HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Boys and Girls Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:17 pm

AA Fan wrote:
Is there anyone in the north east that will factor in at sectionals ?? The south west could get interesting with SV playing either GM or Harvey in the first match up . My prediction is TV and RNS in the first second game and GM vs. SV in the 3rd 4th game . In the north east Caladonia and Stanley in the 1st sesond place game and JMA Dalhousie in the 3rd 4th . Sectional's TV , GM , Stanley and JMA .Other side RNS ,Caledonia , SV and Dalhousie . TV and RNS at Harbour . I am only picking RNS in the regional because if they finish first in the south the will avoid TV in the first cross over game at regionals . The major question will be who will try to win that 3rd 4th game as 3rd probably will have to head to TV for sectionals !!!

Unless something radical happens, most likely JMA plays Dal in the elimination game at Regionals. One of us will be going home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:38 pm

My bad . In both the NE and SW there is a pretty good team leaving the party early . There is lots that can happen yet .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

AA Fan wrote:
My bad . In both the NE and SW there is a pretty good team leaving the party early . There is lots that can happen yet .

I love the Friday. The pressure of win or go home makes for great drama.
Back to top Go down
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Read Earlier posts?   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Guys n Gals

Dalhousie is 1 in East n Stanley 2 ..If dal wins next game they wont see JMA...be Belleisle or Bonar Law n you have them out of a regional? This talk must be East talk who know little of North...Stanley pounded Caledonia earlier in year...South is powerful and will have the final 4 ...Stanley n Dalhousie will be in a regional...Who the heck is Coach Mac? JmA coach?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:14 pm

hoopsdawg wrote:
Guys n Gals

Dalhousie is 1 in East n Stanley 2 ..If dal wins next game they wont see JMA...be Belleisle or Bonar Law n you have them out of a regional? This talk must be East talk who know little of North...Stanley pounded Caledonia earlier in year...South is powerful and will have the final 4 ...Stanley n Dalhousie will be in a regional...Who the heck is Coach Mac? JmA coach?

It was the East talking and I didn't say they would be going home. I said if they finished second they would be playing us(JMA) and one of us would be going home. It was in response to someone saying JMA, Stanley and Dal would all be playing at Sectionals, I believe. I said that wasn't possible and it isn't. Dal only beat Stanley by 7. If Stanley wins the rematch by 8+ most likely we would be playing Dal in the elimination game at Regionals. If not, we would play Stanley. That is assuming we win the rest of our own Conference games. If we don't and finish 4th, we could still end up playing Dal on the first day. I wasn't making any predictions about the strength of our team. Matter of fact, I wasn't commenting on how good any of the teams were.
Back to top Go down
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Radical   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:19 pm

I guess you got yourself in a mess with " if something radical happens" !!! What would be radical about Dal beating Stanley again or only losing by 6...Perplexing to me unless you think Stanley was missing players ? is that it ? Being a Lower Miramichi fan , I follow them pretty close...Thought we went to Dalhousie healthy ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 pm

hoopsdawg wrote:
I guess you got yourself in a mess with " if something radical happens" !!! What would be radical about Dal beating Stanley again or only losing by 6...Perplexing to me unless you think Stanley was missing players ? is that it ? Being a Lower Miramichi fan , I follow them pretty close...Thought we went to Dalhousie healthy ...

That was in reference to us, not Dal. I was referring to us not not making the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 pm

hoopsdawg wrote:

I also think Dal will beat Stanley in the rematch. I had thought Stanley had already played them earlier in the season and won by more than eight.

Last edited by Coachmac on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: JMA   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Nope...you said unless something radical happens JMA wil Play Dal in elimination game !!! You may be right cause I think we are better then Dal and will be # 1 but they did beat us so radical might not be the right word is all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Stanley   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Stanley at home and heard they played crappy up there but I guess anything is possible...anybody know when those teams play the cancelled game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 pm

hoopsdawg wrote:
Stanley at home and heard they played crappy up there but I guess anything is possible...anybody know when those teams play the cancelled game?

Stanley started the season quite strong and seem to be on a slide lately. I thought maybe they had some injuries.
Back to top Go down
thehump

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 am

hoopsdawg wrote:

Looks like the game is now going to be scheduled for Jan 31.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: AA Girls Unofficial Rankings - Week Ending Jan. 23   Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:08 pm

This weeks rankings are here.

Have at them.
Back to top Go down
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:28 pm

I have watched a lot of these girls games this year in all conferences.

There should be 2 rankings. Tobique in the first one, if they are healthy. Not even close if they want to play their studs. 40+ over everyone

The second ranking could be for the rest of the province.

You say that RNS is in the rear view mirror. Not even sure if RNS is better than GM??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm

baller24 wrote:
I have watched a lot of these girls games this year in all conferences.

There should be 2 rankings. Tobique in the first one, if they are healthy. Not even close if they want to play their studs. 40+ over everyone

The second ranking could be for the rest of the province.

You say that RNS is in the rear view mirror. Not even sure if RNS is better than GM??

They were 30 points better Thursday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 am

It has been a while with the exam week but there has been a little movement lately with some big wins. Here is my new top 10 for the boys.

1 – Sugarloaf (1) - No change here even with the loss to Bathurst

2 – Devon Park (2) - Or here; few wins of league opponents.

