HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

REB 2009 Sr Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:06 am

Wow some debate. The things kids deserve the most is someone telling them the truth relaistically about there talent and not filling there heads with misinformation. Unitl you have personally experienced the pain of someone you care not being told these things by there high school coach and getting destroyed emotionally at the "next level" you wil never understrand. So appreicate post and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Hoops Nut

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm

"leave it at that"
- I bet nobody saw that abrupt back down coming did they?

Was that weepy last statement really designed to illicit any sympathy or to excuse the dozen posts by you? The only way it could possibly excuse any of the nonsense is if you had opened this thread with it in the first place. Realizing, of course, that you may have to deal with the scrutiny over YOUR definition of what is "truth" and "misinformation". However, you still may have engaged a lively yet sympathetic conversation about the state of basketball in response. May possibly have even found some agreement from me.
But you didn't open with it. So, allow me....

------------
hyp·o·crite
Pronunciation: \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
Date: 13th century

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feeling
------------

Now, let me get this straight. In order to justify YOUR interpretation of watching a kid that plays basketball get hurt by something that an adult said to them, about them, etc, you come in here and...insult a bunch of kids that play basketball? Some kid didn't cut it at the "next level", which happens to 99% of us by the way and you need someone to blame so badly that you come here and make this big incoherent fuss. All the ranting, that never actually arrives at a point of any kind and you then sum it up with that boo-hoo statement implying it should make it all better. Nothing you have said in here helped us arrive at that last post either because attacking a school, a coach, players for an entire thread doesn't bring us to you being upset over a kids negative experience while attempting the transition to the "next level". You may want to investigate the word debate as well. As you have failed to achieve the primary notion that establishes a debate, the establishment, clarification and defense of a consistent & salient point.

I'm in my 31st year in this community, do you honestly believe in some self-absorbed fog that I don't know anyone that I cared about that was caused pain by something they failed to achieve, something harsh that was done to them or said to them in this game? Really? That's your stance? I'll tell you stories that will curl your hair. I'll never understand? Wow!

Let me apply an alternative variation for you. Basketball is not the be-all & end-all to the world that some people make it out to be. Why, because it ends and ends very quickly in the context of a lifetime. Basketball falls a long way behind marriage, a family, a career or the ominous responsibility of something like buying a home. But basketball sure supplies a glorious microcosm that serves as a wonderful preparation platform for all those things. I generally find those that played competitive sports better equipped for their adult lives. And yes, while we are immersed in it we want to develop, to progress, to compete, to achieve, to excel...but it will end. And for the vast majority it will end in high school. So, instead of lashing out for some coach to blame for a kid not achieving what they desired or thought they should achieve and especially if it came crashing down harshly, I would suggest a radical concept called parenting. Since it all ends at some point, how was that explained to this young person and how were they left better prepared to take on their own life by that experience, no matter how negative it was for them. Or is it all better served by blaming some coach for saying something that YOU didn't agree with or like? Their time in the game as a competitor is over, what did you contribute to that transition? Did you just leave them with the notion that something a previous coach said or didn't say caused their failure or negative experience at the "next level"? Or did you try explaining that at some point we've all failed to have what it took to acquire or achieve something we wanted or thought we should have? Suggest any ways to cope with that, strategies to achieve it the next time or even that the true value was in the attempt itself?
Who was more profoundly effected by what happened to this young person in your life, you or them?

Let me conclude with a little word association, I'll throw out some words and you see if you can attach something to them :
Perspective...Perception...Limits...Choices...Bias...Self-control...Spellchecker

...anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Quite the response. Wish all the responses here were that well thought out and written. The point has tbe made though there are lots of university and college coaches out there who will say anything to get players in there programs and that in a lot of ways we are no different than the states when it comes to getting athletes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Nut

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 am

Seriously, "lots of university and college coaches"? Really, "lots"? What is your access to "lots"? Locally there are 10 of them, what is lots, 5 or 6 or 7? You've got access to 5 or 6 or 7 of them do you? How about...NAME ONE?
And by all means also include your own personal interpretation of "say anything"?
I won't even get into your complete lack of understanding about the culture of sport as it pertains to here and in the U.S. To say there is a comparison in motivation factors and pressures is ludicrous, at best. The difference in the economic model tied to sport between us and them makes that comparison almost idiotic.
Your statement has no validity or merit.

