HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Leagle Beagle 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
And 1

PostSubject: Leagle Beagle 2011    Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

This looks to be a very interesting weekend of basketball with alot of top teams competing. so far what i have seen is 4 teams that are on a level by themselves South,Palmer, Fox, College. Dont know enough about Kelowna at this point but think Kelowna vs College may be the game of the day for Friday.

predicting College vs Fox final

should be fun

what are your thoughts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

No one knows very much about Kelowna because they've had 2 tournaments outside of BC so far; The REB and the BOthel Invitational. I do agree with you that south, palmer, fox and vc have all shown why they are top 4, but it isn't fair to put Kelowna out of that conversation yet. In my opinion, I think maybe 2 or 3 people in the forum have seen them play this year.
We will all see how good they really are come Thursday night when them and VC showoff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigbang604

PostSubject: wooah .   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 pm

And 1 wrote:
This looks to be a very interesting weekend of basketball with alot of top teams competing. so far what i have seen is 4 teams that are on a level by themselves South,Palmer, Fox, College. Dont know enough about Kelowna at this point but think Kelowna vs College may be the game of the day for Friday.

should be fun

what are your thoughts

you REALLY believe that COLLEGE will make it to the finals...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:45 pm

bigbang604 wrote:
And 1 wrote:

should be fun

what are your thoughts

you REALLY believe that COLLEGE will make it to the finals...?

I think College is very strong defensively. There full court pressure is the best ive seen this year to this point.the fact that they got a late start because of football makes me think they still have room to improve. Very deep can pressure the whole game. im curious who you think will make the final. after all that pumping of College i think Fox will take the weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

It's too bad VC and Kelowna face off in the opening round. this should probably have been a semi-final game. I have not seen the complete draw, but it looks like this side of the draw might be tough to win. VC would play Kits-ranked 9th in the second round and then ??? maybe South. So if VC goes all the way they play 5th, 9th, 1st or 2nd and then have a finals to prepare for. I hope they have a deep bench. I have not seen them play this year. The second or third best team at the tournie might loose in the first round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Does anyone know if the tournament will be webcast?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FromThree

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm

unregistered user wrote:
Does anyone know if the tournament will be webcast?

Looking on the SportsCanada website - http://sportscanada.tv/ - it appears that under the "Jan 8 HS" tab that the 3rd/4th (6 PM) and the 1st/2nd (7:45 PM) games will be webcast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

Just checked out the tournie scores, South by 1 over Tupper and Kelowna over VC by 36. A couple of surprises. Did anyone see the games? The rankings have Kelowna at a record of 9-3, if they pummelled VC who beat them? I know they beat up South Kam in an early season tournie so probably not OK teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:22 am

hoopster wrote:
Just checked out the tournie scores, South by 1 over Tupper and Kelowna over VC by 36. A couple of surprises. Did anyone see the games? The rankings have Kelowna at a record of 9-3, if they pummelled VC who beat them? I know they beat up South Kam in an early season tournie so probably not OK teams.

watched all the games:

Kelowna vs college - College missing 2 players konor being one but Kelowna was very impressive. Probably the best team i have seen this year . Played zone all game and College without any size just couldnt go inside. college has alot of the same type players with no one that can shoot the lights out. Game was never close and Kelowna dominated in every area

WRCA vs Geleneagle - both teams not at the level of the rest. Gleneagle won but WRCA made it close

South vs Tupper - south started quick with a few turnovers. alot of South's poinbts were on turn overs. Tupper is a very scrappy team and kept fighting back. missed a foul shot with 3 seconds left as South won by a point. tupper deserved a better fate

Looking forward to South vs Kelowna . I think we could see a new # 1 after this game as South has their work in front of them

FOX vs Gleneagle - Will be a blow out and then tonight Fox vs palmer another great game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:47 am

hoopster wrote:
Kelowna hasn't lost to any Canadian teams yet. They've lost to a top 10 4a team from Texas and a top 10 4a team from washinton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Is there a tournament website that has full game stats?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Trey wrote:
Is there a tournament website that has full game stats?

FOX beat GLEANEAGLE by 30

KELOWNA beat KITS by 20 ( Kelownas star guard hurt back sat the 2nd half looks unlikely to play later today )

Semi Final

6:45 PALMER #2 vs FOX # 3

8:30 SOUTH # 1 vs KELOWNA # 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:00 am

Palmer 81 Terry Fox 62
- Vijay Dhillon 31 points(8 three-pointers), 8 rebounds
- Ranjodh Hare 15 points, 12 rebounds
- Billy Cheng 12 points, 10 assists
- Mike Zayas 12 points, 4 assists

- Ryan Sclater 24 points
- Scott Hind 11 points

Kelowna 72 Bby South 57
- Kelowna has been very impressive in this tournament as Braxton has been cleaning up the glass and they are very deep with balanced scoring. Also it should be noted that they have been playing without Mitch as he is injured. It will be a very tough match-up for us tomorrow.
If you can't make it out check out all the action on www.sportscanada.tv, tip-off is at 7:15pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am

ebe wrote:
Palmer 81 Terry Fox 62

- Ryan Sclater 24 points
- Scott Hind 11 points

Kelowna 72 Bby South 57
- Kelowna has been very impressive in this tournament as Braxton has been cleaning up the glass and they are very deep with balanced scoring. Also it should be noted that they have been playing without Mitch as he is injured. It will be a very tough match-up for us tomorrow.
If you can't make it out check out all the action on www.sportscanada.tv, tip-off is at 7:15pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 am

And 1 wrote:
ebe wrote:
Palmer 81 Terry Fox 62

- Ryan Sclater 24 points
- Scott Hind 11 points

Kelowna 72 Bby South 57

Really impressive wins by both Palmer and kelowna.

Palmer down early to Fox but kept their composure to take contol in the second half . Fox played most of the second half without Macdonald ( concussion ) but dont think it would have made any difference.

Kelowna is very deep as they controlled the game against South and thats without Goodwin ( back ) Great team defence . Obviously well matched. I assume winner will be # 1 after tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:46 am

Palmer defeats Kelowna by 7 (I believe) in the Leagle Beagal tournament.
Not sure of the all stars but Vijay Dhillon got mvp and Braxtson Bunce got the defensive player award.
Ebe, when you come on to update i have a few questions i hope you can answer

Your team shoots a lot of 3's, runs the floor really well and is really small for the past 2 years. Have you ever faced an opponent smaller or a team that is faster and shoots more 3's than your team? It's very interesting to watch a high tempo game especially when both teams love to press, run the floor and shoot 3's.

Also, can you update with the all-stars etc! Thanks, much appreciated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:52 am

coachescorner wrote:
Palmer defeats Kelowna by 7 (I believe) in the Leagle Beagal tournament.
Not sure of the all stars but Vijay Dhillon got mvp and Braxtson Bunce got the defensive player award.
Ebe, when you come on to update i have a few questions i hope you can answer

Your team shoots a lot of 3's, runs the floor really well and is really small for the past 2 years. Have you ever faced an opponent smaller or a team that is faster and shoots more 3's than your team? It's very interesting to watch a high tempo game especially when both teams love to press, run the floor and shoot 3's.

Also, can you update with the all-stars etc! Thanks, much appreciated

Congrats to Palmer...Very impressive weekend of basketball..enjoy your # 1 ranking as it is well deserved and congrats to Kelowna great tournament and look forward to watching you at the Provincials in March
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leagle Beagle 2011    Today at 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Leagle Beagle 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1