HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Players In Higschool

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bellbasketball

PostSubject: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 am

Wondering in no order who the top 10-15 players were in the city in different perspectives and like maybe what makes them so good? Tier 2/A/AA/AAA/AAAA everyone deserves a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:33 am

I won't list any players from SRB but I am sure that there are at least one or two that deserve to be in the conversation. From what I have seen from the other teams, I would start a list with the following but not in order:

Lual - LBP
Justin - Nepean
#2 and Vick - SH
Powers - Earl of March
#23 - St. Pats
#14 and #10 - LBP
the two big guys from Ashbury
#21 - Bell
Devon - Glebe
Gavin - St. Matts
Jordan - St. Pius

I have yet to see St. Joes or Hillcrest this year so I cannot speak to their players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 pm

coachc wrote:
I won't list any players from SRB but I am sure that there are at least one or two that deserve to be in the conversation. From what I have seen from the other teams, I would start a list with the following but not in order:

Lual - LBP
Justin - Nepean
#2 and Vick - SH
Powers - Earl of March
#23 - St. Pats
#14 and #10 - LBP
#21 - Bell
Devon - Glebe
Gavin - St. Matts
Jordan - St. Pius

I have yet to see St. Joes or Hillcrest this year so I cannot speak to their players.

This is a good starting list to fill in some of the names for numbers... #2 on SH is Sean, #23 on St. Pats is Christian, # 10 on LBP is Johnny, # 14 on LBP is Darren i believe not 100% on that one, The two big guys on ashbury are Matt and Jean.

Missing from this list:
Medhi from CB
Alex from St. Joes
Emad from Hillcrest

And i don't know if owen powers should be on the top 10-15 list or not... Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 pm

coachc wrote:

Lual - LBP
Justin - Nepean
#2 and Vick - SH
Powers - Earl of March
#23 - St. Pats
#14 and #10 - LBP
#21 - Bell
Devon - Glebe
Gavin - St. Matts
Jordan - St. Pius

Before mentioning EOM sg Powers you should mention EOM post Ryan and EOM pg Rob. Not that any of them should be in top 10 anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topflight94

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 am

U guys are forgetting

Sham - Bell
Sam-Holy
Ryan-EOM
Claudio-Notre dame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topflight94

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:00 am

U guys are forgetting

Sham - Bell
Sam-Holy
Ryan-EOM
Claudio-Notre dame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 am

We have played EOM twice so far and the Powers kid was definitely their best player in both games and he definitely deserves to be on the list. The only question for him is whether or not he can defend the other team's best player, but offensively he is a very talented guard. I have yet to see CB, St. Joes, or Hillcrest so I will take your word for the guys you mentioned from their teams. I will also agree that Claudio belongs on that list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 am

Yes, Claudio should be on there, but what about Peter from ND as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellbasketball

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Pretty sure Peter is not playing this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm

is sham gonna be able to play, cause I heard he wasnt allowed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Tidus41 wrote:
is sham gonna be able to play, cause I heard he wasnt allowed

Sham was not allowed to play in the pre-season games and practices, i saw him playing in the SRB and SH game so im sure his ready to go.
i've herd many bell players have contracts with the school, so their on tight leaches.
and about peter i don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 pm

??? I'm pretty sure sham did not play against SRB, cause I was watching the game, wat number was he
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Tidus41 wrote:
??? I'm pretty sure sham did not play against SRB, cause I was watching the game, wat number was he

Yeah, just saw the highlights last night. Sham M. was playing. Don't know what number he was but I know he was playing for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotmaker

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm

coachc wrote:
We have played EOM twice so far and the Powers kid was definitely their best player in both games and he definitely deserves to be on the list. The only question for him is whether or not he can defend the other team's best player, but offensively he is a very talented guard. I have yet to see CB, St. Joes, or Hillcrest so I will take your word for the guys you mentioned from their teams. I will also agree that Claudio belongs on that list.

Bell played EOM tonight and I was personally unimpressed with both Ryan and Powers. It seems as though they didn't play their best game as a team, but neither of those two players really did anything significant throughout the whole game. In fact, I'm not even sure Ryan had any points. I wouldn't place either of those two in the top 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throwback

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 pm

shotmaker wrote:
coachc wrote:

Bell played EOM tonight and I was personally unimpressed with both Ryan and Powers. It seems as though they didn't play their best game as a team, but neither of those two players really did anything significant throughout the whole game. In fact, I'm not even sure Ryan had any points. I wouldn't place either of those two in the top 10

Yea, i was watching that game, Ryan had no points, he was locked down pretty well, and powers im sure had no more than 6, maybe 8.
they only scored 4 points as a team in the first Q and 11 in the Half.
gotta give creds to Bell's D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 pm

It's true that ryan evans is still very raw, and inconsistent, but his size cannot be ignored, and everyone is looking to develop him for the next level, if he could put on some more muscle, he can be the most dominant big man next year and the year after
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm

this is my list of top players from what ive seen (In no particular order)

-Justin Shaver 6'7 Nepean
-Mehdi Tihani 6'2 Colonel By
-Gavin Resch 6'1 St.Matts
-Nikola M. 6'5 SRB
-Amir Majidi 6'4 SRB
-Jamal Aden 5'10 SRB
-Johnny Berhane 6'2 LBP
-Josh Shiposh 6'0 Bell
-Sham Mohamud 6'0 Bell
-Christian Kondo 6'1 St.Pats
-Sean Stoqua 5'9 Sacred Heart
-Vikas Gill 6'5 Sacred Heart
-Ryan Evans 6'10 EOM
-Craig Poleso 5'9 St.Pauls
-Claudio Marques 6'3 Notre Dame