3 – Harvey (4) - Big win over McAdam on the weekendmakes them jump to 3rd.

4 – McAdam (3) - Loss to Harvey drops them 1 spot even though they beat Harvey in their tournament.

5 – CNBA (5) - Only loss to teams above them... close with Dal

6 – Dalhousie (6) - Probably interchangable with CNBA but the this is the order IMO

7 – Caledonia (8.) - Loss to Belleilse but still stays on top of east meaning easier road in the playoffs therefore higher rank.

8 – Campobello (9) - Only moving up because JMA dropped

9 – Belleisle (NR) - Big wins over Cal and JMA has moved them into 2nd in the east... still think they get beat 1st round

10 - JMA (7) - Have not shown much since their big wins against CNBA and Cal in Rexton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

As for the girls...

1. TV (1) - Goes without saying

2. RNS (2) - Looks like they are the number one contender with recent wins over GM and Harvey

3. GM (3) - Bad loss to RNS knocked them out of first

4. Petty (5) - Undefeated in league play but not many results otherwise... they play in Hampton this weekend. Big game with Cal coming up if I am not mistaken.

5. Harvey (7) - Loses to GM and RNS mean they will likely finish 3rd in a strong South division.

6. Caledonia (4) - Only loss to Petty in league play

7. SV (6) - 2nd in the West behind TV

8. Dalhousie (8.) - 2 big wins against Stanley has them in 1st in the North

9. Stanley (9) - started the year strong but struggling lately... dropped to 2nd

10 JMA (10) - Good results lately in league play, they are in the hampton tournament this weekend... hope to see you then Coachmac

I have not seen as many girls games as I have the boys so this is based on what I have seen (all these teams except the NE region) and results posted to different sites as well as Coachmac's recent rankings (in brackets)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:
As for the girls...

1. TV (1) - Goes without saying

2. RNS (2) - Looks like they are the number one contender with recent wins over GM and Harvey

3. GM (3) - Bad loss to RNS knocked them out of first

4. Petty (5) - Undefeated in league play but not many results otherwise... they play in Hampton this weekend. Big game with Cal coming up if I am not mistaken.

5. Harvey (7) - Loses to GM and RNS mean they will likely finish 3rd in a strong South division.

6. Caledonia (4) - Only loss to Petty in league play

7. SV (6) - 2nd in the West behind TV

8. Dalhousie (8.) - 2 big wins against Stanley has them in 1st in the North

9. Stanley (9) - started the year strong but struggling lately... dropped to 2nd

10 JMA (10) - Good results lately in league play, they are in the hampton tournament this weekend... hope to see you then Coachmac

I have not seen as many girls games as I have the boys so this is based on what I have seen (all these teams except the NE region) and results posted to different sites as well as Coachmac's recent rankings (in brackets)

Caledonia over Petty by about 20. Brooke Perry didn't play so it would have been a lot closer.

Stop by and say hello in Hampton this weekend, Defense.
Back to top Go down
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Petty   Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:58 am

Guess Brooke must be injured or sick as that was big game to give up when all they needed to do was lose by 9 to host? Pressure on the ball too much for Petty to handle and could of even been more lopsided...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm

hoopsdawg wrote:
Guess Brooke must be injured or sick as that was big game to give up when all they needed to do was lose by 9 to host? Pressure on the ball too much for Petty to handle and could of even been more lopsided...

If Brooke was injured or sick, she must not have been very bad as she was in the Hampton tournament this weekend and played VERY well. IMO one of the best in the tourney. I also heard rumors from parents in the gym that Petty's regular coach was not there this weekend and that one of the player's father was coaching?

Best game of the tourney was Friday night as Hampton beat JMA in a very tight game that went into overtime as JMA tied it up on a buzzer beater. Nice looking team Coachmac... too bad that we could not see your full team (even though it probably would have meant a Hampton loss) and good luck to your injured player... I hope she recovers quickly. JMA played their hearts out and left everything on the floor; especially number 5 and 7, both took many blows and kept oming back. Definately worthy of a top 10 spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:
hoopsdawg wrote:

If Brooke was injured or sick, she must not have been very bad as she was in the Hampton tournament this weekend and played VERY well. IMO one of the best in the tourney. I also heard rumors from parents in the gym that Petty's regular coach was not there this weekend and that one of the player's father was coaching?

Best game of the tourney was Friday night as Hampton beat JMA in a very tight game that went into overtime as JMA tied it up on a buzzer beater. Nice looking team Coachmac... too bad that we could not see your full team (even though it probably would have meant a Hampton loss) and good luck to your injured player... I hope she recovers quickly. JMA played their hearts out and left everything on the floor; especially number 5 and 7, both took many blows and kept oming back. Definately worthy of a top 10 spot.

Thank you, for the kind words. She walked into the gym this morning, without crutches. Still very tender but she is determined to play at regionals. I am cautiously optimistic.
Back to top Go down
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 pm

All reports from Victoria County say that Goodine is healthy.

So I guess everyone else is playing off/jockeying who can get to Harbour Station to play them.

Someone is going to have to shoot the lights out and hope Tobique has their worst game of the season, but you never know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Boys and Girls Rankings   Today at 8:03 pm

Back to top Go down

AA Boys and Girls Rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4