*sighs*

Do you remember our little conversation earlier about things like perspective, perception, bias? The essence of that was you understand not to make generalizations based on a personal situation that didn't go the way you wanted it to and then turn it into an unsubstantiated blanket statement.

So, I'd thought I would play...again, give you a whole windbag long thesis on why your statement holds no real validity or merit. Finished most of it and it was turning out quite well too. However, since this is and has been all along about something else all together I thought that maybe we could just skip ahead and you finally tell me what all this has really been about.

Let's stop pretending all these wishy-washy, blame statements you make have any real purpose or have actually been thought through. No more shifting stories and subtexts, bouncing back & forth between bravado & cowardice. Stop changing topics every time you're challenged as this thread doesn't even have a theme to it any more. Stop taking an issue that's obviously about YOU and making it about everyone & everything else. Anyone reading this can tell that you have a beef with someone over something so state it or move on.

Why not just tell me who wronged you so terribly and how.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:56 am

Pretty brutal basketballl on the west coast. Especially the Alberta edition. After that defensive struggle against HA kind of hoped it would get better. Nope still brutal coaching. You would think with all those coaches someone would no what there doing! doesn't look like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttleworth

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm brand new to hooplife... great forum to follow amateur athletics & this strand is the most entertaining to read through. Park1- which game are you are reffering to? I don't know much about bc hoops, but isn't bc basketball pretty good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Just the Alberta games I`ve watched at Western Canada. The one team has a lot of coaches and some good athletes but poor coaching. Best basketball in Canada is in Toronto, Montreal, Windsor, Halifax and Vancouver. Lots what Toronto West is doing for NAIT and those aren`t even thebest players from Toronto. The best players from TO go NCAA and CIS not CCAA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 am

Man Riley Barker went off on Jasper Place from Edmonton tonight. 10 for 11 shooting and 10 15 from the freethrow. The stiff guarding him was total outplayed!! It was joke the defence that was attempted on him and this is a top 5 team in Alberta. No wonder AB was almost dead last at the Canada Summer games in 2009. I hear Saskatchewan has better basketball than AB these days. Maybe next some better from AB can show up and give somebody anybody a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barneyrubble

PostSubject: JP   Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 am

I have viewed a number of your responses with interest. I agree with some of what you have stated, but disagree with some specific suggestions. You have an apparent distaste for JP basketball in particular the coaching. I was an observer of the recent JP v. Harry Ainlay game, you have suggested the JP coaching was bad. I do not concur. Have you talked to the JP Head Coach regarding his strategy for that game?? JP won 128-101. The execution displayed by JP was extraordinary. It had to be to score 128 points in a 40 minute game. Execution is a direct reflection of a well coached team - I would think people would acknowledge the achievement of JP in scoring 128 points, and acknowledge the execution displayed by JP. #15 and #12 played extremely well.

I too was curious as to how JP would fare against competition in Kelowna. From my review it appears JP lost to St.George by 8 in their first game. St. George is the defending Provincial Champion for B.C., and highly ranked, and they return Emerson Murray who is one of the best players in British Columbia. It appears they played a very tough team and were in the game with a chance to win.

JP's next game was against Luther from Saskatchewan. It is my understanding Luther is 9-1 in Regina and having a very good season. From my review of this game JP beat Luther 71-47. This is a convincing win. Given the score it would appear JP played great defense. It says a lot about a team, and the coaching, who are able to score 128 points in one game and then a few days later hold a good team to 47 points. I think JP demonstrated, at least in this game, Alberta was well represented, and that our best (Alberta) was significantly ahead of the best in Saskatchewan. Further, JP held Luther to 37.3% from the field and 23.1% from the 3 point line. A good defensive display.

