HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Boys and Girls Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Here are my new boys rankings for this week...

1 – Sugarloaf (1) - No change here

2 – Devon Park (2) - Or here

3 – McAdam (4) - Big win in home tourny jumps them to top 3

4 – Harvey (3) - Loss to McAdam drops them down 1

5 – CNBA (5) - Avenges their loss to JMA albeit against a split squad

6 – Dalhousie (7) - Couple wins against teams they need to beat

7 – JMA (6) - Interesting decision to split the team this late in the year; still beat Petty but lose to Cal and CNBA

8 – Caledonia (8.) - Win over JMA but only split squd... 2 close teams

9 – Campobello (9/10) - Big win over GM this week should clinch 3rd in South for them

10 - Grand Manan (9/10) - Showed they were close to Campo but the loss broke the tie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:
Here are my new boys rankings for this week...

1 – Sugarloaf (1) - No change here

2 – Devon Park (2) - Or here

3 – McAdam (4) - Big win in home tourny jumps them to top 3

4 – Harvey (3) - Loss to McAdam drops them down 1

5 – CNBA (5) - Avenges their loss to JMA albeit against a split squad

6 – Dalhousie (7) - Couple wins against teams they need to beat

7 – JMA (6) - Interesting decision to split the team this late in the year; still beat Petty but lose to Cal and CNBA

8 – Caledonia (8.) - Win over JMA but only split squd... 2 close teams

9 – Campobello (9/10) - Big win over GM this week should clinch 3rd in South for them

10 - Grand Manan (9/10) - Showed they were close to Campo but the loss broke the tie

Not one complaint here, very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
This weeks AA Girls rankings are here.

Agree with these for the most part. I think Harvey should be up ahead of SV and Cal. They are either 4 or 5. They have play RNS and GM close and have improved alot lately. Not sure about JMA... heard they barely beat SV and then lost bad to them. Don't know who would fit in ahead of them though.

Not sure what? That we would be 10th? I thought there might be disagreement, I can honestly say I didn't think it would be on that.....lol.

Yes... I did not know if they were worthy of being in the top 10 but I could not think of any other teams so I guess it is fine. I have not seen your team play but have heard that you play great defence but struggle offensively. You seem to be up and down alot this year. I saw your score against Petty in GM and then you league games seem close same thing against SV.

Defensively we are getting pretty close to where we need to be, at least with the first 7 players. A couple more will be ready by regionals.

Offensively, we are not there yet but took some positive steps this weekend.

You can't really go by the point spreads. I am carrying 17 players, some have never dribbled prior to this year. When possible, I try and get all 17 in, even if it is only 2 minutes for some. There aren't many feelings as good as one of your rookies heaving up a three at the buzzer and it goes in for her first ever point playing basketball. The other team must have thought we had just won a provincial championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Coachmac wrote:
Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:

Agree with these for the most part. I think Harvey should be up ahead of SV and Cal. They are either 4 or 5. They have play RNS and GM close and have improved alot lately. Not sure about JMA... heard they barely beat SV and then lost bad to them. Don't know who would fit in ahead of them though.

Not sure what? That we would be 10th? I thought there might be disagreement, I can honestly say I didn't think it would be on that.....lol.

Yes... I did not know if they were worthy of being in the top 10 but I could not think of any other teams so I guess it is fine. I have not seen your team play but have heard that you play great defence but struggle offensively. You seem to be up and down alot this year. I saw your score against Petty in GM and then you league games seem close same thing against SV.

Defensively we are getting pretty close to where we need to be, at least with the first 7 players. A couple more will be ready by regionals.

You can't really go by the point spreads. I am carrying 17 players, some have never dribbled prior to this year. When possible, I try and get all 17 in, even if it is only 2 minutes for some. There aren't many feelings as good as one of your rookies heaving up a three at the buzzer and it goes in for her first ever point playing basketball. The other team must have thought we had just won a provincial championship.

Fair enough... I will reserve any future judgement until I see you play. I hear you are in Hampton in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 pm

I heard the RNS game jma played was also a close game? correct me if I am wrong ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm

EastSide wrote:
I heard the RNS game jma played was also a close game? correct me if I am wrong ...

