HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delta-bball

PostSubject: what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year    Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 pm

and what schools will they be going to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year    Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 am

The way Howard fawns over Bret Mcdonald(could it be because of his dad?)... Maybe it's just me but i think this years class is much weaker than last years. I think Nakai Luyken would be at the top of my list of players maybe playing D1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops-9

PostSubject: Re: what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year    Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 am

TightD: I would have to agree about the comparison of 2010 and 2011.

Only one that comes to mind is David Wagner, just because he has the size (and I'm not saying he's good just because of his size, I'm saying the size will give him an edge) Gonzaga perhaps?? (OLYNYK + WAGNER = SOUTH KAM REUNION?? Razz)

Comparing to others vying for D1 Spots:
Billy Cheng, Ater Degal, Malcolm Williams, Zach Usherwood - probably not quick/athletic enough for their height.
Nakai Luyken - fairly athletic, not overly skilled
Daniel Edwards, Ranjodh Hare - athletic and great rebounders, but probably too small to play the same role in the NCAA

Bret MacDonald is not NCAA material but you can't deny that he is a great player. Watching Fox play against Centennial tonight without him (who they only beat by 13 or so) - Fox is a totally different team and doesn't even look half of what they did in recent contests (ie. the Beagle).

As for schools Gonzaga seems to be a popular choice among Canadians. Other than that, schools on the west coast are probably of interest (ie. Washington U, Cal, Oregon, etc.). And if you look at a few of last year's BC NCAA commits - Emerson Murray: Cal, Riley Barker: Portland - you will see they chose west coast schools as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year    Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Wagner could play D1. Malcom, ater, and nakai are players who could maybe play at a mid to low level D1 school

Jordan Blackman as well because of his height and athletic ability. Other than that I'm not to sure of anyone that comes to mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year    Today at 3:50 am

Back to top Go down

what grade 12's have the best chances of playing ncaa next year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1