HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

foothills senior boys team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ballin101

PostSubject: foothills senior boys team   Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 pm

foothills are ranked as honorable mentions do you think they desereve that or better?
i personally think they started off slow but are starting to play better as a team and Ray Goff is starting to play his role as a centre also Anand and the rest of there starters are stepping up Ryan, Landon, Scott Sparrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westwind Bball

PostSubject: saw at sugar bowl    Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:04 pm

their guards played pretty tough when they came down here but they seemed to struggle aginst teams that wanted to run more and didn't have a answere for verstile post players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:35 pm

they aren't even HM material. They looked terrible and #13(Anand) needs to play with his team. His dad tries to coach him from the stands. I watched them down by 25 to LCI and he was yelling at his kid that there was no time to pass.... Coach sat him and they made a run. The kid plays for himself; wears his own ipod in warmups and is a terrible passer. He can shoot when he is wide open and carries the ball every dribble. Coach needs to bring this kid in to play as a team and then they will be an HM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guccimane

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:22 am

treyfactor wrote:
they aren't even HM material. They looked terrible and #13(Anand) needs to play with his team. His dad tries to coach him from the stands. I watched them down by 25 to LCI and he was yelling at his kid that there was no time to pass.... Coach sat him and they made a run. The kid plays for himself; wears his own ipod in warmups and is a terrible passer. He can shoot when he is wide open and carries the ball every dribble. Coach needs to bring this kid in to play as a team and then they will be an HM.

okeeeeeee there buddy he is clearly the team, foothills is honored to have a player of his caliber come from Vancouver and boost this team in every way possible. The real problem with this team is, ryan derochie. He thinks he is the teams hero, he needs to pass the ball to anand more often and shoot less. As for his father, he was BCs provincial team all star point guard so i think he knows what he's talking about. HATERS = MOTIVATORS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 am

I would have to say that I agree with Trey and they aren't even HM material at this point. As far as coaching from the stands, if I was the coach, I would sit the kid and tell him he's not playing again until his old man shuts the hell up. It's things like that that will absolutely destroy a team.

Now, why don't we talk about some of the top teams in the province instead of the mediocre ones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: freaking halarious   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Funny how you post a new thread asking about him but you give us the whole resume on him here. Either you are dad or the kid. Doesn't matter... he does have game but he is NOT the team! he is one member who has the ugliest shoes I ever seen and doesn't even fit in with the team. He shoots too much; throws the ball away and is soooooo cocky that he yells at his team mates. #13 is NOT a team player obviously guccimane if you come here and say hes the team.
The centre- I think #22 or 21 is the key to this team if he can stay on the floor.

Don't think I don't think Amand is a good player and it really doesn't matter who or what his dad did. Let the coach coach.!!! If that dad is going to yell "don't pass there isn't enough time......" you tell me that is ok?
Congrats to the Foothills coach for sitting him. Best move of the game
Just take your ipod off; quit pointing fingers and yelling at people and tell dad to chill.

Guccimane.. you are just posing to get attention on this player well I give him props; but Foothills lost 2 straight in Sugar bowl and were awful.... you do the math.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballin101

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Trey i am not picking any sides i just really think 13# has some talent, and if you watched the sugar bowl you would of seen them only loosing to 5 by cardston who are a ranked team and #13 hit like 4 threes in the 4th quarter, they shouldve beat cardston and of course one player cannot carry a team but if you do look at the team stats he is leading in assists... cant be that bad of a passer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AznBalla8

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:17 pm

what school in vancouver did #13 transfer from. I used to live there just curious?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Anand used to go to Kitsilano high school in vancouver. He is a great shooter!
Back to top Go down
bcballa13

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:00 am

The kid has a shot, thats for sure. I dont see anything wrong with wearing your own ipod during warm up, different players do different things to get themselves motivated. However, i thinks it's fair to say that what his dad was yelling was innapropriate. Lets cut the kid some slack tho; its hard to come onto a team and gel immediately. Once this all star cliber player (anand) feels at home with his fellow team mates, this team will go far and anand will be able to show his true talent along with quieting the haters out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Has Anand been with the team all season? We played them at the Shep Totem and I do not recall any great shooter. Is he blond haired?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clean_Balls

PostSubject: They Lost to chestemere    Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:12 am

fotthills arent really that good...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:54 pm

They actually are quite good. The first time they played Chestermere they had only two practices and then they played Chestermere in their home tournament and best them by 40. Foothills is definitely a team to keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 pm

HM is a stretch; best of mediocre teams and South Central zone needed a presence in the rankings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am

guccimane wrote:
treyfactor wrote:

okeeeeeee there buddy he is clearly the team, foothills is honored to have a player of his caliber come from Vancouver and boost this team in every way possible. The real problem with this team is, ryan derochie. He thinks he is the teams hero, he needs to pass the ball to anand more often and shoot less. As for his father, he was BCs provincial team all star point guard so i think he knows what he's talking about. HATERS = MOTIVATORS

I am from BC and I don't recall Anand playing for team BC. I think he played for 3D Elite which is a BC club team in Vancouver. He may have attended Team BC Supercamp, but the Supercamp preceding tryouts is open to anyone from BC. If he was there he did not stand out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: foothills senior boys team   Today at 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

foothills senior boys team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1