I believe we were leading going into the 4th or close to it.
Back to top Go down
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Defensewinsgames wrote:
Coachmac wrote:

Fair enough... I will reserve any future judgement until I see you play. I hear you are in Hampton in a couple weeks.

Yes, first weekend in February. Hopefully you can make it out.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 pm

RNS over GM girls by 30 . . . yikes.

Last edited by CoachDJR on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
RNS over GM by 30 . . . yikes.

Shocking turn of events. Kobe must be playing for RNS now. But in all seriousness, lack of defense must have been a problem as I heard GM was in a bit of foul trouble early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:12 pm

I heard that foul trouble was an issue for GM but scoring was the biggest issue - RNS defence buckled down.
Also heard that the GM fans were all over the officials (which too be honest one was 15 minutes late but with such a big game the coaches wiating for the official to arrive). RNS fans also were not overly pleased.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am

So if RNS beats Harvey, that puts them in #1 in the south? If that is the case, both Harvey and GM will want the #2 spot so they don't have to play SV in regionals. Then the funm begins at regionals as all teams will be gunning for the #2 & #4 spots so they don't have to travel to TV the next weekend....that is if TV wins!!

Prediction- GM vs TV at Harbour Station
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 am

Yes if RNS beats Harvey twice and MHS to close out the season they wiull finish first.
Celtic - you have your match-up wrong: neither team wants to be #2 (and #4) in the South as that will put them in the same bracket as TV in regionals(#1/#3 in Host vs. #2/#4 in Guest). Coming out of Regionals you want to either win Regionals (over TV) or place in 2nd or 4th to not see them until Harbour Station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 am

20yearcoach wrote:
Yes if RNS beats Harvey twice and MHS to close out the season they wiull finish first.
Celtic - you have your match-up wrong: neither team wants to be #2 (and #4) in the South as that will put them in the same bracket as TV in regionals(#1/#3 in Host vs. #2/#4 in Guest). Coming out of Regionals you want to either win Regionals (over TV) or place in 2nd or 4th to not see them until Harbour Station.

20 yr...you are wrong.....It makes no difference what they rank in the SOUTH as all top 4 teams in the SOUTH go to the #1 in the west to play regionals and the top 4 advance to the next weekend with #2 and #4 going to tyhe other side. All i was saying is that #3 in the south will probably match up against #2 in the west...SV which could be a more difficult game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 am

If you finish third in the south you have a tough first round game (vs. SV), but an easier second game (not TV). Win both and you are guaranteed to go to a different sectional than TV.
If you finish 2nd in the south you have an easy first round game, but have to play TV in the semis. Presuming you lose that game, you are in the 3rd place game which neither team really wants to win (and likely face TV in sectionals before Harbour Station).
You can make a case for either seed, but I would rather be 2 heading into regionals to give you a much better chance to make it to the next weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Is there anyone in the north east that will factor in at sectionals ?? The south west could get interesting with SV playing either GM or Harvey in the first match up . My prediction is TV and RNS in the first second game and GM vs. SV in the 3rd 4th game . In the north east Caladonia and Stanley in the 1st sesond place game and JMA Dalhousie in the 3rd 4th . Sectional's TV , GM , Stanley and JMA .Other side RNS ,Caledonia , SV and Dalhousie . TV and RNS at Harbour . I am only picking RNS in the regional because if they finish first in the south the will avoid TV in the first cross over game at regionals . The major question will be who will try to win that 3rd 4th game as 3rd probably will have to head to TV for sectionals !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 pm

pg7 wrote:
If you finish third in the south you have a tough first round game (vs. SV), but an easier second game (not TV). Win both and you are guaranteed to go to a different sectional than TV.
If you finish 2nd in the south you have an easy first round game, but have to play TV in the semis. Presuming you lose that game, you are in the 3rd place game which neither team really wants to win (and likely face TV in sectionals before Harbour Station).
You can make a case for either seed, but I would rather be 2 heading into regionals to give you a much better chance to make it to the next weekend.