Honorable Mentions
-Owen Powers 5'10 EOM, Tyrell Johnson 6'0 Immaculata, AJ Premo 6'0 Franco, Rob Van-Galder 6'3 Sacred Heart, Matt Price 6'0 St.Matts, Achuil Lual 6'8 LBP

Sorry if I am missing anyone, feel free to add or take away from the list, but I feel like these bunch are the top players in the league SO FAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 pm

scout1 wrote:
this is my list of top players from what ive seen (In no particular order)

-Justin Shaver 6'7 Nepean
-Mehdi Tihani 6'2 Colonel By
-Gavin Resch 6'1 St.Matts
-Nikola M. 6'5 SRB
-Amir Majidi 6'4 SRB
-Jamal Aden 5'10 SRB
-Johnny Berhane 6'2 LBP
-Josh Shiposh 6'0 Bell
-Sham Mohamud 6'0 Bell
-Christian Kondo 6'1 St.Pats
-Sean Stoqua 5'9 Sacred Heart
-Vikas Gill 6'5 Sacred Heart
-Ryan Evans 6'10 EOM
-Craig Poleso 5'9 St.Pauls
-Claudio Marques 6'3 Notre Dame

Honorable Mentions
-Owen Powers 5'10 EOM, Tyrell Johnson 6'0 Immaculata, AJ Premo 6'0 Franco, Rob Van-Galder 6'3 Sacred Heart, Matt Price 6'0 St.Matts, Achuil Lual 6'8 LBP

Sorry if I am missing anyone, feel free to add or take away from the list, but I feel like these bunch are the top players in the league SO FAR

First 4 players r the best in Ottawa.
Vikas and Sean (SH) and Christian (St. Pats) should be in the same group.
That's seven best in the city.
Daemar (St. Pats) and J.P (Ashbury) follow these top players - that's 9 best in the city
I prefer Craig (St. Pauls) as a 10th best in the city over Jamal, Claudio, Ryan, Josh, Amir.
The only reason that the BEST CITY PLAYER - Devon - is Not on the list, because he's not playing due to injury.

TOP 10 (My Order):

Justin (Nepean)
Mehdi (C B)
Nikola (SRB)
Sean (SH) - gr.11
Gavin (St.Matts)
Christian (St. Pats)
J.P (Ashbury) - gr.11
Vikas (SH) - gr.11
Daemar (St. Pats) - gr.11
Craig (St. Pauls) - gr.11

5 players from grade 11th in the top 10. That's impressive.

Honorable Mention (20 players in My Order):
Jamal (SRB),
Alex (St. Joes),
Emad (Hill),
Ryan (EOM),
Matt (Ashbury)
Owen (EOM),
AJ (Franco),
Amir (SRB),
Sam (Holly)
Robert (EOM),
Claudio (ND),
Josh (Bell),
Brandon (SH),
Matt (St. Matts),
Achuil (LBP),
Rob (SH),
Eric (All Saints)
Tyrell (Immac)
Lucas (Nepean)
Greg (Immac)

In my opinion any of the very 10 top players from Honorable Mention could be anytime among the 10 best in the city if they become more mature players and they can perform every game.

Please feel free to improve this NOT COMPLETED list.

P.S.
I've just realized that top 10 in the city on my list r guardsmen players. I guess, best like to play for GM. Definitely they have best coaching in the city there, and it shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Forgot Sham (bell) - my bad.
Definitely belongs to the top city players group. I would place him somewhere in the top of Honorable Mentions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 pm

yes Alex Labranche from St.Joes should be on that list, I have not seen Ashbury play, but they seem to be very good so they must have some of the top guys, maybe even guys like Farhan Awaleh 5'9 SRB and Marial Shayok 6'0 St.Pats (only grade 9)should be on that list, Marial is playing some excellent basketball, look out for Marial he should be a very skilled individual and has many years to come
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 am

scout1 wrote:
yes Alex Labranche from St.Joes should be on that list, I have not seen Ashbury play, but they seem to be very good so they must have some of the top guys, maybe even guys like Farhan Awaleh 5'9 SRB and Marial Shayok 6'0 St.Pats (only grade 9)should be on that list, Marial is playing some excellent basketball, look out for Marial he should be a very skilled individual and has many years to come

Marial is already better than his older brother. Having his skills and hight, he will be dominating Ottawa HS basket for a few years from now on.

I have not put any grade 9 and 10 players on the list on purpose. We have almost a dozen grade 9/10 players who could make/almost make/make next yeart the top 10/30 list.

Make a new topic - juniors best players.

P.S. 1
Alex is on my list (2nd in honorable mention)

P.S.2 U right, I forgot Farhan. Seen him 2-ce this season. Not as gud as last season. Maybe this is due to the SRB coach playing him secondary to Jamal or seniors more competitive environment compering to juniors. I would place him on the second half of 20 HM players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topflight94

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am

top 15 in the city

Justin-Nepean
Mehidi-colinel by?
Nikola-SRB
Gavin-Stmatts
Sean-Sacred
Sham-Bell
Johnny-LBP
Ryan-EOM
Jean- Ashbury
Claudio- Notre dame
Matt-Ashbury
Christian-Stpats
Vik-Sacred
Jamal-SRB
AJ-Fraco-west
Mariel-st pats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ottawaball

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:46 pm

how in the world are you guys forgetting probably the best basektball player in the city. Christian Kondo was an elite player last year and this year he is the best guard without a guard. Also, many people are writting that Vikas frm SH is in the top 4 players list. Belive me I have seen him play, he just does not have the strenth and speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Vikas is a very hard-working, skilled and smart players, but like u said, he isnt the most physically gifted guy, so wen he goes against guys stronger, and faster than him, he could get shut down, also christian is not the best guard in the city, that's prolly sean stoqua
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In Higschool   Today at 5:15 am

Back to top Go down

Top Players In Higschool
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next