HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Individual Performances 2010-2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Does anyone know of any great games by a single player so far this year.

Jimmy Ralph's 46 against Catholic Central has to be one of them. I heard Clay Gibb had a big game in the LCI tournament final but don't have any details.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Jimmy had 57 in tri prov final and I beleive 67 in a league game and I cannot remember who that was against but I know in the 67 point game he didn't score a point in the first q. However high scoring outputs by an individual are often due to selfish play and can be detrimental to a teams success. Maybe Jimmy scoring so many points for himself leaving none for the rest of the team is the reason they made an early exit at provincials?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm thinking of games this season but I would agree that a full stat line is a much better sign of complete player and better performance than just a high point total. I just heard today that a kid named Chase Neilsen from Cochrane scored 52 points with a quadruple double in a game earlier this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:48 am

A couple big games for players against Foothills. Jasdeep Gill had 34 points in a 91-89 win. Ammon Crowfoot had 36 on perfect shooting from 3.

Trying to dig up more information and confirm Neilsen's game for Cochrane. I'll post it when I find out. Details are hard to find and even then are usually 2nd or 3rd hand information.
Back to top Go down
disturbed

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:51 am

It would also be interesting to know who these games were against. Posting big numbers against a weak team is not nearly as impressive as posting them against a tough opponent. There are kids all over the province who score 30+ in games at a variety of levels. Doing it against top competition, or doing it regularly is what is impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am

I would agree. Foothills is a 4A HM.
Back to top Go down
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm

I think its a stretch for them to be 4a HM right now. They looked pretty weak at Sugar Bowl. A very average LCI team beat them by 15 on the consolation side of the draw to knock them out after 2 games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsnut

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Paul Kane has 2 good players.

Last edited by hoopsnut on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:09 pm

hoopsnut wrote:
There was a ridiculous (6'5" point guard) East Indian kid at the Shep tournament from Chestermere who scored 30+ against Shep and must have had over 15 rebounds. There was also a 6'3" post player from Cranbrook (Mount Baker) at the same tournament who must have had 35 points and 15 rebounds against Paul Kane. Sorry, don't know names.

Although all of these lines are impressive they do not state the truth.
I do not know the guys name from Cranbrook but Paul Kane must have been a bad team. Cranbrook is AAA in BC and gets killed by 40+ every game each year in provincials. None of their players are even close to being in the discussion for top players in BC, and I know this discussion is about top performances but I think people posting should think about who they are playing against because tons of guys could drop 40 against bad teams but only a few can against the top teams in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball10

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:06 am

This past December Harry Ainlay played JP and JP won 99-95 and this kid #8 from JP scored 41 points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballin101

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm

i dont really understand how you could say foothills shouldnt be considered a 4a school or its a stretch for them to be 4a when they are an honorable mentions at the moment for rankings and in there home tournament finished 2nd over a team that was ranked 10th and another that was ranked 4th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
niggaGCL

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 am

yeah that point guard at chestermere is sick but hes stunned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cochrane

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm

CYDC wrote:
I'm thinking of games this season but I would agree that a full stat line is a much better sign of complete player and better performance than just a high point total. I just heard today that a kid named Chase Neilsen from Cochrane scored 52 points with a quadruple double in a game earlier this year.

I just ran across this site and thought I'd clear up some misinformation. Chace Nielson is playing on the Cochrane High JV team and not the Cochrane High Varsity team. He did have a 52 point game earlier in the season and is averaging close to a quadruple double per game but he is a younger grade 10 player in the Jr Varsity basketball league.

There are players on the Cochrane Varsity team who have had 30+ pt games in the same category as what has been posted on this thread. I'm sure there are lots of teams who have players scoring those kinds of numbers in a single game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2 Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Scoring 52 points in a game is a big accomplishment so don't get me wrong however I think you have to take into account that from what I have heard the Jr Varsity Division in Rockyview is mostly grade 9 and 10's and the competition level is a lot lower that what you would find in the city

Cochrane wrote:
CYDC wrote:

I just ran across this site and thought I'd clear up some misinformation. Chace Nielson is playing on the Cochrane High JV team and not the Cochrane High Varsity team. He did have a 52 point game earlier in the season and is averaging close to a quadruple double per game but he is a younger grade 10 player in the Jr Varsity basketball league.

There are players on the Cochrane Varsity team who have had 30+ pt games in the same category as what has been posted on this thread. I'm sure there are lots of teams who have players scoring those kinds of numbers in a single game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks for the info Cochrane. I hear good things coming out of there, just not a lot first hand. You sound like you might be the coach. Great job with your program.

Your division scores show that there isn't much competition for you in JV or Varsity in league play.
Back to top Go down
Cochrane

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 am

The coaches are Jim Forrest and Steve Hamaliuk and they've done some great things with this group of players. We're hoping for a big run through playoffs and provincials.

Of the 35 games each team plays this year, only 10 are within Rocky View league play. Both groups are in the most competitive tournaments they can get into against 4A schools as well as a varsity trip to Palm Springs in which they were 2-2. The JV team is playing against 4A teams of grade 10/11s for more than 2/3 of their games and have won almost every game and every tournament they've entered against players who are, on average, a year older and schools that are 2 to 4 times larger.

Despite the differences at the JV level, the better grade 11s in Calgary play varsity and only the strongest grade 9s have an impact in Rocky View games. For those grade 9 players it becomes a huge advantage for their development but that type of system also takes players out of the program way too early which is a significant drawback. Either way, JV is primarily a grade 10 game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro33

PostSubject: Jimmys 67- TOO EASY   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I happened to be there, and I saw Bohnes 69 too. I tell you what, it looked like Jimmy was toying with the Zeniths. This was no doubt the best game in Alberta since Rich's 69. He will errupt again cause he is relentless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Individual Performances 2010-2011   Today at 5:13 am

Back to top Go down

Top Individual Performances 2010-2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1