Point well made!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 pm

I agree, that all schools will do whatever they can to avoid Tobique as long as possible. But at some point you will need to go through them.

Will teams actually lose on purpose though???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:17 pm

AA Fan wrote:
Is there anyone in the north east that will factor in at sectionals ?? The south west could get interesting with SV playing either GM or Harvey in the first match up . My prediction is TV and RNS in the first second game and GM vs. SV in the 3rd 4th game . In the north east Caladonia and Stanley in the 1st sesond place game and JMA Dalhousie in the 3rd 4th . Sectional's TV , GM , Stanley and JMA .Other side RNS ,Caledonia , SV and Dalhousie . TV and RNS at Harbour . I am only picking RNS in the regional because if they finish first in the south the will avoid TV in the first cross over game at regionals . The major question will be who will try to win that 3rd 4th game as 3rd probably will have to head to TV for sectionals !!!

PG mada a very valid point in regards to #2 and #3 in the south. It will be interesting to see how "Veysey" and "Dave" with their numerous years experience play this one out. That Rns win was huge as it put GM in a bad spot....Everyone wants to avoid TV but only 2 teams can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:19 pm

baller24 wrote:
I agree, that all schools will do whatever they can to avoid Tobique as long as possible. But at some point you will need to go through them.

Will teams actually lose on purpose though???

Hehe....Harbour is only 1 game and anything can happen in 1 game. The object is to get there...I'm sure there may be some responses on this one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:52 pm

I honestly think you are better off meeting TVHS in a high school gym rather than Harbour Station. There game is about layups and rebounding, both ofwhich are not heavily effected by the court and its environment. Also TVHS has experience on the big floor in the big show, again I believe Harbour Station is their advantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:09 pm

pastprimetime wrote:
I honestly think you are better off meeting TVHS in a high school gym rather than Harbour Station. There game is about layups and rebounding, both ofwhich are not heavily effected by the court and its environment. Also TVHS has experience on the big floor in the big show, again I believe Harbour Station is their advantage.

No doubt, Harbour is to their advantage but anything can happen. Goodine might do her ankle in the weekend before....hope she doesn't but anything like that could happen. I remember a couple years ago when Hartland had that great team....nobody could come close until one of the twins broke her collar bone. They had enough depth to take the title but it was a much harder path. TV doesn't have that depth.

I would rather see them at Harbour!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Petticodiac   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Petty should be talked about in the equation for the Northeast as they are undefeated and play Caledonia again in their own gym...They beat them in Caledonia by 10...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

well everyone. I have been reading some scores and other information from NB high school basketball and have noticed that Devon Park has a girl playing on their boys team. Not just that, but she is among their leading scorers most games and is obviously a great player.
My question would be , as logic dictates that she could very well be selected to the AA Boys All Star team. If so would she play in the boys game or the girls game ? It would certainly be a newsworthy event , if a female player was to play in the Male High School All Star game. The results , to date seem to indicate that see deserves All Star recognition in AA , but will she get it ?
I look forward to hearing everyone thoughts on this . It will certaimly be a refreshing change from how good CNBA is :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Your right Petty should be in the mix. They have kinda flew under the radar this year . There record indicates that they will be one of the teams in the north east to beat . With that said I still think the top 3 teams are from the south west . TV , GM and RNS .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:49 pm

AA Fan wrote:

I have seen both Harvey and SV play and believe that Harvey has a much better team. If Harvey is to play SV I think they come out on top. Coming from the SW will be TV, RNS, GM and Harvey.

I do not know too much about the NE but I was just looking at the standings and your predictions from the NE are impossible. JMA can only finish 3rd which means the play Dal or Stanley first round so all 3 teams cannot advance to sectionals. Coming from here will be Cal, Petty, JMA and Stanley.

Sectional 1 @ TV: TV beats Stanley; GM beats Petty; TV beats GM
Sectional 2 @ Cal: Harvey beats Cal; RNS beats JMA; RNS beats Cal
HS: TV beats RNS

That is if all teams play to win every game and not try avoiding match ups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Today at 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

AA Boys and Girls Rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next