HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Notes from the winter classic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bruce

PostSubject: Notes from the winter classic    Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:11 pm

What a great weekend of basketball! I watched just about every game this weekend and was very impressed as well as dissapointed with some of the teams , but here are my observations as a neutral coach watching this weekends battles .

Tweed : most impressive team this weekend . flew in right under the radar and shocked everyone . Number #1 shooting team in BC . Paarus and Pavan can absolutel shoot the lights out on any given day . But ... wildly inconsistent ! Look unbeatable on some nights ( McMath game ) and can look awful on others . But neverless VERY impressed with tweedsmuir . Not much depth but A very hardworking and well coached team looking forward too hearing more about them .

Churchill : Even though they had a seemingly unfair home court advantage with DRIVE players mindy and matt living in golds gym pretty much this year . They brought there A game . They were even missing key starter Nathan Holtz . They came ready to play and I mean really ready too play . From game one Mindy and Matts games were on a level ive never seen from them . If they can ride this hot streak look out . Most inspiring preformance by any team this weekend belongs to them .

Mout : ZERO depth on this squad . Not a single player could crack the starting 5 on a above average team except Tristain and corey . So heavily dependant on those two that if corey is off and tristain is in foul trouble this team is very very beatable . But they are athletic and hardworking so if the peices of the puzzle fit together on that give night they can be lethal ( see VC game ) . Still there bench needs to prove worthy before they can be considered legitamite contenders .

VC : Well it seems as if the golden team of BC is beatable indeed . While everyone is jumping off there bandwagon I am not . When this team wants to play they sure can . They will learn from this tourney and come back firing . Only note I must add is that if you can frustrate Gogy and pick up the pressure on him There entire team will crumble before him . He is the key to VC's sucess and fauliure .

McMath : VERY dissapointing weekend . Not just on the court but this team does not look like it wants to play right now . Weather thats the nature of the christmas break or just feeling the effects of celebrating the hoidays they were not ready this weekend and were the only team I saw that didnt look amped to play . Rajiv didnt hit a single three in any game I watched . Andrew couldnt get anything too fall and was ejected from two games clearly frustrated . #5 there other guard attemted to carry the load but turned out to be far too 1 dimensinol and while he was making plays he was leaving golden oppurtunitys to get andrew and rajiv in rhythm . McMath is out of the top 10 right now but on the bright side the fire I saw from key players ( ejections ) shows they do care and Im not gonna write them off just yet .

South : A very average weekend . Wasnt impressed at all but not dissapointed by any means . They have two guards Jaycee and Gio who play very streetball like basketball . Lots of one on one moves but not much of an offence being run through them . There bigs are soft . extremely soft wich could be seen as mouts size killed them . Dont get me wrong they can shoot and definately make some plays but I dont see anything special . Defansively they are lazy as well most of there players only seem intrested in gettimng there names on the score sheet . Only time will tell if this squad can develop into the Sharpshooting lethal fast break team we though they would be .

These were the top 6 teams here at Golds this weekend . From what I watched this years there is NO dominant team and all 6 ive mentioned could beat each other on any given night . Cant wait for what should be an amazing provincials in junior basketball ! Also I might add looking at the all stars and awards they are almost all drive pkayers . Hense why it is there tournament .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Notes from the winter classic    Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm

was matt wariach playing pg for churchill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Notes from the winter classic    Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 pm

coach b, your summary is like espn recap. Very good report.
Back to top Go down
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Notes from the winter classic    Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Matt waraich was playing PG for churchill but Marco Wan another guard also got some oppurtunitys to bring the ball up Id say it was matt 75% of the time . Thanks alot edward just doing my best too give my impression on a great weekend of basketball!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notes from the winter classic    Today at 7:19 am

Back to top Go down

Notes from the winter classic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1