In the final game JP played White Rock who were the 2nd ranked team in British Columbia coming into the Tournament. From my review it appears JP played extremely well. It does look like Riley Barker played extremely well. What do we know about Riley Barker?? Riley is 6'11". Riley has signed with the Portland Pilots, a Division I school who are playing well and recently have played Gonzaga, currently ranked in the Top 20 NCAA teams, and almost won. They are a good school. It would seem this player would be a load for any team in Canada to match up with. To lose by 7 to the 2nd ranked British Columbia team is definitely not a disgrace.

It would appear JP did quite well against 2 of the top teams in B.C., with both teams they played having players who will be playing NCAA Division 1.

Prior to rushing to judgment on JP and their coaching the aforenoted things should be considered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Didn't realize those teams are so highly ranked. My error
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Nut

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or depressed...no matter how much it's shown that you know NOTHING about basketball or really anything you've attempted to talk about for that matter, you just keep right on going.
Astounding.

So, let's recap for everyone shall we. This joker has carried on for an entire thread rambling on incoherently about what, nobody can really tell, other than his apparent self-motivated distaste for something at JP...that he will NOT divulge. If you read back at all the drivel authored by "Guest", that's him too before he got banned off the forum for being a negative, ignorant child. However, he is so devoted to this mindless, pointless attack and some destructive psychological need to continue be a little kid and lashing out, he got another email address and re-registered in another name to continue on. What stands out is that with his supposed vast knowledge of bball, he only posts in this thread. Further to that no matter how much he is challenged on his nonsense he just keeps avoiding making any type of point and constantly changing directions, all the while contradicting himself.

-----
park1 wrote:
Pretty brutal basketballl on the west coast. Especially the Alberta edition. After that defensive struggle against HA kind of hoped it would get better. Nope still brutal coaching. You would think with all those coaches someone would no what there doing! doesn't look like it.

So, what is being talked about here is 1) 37th Annual Western Canada Basketball Tournament in BC that JP attended this last weekend as has been detailed above and 2) JP blowing Ainley out of the gym this last week in league play. Neither events which he attended and has some desperate need to criticize.

park1 wrote:
Pretty brutal basketballl on the west coast. Especially the Alberta edition.

Well first, "Alberta" is code for "JP" and with his usual flair for the English language "edition" is likely meant to be "addition". Next, the tournament was in Kelowna...or maybe you didn't know that Kelowna isn't located on the west coast, try Google. Finally, of the tournaments eight teams, 5 of them were from BC (3 from Van) and all of them ranked, #2, #7, # 8, #10, and the home team was HM in the late January BC rankings. Then, of course Luther which is always a strong Sask program, in first place in Regina and hosts a great tournament of their own. Then throw into the mix JP's Alberta rank and Fort Richmond ranked #10 in Manitoba.

So, brutal bball huh? Shows, again, what you know.

http://www.kss.sd23.bc.ca/sports/bb/westcan/summary10.html

------
park1 wrote:
After that defensive struggle against HA kind of hoped it would get better. Nope still brutal coaching. You would think with all those coaches someone would no what there doing! doesn't look like it.

Now this is some sort of shot at JP bulldozing over Ainley (coached by George Hoyt) in league, in which JP had 100 pts in 3 quarters. Now let's look back in this thread to an earlier pointless attack of JP:

park1 as 'Guest' wrote:
Part of good defence is being taught good defence and Youngs and Hoyt do a better job of teaching there athletes how to defend and that is why they stand a better chance of wining a provincial title.

So, clearly to all you're just saying things to hear your own voice as those two quotes don't seem to agree very much.
Entertaining game, JP opened it up wide for pace and flow, Ainley was over matched, end of story. Attempting to draw a pointless negative out of reading that final score is again proof you have no clue, I wonder what you're inane comment would have been if JP had won 48-29 instead.

-----
park1 wrote:
Just the Alberta games I`ve watched at Western Canada. The one team has a lot of coaches and some good athletes but poor coaching.

So, again, "Alberta" is his code for not actually saying JP, clearly trying to not appear to be attacking them directly, his awareness of being banned from here once already. He wasn't there, watched some of it streamed online yet somehow deduced that with all 8 teams in their own provincial rankings that there was "brutal basketball" and bad coaching. But covered his big mouth with:
park1 wrote:
Didn't realize those teams are so highly ranked. My error

Once again, clear establishment that you are completely clueless.

