HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What Junior Team Will Win The Provincial Title ?
Vancouver Collage
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Churchill
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Mout
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Tweedsmuir
17%
 17% [ 6 ]
Kits
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
McMath
17%
 17% [ 6 ]
SMUS
14%
 14% [ 5 ]
WRCA
16%
 16% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
bruce

PostSubject: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Lets see some numbers vote on your front runner for the banner come march .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:17 pm

coach b, who did u vote for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I have not voted yet I cant make up my mind on VC or WRCA ? I cant vote for SMUS because I have never seen them play and im not willing to go out on a limb and pick a darkhorse like churchill or mcmath .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justdoit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 pm

coach b wrote:
I have not voted yet I cant make up my mind on VC or WRCA ? I cant vote for SMUS because I have never seen them play and im not willing to go out on a limb and pick a darkhorse like churchill or mcmath .

Can you still consider churchill a darkhorse after they won the DRIVE Winter Tournament?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity baller

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:52 pm

What makes you think WRCA is going to win? they havent proven anything besides beating kits in a meaningless pre-season game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rajiv

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 pm

obviously kits didnt try that game, jeez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity baller

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Last edited by vancity baller on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elite

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:18 pm

I couldnt agree more with vancity baller. He is right. Due to the fact that they havent played any good teams, i think that when they play one, they are going to choke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 pm

WRCA has a good starting five espicially with tyus allen playing, but they lack in depth, and foul trouble would easily kill them against a team like SMUS, VC, Kits, or Churchill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Last edited by bc coach on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm not sure, I think it only matters if he has played more than 3 official league games with the senior team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 pm

I guess that we will have to wait and see if he is allowed to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Tyus allen will be allowed to play, it resets after every year. And I think it will make a difference, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. No point in trying to predict who's going to win if the provincials are still 2 months away. That's a lot of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurnabyBaller

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:46 pm

I don't think mcmath will win the banner, they haven't shown that they could consistently win. VC or Churchill have a good chance of winning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 pm

who knows what could happen in two months, Kids families could move or even injuries could happen and that can really dismantal a team. We ccan still make predictions but it is up to the kids on the floor to determine the outcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valleyball

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:03 am

Was just speaking to a coach on the island, and he was mentioning Vancouver Island FOUR berths to the provincials, while Vancouver only gets one automatic, and the Valley only gets three automatic. Last time I looked there were at least 7 serious teams that could advance from the Valleys

Enver Creek
Pitt
Tweedsmuir
WJ Mouat
Walnut Grove
White Rock Christian
Yale

This does not include Centenial, Charles Best or Terry Fox

What a joke to think the Island has it so easy, maybe a back door playoff should occur, because every year the Valley is solid. Can Coach Goulet cause a storm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

Goulet is coaching senoir, and Enver isn't good enough to be a contender but we need more berths in the valley.
In vancouver only one team will get in (Kits vs Churhill) and the loser plays indeoendent 1 (VC) for a provincial berth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:29 pm

I have formed a strong opinion about the teams on the island and I beleive that there teams ive seen so far cannot compete with the best of the mainland . Ive seen SMUS play VC once already and I beleive every team you have the choice of voting for in this poll is superior . Also teams such as Oak Bay & Lambrick park were blown out by both VC and McMath in an island tourney already once this year . I beleive it is a diservice to the kids to keep great teams in the valley out of provincials while sub par teams from the island will get an automatic birth .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:33 pm

coach fabio

Subject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Yesterday at 10:36 pm
WRCA has a good starting five espicially with tyus allen playing, but they lack in depth, and foul trouble would easily kill them against a team like SMUS, VC, Kits, or Churchill.

Foul trouble didn't seem to be a huge issue against kits as Peter Was in foul trouble the entire game. But I agree their bench is weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview

PostSubject: Really?   Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:12 pm

coach b wrote:
I have formed a strong opinion about the teams on the island and I beleive that there teams ive seen so far cannot compete with the best of the mainland . Ive seen SMUS play VC once already and I beleive every team you have the choice of voting for in this poll is superior . Also teams such as Oak Bay & Lambrick park were blown out by both VC and McMath in an island tourney already once this year . I beleive it is a diservice to the kids to keep great teams in the valley out of provincials while sub par teams from the island will get an automatic birth .

SMUS beat VC by about 30 in December at SMUS. VC was very lucky to squeak past Lambrick Park in OT the following week in the Oak Bay tournament. Agreed that Oak Bay is not strong this year, but Claremont and Spectrum can both play. Don't underestimate the South Island teams. We'll see how SMUS does this weekend at the VC tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm

to be honest this poll is a just a contest of which school has the most hooplife accounts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rajiv

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Whatever happened to WRCA? We saw them play once at the beginning of the year? Do they play in any tournaments? A buddy who goes to another school tells me they cancelled an exhibition game 1 hour before game time because they did'nt have a full team. I would take them off the contenders list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Today at 6:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next