HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

most improved AA boys.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celts4

PostSubject: most improved AA boys.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 pm

most improved from the beginning of the season until now. i think JMA is pretty deserving of this, what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:37 pm

any other nominees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Canterbury seems to have improved judging by some of their scores, but really all yr teams have seemed to have stayed pretty neutral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 am

i agree JMA seems to be hitting there stride right now. another tough tournament this weekend coming will tell the tale if they are for real or not . i will keep you all posted during the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 am

What we should talk about is teams falling out of stride. Like Cal, McAdam and Dal.

I think CNBA should be a team whose improvement has been seen lately. They beat McAdam and Dalhousie (Who they lost to by 30 earlier in the season).

I seem a chance for Belleisle to improve, but they can't slow games to teams like Bonar Law. I seen JMA and Belleisle coming top two in the east, but is they do not remain consistent then Cal will be one, and these two teams cill be playing a tough opponent in the crossover. A chance they might not even make it out of regionals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 am

EastSide wrote:
What we should talk about is teams falling out of stride. Like Cal, McAdam and Dal.

I think CNBA should be a team whose improvement has been seen lately. They beat McAdam and Dalhousie (Who they lost to by 30 earlier in the season).

I seem a chance for Belleisle to improve, but they can't slow games to teams like Bonar Law. I seen JMA and Belleisle coming top two in the east, but is they do not remain consistent then Cal will be one, and these two teams cill be playing a tough opponent in the crossover. A chance they might not even make it out of regionals.

Whoever finishes second in the east will still have a tough first round game. As things are looking CNBA will finish 3rd in the North as Dal has the tie breaker between them and I don't see either team getting beat by someone otehr that Sugarloaf.

My North East prediction

N1 Sugarloaf vs E4 Petty (Sugarloaf)
N2 Dal vs E3 Belleisle (Dal)
N3 CNBA vs E2 Cal (CNBA)
N4 Stanley vs E1 JMA (JMA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 am

Im not sure if DAL can hold second.
And JMA Cal are seated right in your senario but unsure if NBIAA will do that considering thier head to head record.

Who actually seats? (NBIAA) and what are the determining factors in the final seatings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am

If I am JMA, right now with the record being the way it is, and not going to be able to come first I think I would want to drop to third to play Dal instead of CNBA. They beat CNBA by two, but I think that would be to close for comfort. We could potentially see belleisle, who as it stand now coming in third sneak by Dal in regionals. Dal IMO is dropping off slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Dal is slipping for sure, can they hold second? (Do they play CNBA again?) And I think I may need to get to Cal this weekend for that tournement! Gonna be good ball for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 pm

bballnb wrote:
And JMA Cal are seated right in your senario but unsure if NBIAA will do that considering thier head to head record.

Who actually seats? (NBIAA) and what are the determining factors in the final seatings?
Please....it's seeding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Cal tournament   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Here is the first day schedule for the January 14th and 15th tournament in Cal
Friday
1:00pm _____________ JMA vs CAL
4:00pm______________CNBA vs Mathieu Martin
5:45pm______________Petti vs JMA
7:17pm______________Fredericton vs CNBA
9:00pm______________Cal vs Petti

Saturday
9:00am______________Fredericton vs Mathieu Martin
10:45am_____________Semifinal #1
12:30pm_____________Semifinal #2
2:15pm______________5th place game
4:00pm______________3rd place game
5:45pm______________Championship Game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:07 pm

bballnb wrote:
Dal is slipping for sure, can they hold second? (Do they play CNBA again?) And I think I may need to get to Cal this weekend for that tournement! Gonna be good ball for sure!
Holy crap boys, they lost one game for goodness sake. You guys are talking like we should call the family.

Dal holds the tie break so for CNBA to pass Dal and go into 2nd place either 1. CNBA has to win all its remaining league games. Since one of them is against Sugarloaf I really don't see that happening. or 2. Dal has to lose one of its remaining league games. They play Stanley, Blackville, ECB and NSER. Anything is possible but I really don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm

bballnb wrote:

All seeds for regionals are done based on records in league games only. EXh games, tournament games etc: DO NOT COUNT. Just the league games. Each school in the league plays the other twice (home and away). The league commish keeps track of the scores and results, but there is no "ranking" its simply standings done by results.

Standings in the league are done by best record. If two teams have the same record the tie break works as follows:
- Head to Head record.
-Of the head to head is split, the point difference in the head to head.
- If the head to head is split and the point difference in the same then it comes best scoring ratio in league games (points for divided by points against)

Each league will send their top 4 to regional play downs. The Top four out of regionals (ranked based on finish at the tournament) go to scetionals/provincials. Winner of each provincial section meet at Harbour Station.

In the case of the North, assuming CNBA, Sugarloaf, and Dalhousie all beat who they were supposed to below them, then the only way CNBA can pass Dalhousie is to beat Sugarloaf. If they each lost to Sugarloaf twice and split 1-1 with each other and league and win out the rest, then they would have the same record. IN the tie break Dalhousie wins because they beat CNBA by more in their win than CNBA did in theirs.

Clear as mud???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Let's be realistic, Dalhousie will be 2nd, CNBA 3rd, unless miracles happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey thanks! that is the best explanation I have ever gotten on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most improved AA boys.   Today at 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down

most improved AA boys.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1