-----

park1 wrote:
Best basketball in Canada is in Toronto, Montreal, Windsor, Halifax and Vancouver. Lots what Toronto West is doing for NAIT and those aren`t even thebest players from Toronto. The best players from TO go NCAA and CIS not CCAA!

Well, I've actually been to all 5 of those cities, have family in 3 of them...you ever been to even one?
So as we've established that you know NOTHING about bball in Vancouver, tell us about Halifax bball, or by all means tell us about Windsor bball...how about even pointing out Windsor on a map. Windsor has a population of about 200,000, about double Red Deer and only a small handful of moderate sized high schools in the city, none of which appear to be of any prominence on the boys side of Ontario bball currently. Is it because Windsor had 2 kids in Div 1 NCAA ball recently at Eastern Washington and Columbia, is that your whole story?
As, for your assertion about Toronto producing more high level players than Edmonton, well the GTA has a population of 7 million, double Alberta itself and the Edmonton metro area, with St. Albert and Sherwood Park included is about 880,000. So, thats a genius comparison. And even then the only source of proof you've offered more than once is NAIT? We won't even get into the nature of youth athletics between here and there.

-----
park1 wrote:
Man Riley Barker went off on Jasper Place from Edmonton tonight. 10 for 11 shooting and 10 15 from the freethrow. The stiff guarding him was total outplayed!! It was joke the defence that was attempted on him and this is a top 5 team in Alberta. No wonder AB was almost dead last at the Canada Summer games in 2009. I hear Saskatchewan has better basketball than AB these days. Maybe next some better from AB can show up and give somebody anybody a game.

Way too much stupidity here to even make comment and I think it's been covered adequately above.
-----

So when are we going to arrive at the point where you stop being such a huge coward, continually showing everyone here that you have no actual idea what you're talking about and tell us what is your real issue with JP? You hate JP's program but continue to follow everything they do...except actually attending their games of course. It's all just boring now, JP's bball is inferior, the "big 3's" bball is inferior, Edmonton's bball is inferior, Alberta's bball is inferior and all the while you just keep contradicting yourself. All you do is throw out mindless, negative attacks that never have any point or purpose, make any real sense or have any real truth behind them.

So, like I said once before and before you just get banned again: "Why not just tell me who wronged you so terribly and how."

Last edited by Hoops Nut on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Peanut Nut or Hoop Nuts you need a life! or a B_ _ _ J_ _ People make mistakes and misquotes. Relax and move on. Its just a discussion list not the end of the world. Some people just know how to go overboard on minor things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Nut

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Hey dipwad, this isn't about one stupid post its about 18 of them. About 18 incoherent, ranting, error filled, factually challenged, mispelled, grammer murdering, mindless posts. Comments that never come to a point, that never actually tell us what your problem is, just one dumb and/or ignorant comment after another.
You're a liar and a poser. Make a point, tell the truth about ANYTHING or just shut up.

You got a pass for nearly 2 pages of your drivel, count on being answered for the spineless putz that you've been from now on.
Get over yourself.

So....

1) 18 posts essentially attacking JP, who needs "a life"?
2) Since you've been proven many times that you speak about things you know nothing about then I doubt you've ever had a "B_ _ _ J_ _ "
3) That so-called "mistake", you actually ranted on about for three posts, that "mistake" illustrated how little you know about...well, anything. It was hardly a mistake when you deduced that the bball was brutal and poorly coached from a webstream and we had to point out to you the caliber of ALL the teams present. And that "mistake" was actually several mistakes, and then several more every other time you post.
4) I did relax...for about 2 pages when it became evident that just being stupid wasn't going to be a deterent for you.
5) I think everyone here would concur that maybe YOU should "move on" I'm not the initiator here, you are, I'm not the one so clearly hung up on something that he can't let go....so "move on".
6) You're not having any kind of "discussion", you're whining, complaining, accusing detracting, insulting, lecturing, lying, demeaning.............
7) You may want to review the word "overboard" as you reread all that you've written here in this thread. Given your usual butchering of English I would be happy to get you the definition should you need it. You're clearly overcompensating for yet again....something you won't tell us.

