot of easy layups so I do not think this is an option for teams. Will be interesting to see what some teams try to do.

The big key here is Goodine. If she is healthy Tobique wins by as many as they want. If she can not play, teams will have a fighting chance.

As AA said, they have to get there first. These elimination games are tough wins to string together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 am

baller24 wrote:
Celtic, if teams press Tobique they will just run by them, there will be a lot of easy layups so I do not think this is an option for teams. Will be interesting to see what some teams try to do.

The big key here is Goodine. If she is healthy Tobique wins by as many as they want. If she can not play, teams will have a fighting chance.

As AA said, they have to get there first. These elimination games are tough wins to string together.

baller24...how many times have you played TV? You have to get Goodine frustrated as she will bring the ball up on full court hard defense. Yes, they will get the odd easy lay in but if you can name the team that has the bigs to stop the post up, please let me know! A comnbination of zone press and hard man to man is the only way for this year's AA teams to play TV. A small, quick gaurd on Goodine with help defense in the key.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am

I don't think the issue is going to be how teams defend TV. With their athleticism and rebounding in addition to their skilled kids they will find ways to put points on the board. Good schemes, execution and competitive fire may limit their chances but they'll still score enough to win a AA girls game.

The key here is going to be who can find a way to score conistently. They pressure the ball, while plugging the middle, and you aren't getting a lot of o-boards. They've also shown the ability in the past to game plan defensively themselves though they haven't had to do it often this season. What it basically comes down to is teams will need to not turn the ball over, get some help in getting to the free throw line and have people that don't often make jump shots make a bunch on a given day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am

I have watched her play a few times this year. She looked to me like she can move like a guard so im not sure if the small guard pressuring her will work. She will be bigger and as quick as any guard in AA. She looked to me like to be unselfish, and she has some other weapons to dish off to.

They did prove last year that they can buckle down and play D.

You are right by saying there will not be many second chances for teams. But like you said, if someone shoots the lights out and can get Tobique into uncomfortable positions you never know.

Gonna be a tough assignment for whoever gets them in these elimination games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information   Today at 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Been pretty quiet for AA Girls information
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3