HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What Junior Team Will Win The Provincial Title ?
Vancouver Collage
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Churchill
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Mout
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Tweedsmuir
17%
 17% [ 6 ]
Kits
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
McMath
17%
 17% [ 6 ]
SMUS
14%
 14% [ 5 ]
WRCA
16%
 16% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
justdoit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:14 pm

bball guy wrote:
Whatever happened to WRCA? We saw them play once at the beginning of the year? Do they play in any tournaments? A buddy who goes to another school tells me they cancelled an exhibition game 1 hour before game time because they did'nt have a full team. I would take them off the contenders list.
Yeah, the Churchill guys were pretty mad. If I was in their position, I would be too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 pm

valleyball wrote:
Was just speaking to a coach on the island, and he was mentioning Vancouver Island FOUR berths to the provincials, while Vancouver only gets one automatic, and the Valley only gets three automatic. Last time I looked there were at least 7 serious teams that could advance from the Valleys

Enver Creek
Pitt
Tweedsmuir
WJ Mouat
Walnut Grove
White Rock Christian
Yale

This does not include Centenial, Charles Best or Terry Fox

What a joke to think the Island has it so easy, maybe a back door playoff should occur, because every year the Valley is solid. Can Coach Goulet cause a storm

SMUS stepped up and took on the Provincials for the 2 years. Thats the advantage ( the extra berth ) that comes from hosting. If you want to change that just step up and host
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Americano

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:18 pm

They canceled the game because there was a double booking of the gym. They share their school with a church, and the church gets priority on everything. Not because they were scared or if they didnt have a full team. The team was ready to go and was ready to make a statement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:26 am

yea there was a double booking of the gym our apologies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBfun

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 am

last time I checked Pitt has won the Fraser's 3 times in a row now ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: who will win the Jnr Provinicials??? Why is Pitt not listed as a choice??   Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Pitt has a strong team of starters and above avergae depth from the bench....they won both the Kamloops "Big Kahuna" tourney and the recent NOrth Shore tourney....they have beaten WRCA, Walnut Grove, Mouat and played Kits close everytime (albeit losing)....where's the respect?? They have experienced BC Provincial players in Marshall and Rich, with Kandura and Cho playing great ball now to + Louise (don't know his last name) rounding out a great starting 5....with Wild a solid 3 point shooter and 2-3 other good bench players, they have to be considered to be able to make a run at the Provincials....VC has been strong in the past, but have not been there usual powerhouse in games i have seen this season.....at the end of the day, it will all be on the line in Victoria, with any of 5+ teams having a great shot at the Provincial title.......the draw, as much as anything, could have a huge effect, as some teams just seem to have other teams numbers (Kits seems to have Pitts!!) + some teams just get hot at the right time.......my only hope for the Provincials is consistent and strong officiating, as nothing is more frustrating than watching a Ref impact a game in a negative fashion......Good Luck to all Jnr Teams!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachD

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 pm

coach fabio wrote:
to be honest this poll is a just a contest of which school has the most hooplife accounts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?   Today at 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Opinions on what junior team will win the provincial title ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2