So, please continue with your discussion......

Last edited by Hoops Nut on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalBall

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 pm

LOL, please park1, just stop. You obviously have nothing to say anymore, if i was you, id quit and give up the sport of basketball just because of this thread. You've been exploited bud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
park1

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Quit please! Having to much fun reading from people who have never played the game trying to pass themselves off as experts.

Lets start a real discussion then like for example the game in Canada is never going to grow and improve unless high school and club coaches stop worrying about winning and focus on developing players with the skills they need to get to an elite level in basketball. Skills like proper footwork for layups, left handed and right handed. Ensuring kids know how to shoot a freethrow and not the bricks they throw up these days. How to move there feet on defence instead or just trying to block everything under the sun! even how to pass the basketball properly and teaching how to hit a shot jumper which no ones seems to know how to do these days.

There is no point learning how to dunk if you don't have the proper footwork.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Nut

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:15 am

de⋅lu⋅sion
Pronunciation [di-loo-zhuhn]
1. a false belief or opinion, derived from deception
2. Psychiatry: a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact, a belief that is pathological as the result of an illness.
-----

I may actually start becoming impressed here. The audacity of your obliviousness to reality leaves me in awe. No matter how many times everything that you say is exposed as fraud and lies and (see above), you just turn the steering wheel in a new direction and continue on. How are you not punch-drunk?

Oh, just in case:
-----
au·dac·i·ty
Pronunciation [aw-das-i-tee]
1. boldness or daring, esp. with confident or arrogant disregard for conventional thought, or other restrictions.
2. effrontery or insolence; shameless boldness.

ob⋅liv⋅i⋅ous
Pronunciation: [uh-bliv-ee-uhs]
Function: adjective
1 : lacking remembrance, memory, or mindful attention
2 : lacking active conscious knowledge or awareness
-----

Well, i might have been impressed if we hadn't now reduced you to childish taunts. Oh, yes and proven that essentially everything you've said is a false load of crap. Or the new directions you steer into weren't just a transparent variation of the same tired nonsense.

park1 wrote:
Quit please! Having to much fun reading from people who have never played the game trying to pass themselves off as experts.

First of all for the 20th time, it's "TOO MUCH", not "TO MUCH".
For example: "Would it be asking TOO MUCH of you to use proper grammer and spelling?".

Anyways, let me get this clear in my own head, because you made a team once and perhaps even got off the bench to play that you are therefore an expert at the game? And just what is your definition of the word "expert" because I'm quite positive that it differs from the one the rest of us are using? Is your definition of expert someone who speaks with authority about something they haven't actually witnessed without the use of pesky things like facts or truth?

Okay, I'll be fair for a moment and use your own logic: playing makes you an expert. So, remember back earlier in this thread when you were asserting that the "big 3" were doing such a poor job of understanding what it takes to prepare for the next level? Coaches like Dave Youngs & Rick Stanley, guys who have no real idea how to make it into and excel at the top level as players? How could they then possible know more than YOU? With your VAST playing background and success on the court compared to them how could anyone doubt your observations about their knowledge?

But you're right, you got all of us. We all come here to a forum about basketball because none of us have any stake in the game at all, no one here has played or coached or reffed. We all just come here and loiter in the threads praying that someone like you will come and rescue us from our own ignorance. I had it all wrong, I foolishly believed that it was you making nonsensical claim after claim and it was us doing nothing more than simply using facts and logic to refute them. But it turns out that it was all of us pretending to know all sorts of fictitious things and it was you setting us all straight with well thought out information and clear, simple observations. I can only imagine how annoying it must be to listen to all of us continuously reading our resumes in an effort to convince others of our expertise when our brilliant words and many firsthand observations can't convince anyone.

park1 wrote:
Lets start a real discussion then like for example the game in Canada is never going to grow and improve unless high school and club coaches stop worrying about winning and focus on developing players with the skills they need to get to an elite level in basketball.

Do you remember back on the last page when you & I had our little talk about blanket statements. Using words and phrases like "in Canada" or "unless high school and club coaches" without a qualification. So, how do you plan to have a conversation when you have started it by speaking for ALL of Canada, none of which you've obviously seen. We've already established that you aren't talking about Vancouver or Saskatchewan or Windsor seen as you know nothing about any of those places. You blanketed all coaches with an observation. Now I won't make any attempt to establish what that number is but just in Edmonton it would number in the hundreds. However, you now want to have a conversation based on a single, all-encompassing observation of the state of basketball in the entire country based on the world according to you? So, you've opened with a highly flawed statement that has entirely no merit. How would you like us to respond to that?
And just what is "elite" in your mind? Unfortunately, that's all it is, in YOUR mind.

park1 wrote:
Skills like proper footwork for layups, left handed and right handed. Ensuring kids know how to shoot a freethrow and not the bricks they throw up these days. How to move there feet on defence instead or just trying to block everything under the sun! even how to pass the basketball properly and teaching how to hit a shot jumper which no ones seems to know how to do these days.
There is no point learning how to dunk if you don't have the proper footwork.

Yes I read the Introduction chapter to the NCCP Lvl 1 coaching manual too, about 25 years ago. What a load of gibberish. Are you now waiting for someone to oppose you and say "no way, screw the skills and just win!"?

So in summary, no one in Canada has any notion of what it takes to teach and train basketball players/teams except you. Every coach in Canada only wants to win and doesn't understand that to do that you have to teach skills, actual skills. That all the rest of us think that the idea of teaching skills is just "crazy talk". And finally that no one else but you sees all this. We should be thankful that you've pointed out what fools everyone who coaches has been by not seeing that brilliance about moving "THERE feet" and freethrows instead of "bricks", then equating it all to success. So, thank god for you!

I know how to fix all this,

You are right about everything, we've ALL been wrong the whole time and I don't know what made us ALL think that we had any real clue in the face of your obvious knowledge, background and just plain sound logic. It was wrong of ALL of us to ever oppose your observations, observations made from clearly taking the time to get out and view all these poor coaches and their flaws. If only guys like Dave Youngs or Rick Stanley had access to your keen insights about "trying to block everything under the sun" or had you available to teach them a "shot jumper" when they were young players. With insights like that I'm positive that they might have actually succeeded after high school at the "elite" level. As for myself, I will never see the game the same way again after applying "no point learning how to dunk if you don't have the proper footwork" to the game! We are ALL so grateful.

Bravo sir, bravo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High Flyer

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:32 am

OK, stop it already.....I just spit Root Beer all over my keyboard I'm laughing so hard.

DPark, Guest, Park1, or whatever name you are using this week, please keep posting. The more you open your mouth, the dumber you sound. There's an old saying, "Remain quiet and appear to be ignorant, or open your mouth and remove all doubt". My friend, you are in the latter category. Y

Your posts stink of hatred for Jasper Place. Did you get cut or something, so now you have deduced that Coach Stanley must be dumb to not see your amazing ability? That's got to be it! If he hadn't cut you, now you would be playing at the "next level" (or probably in the NBA in your mind)!!

Keep posting man.....it's hilarious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Ref

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

I haven't looked at Hoop Life for a while, and boy are there some "interesting" comments on here. I agree with High Flyer that Park must be a former Jasper Place student with dilusions that he can play ball. Coach Stanley must have cut him, so now he comes on here and dumps on the JP Basketball program. Notice, he has never posted on any other thread! This leads me to one conclusion:

Park = Tool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
woot woot

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

HOOPS REF= Rob haacks DAD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrsmithisgod

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

woot woot wrote:
HOOPS REF= Rob haacks DAD

Hahaha I agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
woot woot

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Im in the club like a donut Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Ref

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am

Yes, I am a ref, but I am not any player in Alberta`s parent. There are several players in Edmonton and Calgary where their parent is a ref.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
woot woot

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:23 pm

You sure about that MR. HAACK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Ref

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Ha Ha.....I know Rob's dad (Darryl), and no I'm not him. There are plenty of players in Alberta with a parent that is also a ref. Lots in Calgary too. Like I said previously, I don't have any kids playing ball in Alberta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
woot woot

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 pm

alrightie then
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REB 2009 Sr Boys   Today at 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down

REB 2009 Sr Boys