HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 am

coach fabio wrote:
What about Andrew and Stefan?

I haven't checked abt them but checked on the main players. If they are your starters or difference maker, yes, you got a point otherwise, i dont know what to make out. Because without disrespect to any of kits players, I have no knowledge of each players strength and weakness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 pm

I agree based on what I heard Kits did not deserve to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:52 pm

What about this:

1. Vancouver College
2. White Rock Chrristian Acadamy
3. Wj Mouat
4. Kitsilano
5. Churchill
6. SMUS
7. Burnaby South
8. Kelowna
9. Lord Tweedsmuir
10. Walnut Grove

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm

I think you have to put Pitt in front of Mouat at #3 based on their win this past weekend on the North Shore. Pitt goes to #3. How many games has VC lost? I think the only undefeated team is white rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 pm

You are right about Pitt I completly forget about when making the ranking. As for Vc they have lost but they have won many, as for WRCA may be undefeated but have rarely played ranked teams.

1. Vancouver College
2. White Rock Chrristian Acadamy
3. Kitsilano
4. Pitt Meadows
5. Wj Mouat
6. Churchill
7. SMUS
8. Burnaby South
9. Kelowna
10. Lord Tweedsmuir
11. Walnut Grove
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 pm

I love Kits, but you can't have them #3 after such a poor performance this weekend. They should be about 8 or 9 to be right. No way, right now, they are a top 5 team (maybe in a month, just not now)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:07 am

my thoughts from latest results these rankings were done before the weekend so heres whats happened that i know about
1) bby south lost to new west by 27 points in league action
2) walnut grove lost to mouat by 2 points today in exhibition rematch next week
3) kits lost to claremont and burnett and kits had full roster
4) pitt won north shore tournament
5) white rock won rcmp with tweeds coming in 3rd the real finals was the semis between both teams tweeds lost by 3 had a chance to tie at buzzer missed the 3 to take it to overtime.

cant ignore the wins and the losses if new ranking was done today kits would drop low and so would bby south who also lost two games mouat by large margin an claremont by 8

pitt goes up an also burnett lost to mouat by 8 without their best player alban shala who went out with a wrist injury
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 am

also vc lost to kelowna in tournament final in kelowna could have been vc's worst played game of the season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am

crazy year. who is #1. Can't be VC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 am

I give up, making rankings is too hard! Karn I have a lot of respect for u for being able to make such accurate rankings. This year is wide open it seems as if anybody can beat anybody, it's crazy man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 am

After reading the many thoughts from so many involved parties, i thought its time to throw out a few of my own.

There seems to be many ideas and reason why and where a jr. team should be ranked. but the main thoughts are focused around many high profile lower mainland teams. I Smile deas and reason that are not always shared by the rest of the province. when one of the high profile teams win, there are so many reasons why they should have won and are better than the competion.
when they lose, its because they played poorly or had a bad game.
not much thought is placed on the opposition who may have played a great game and deserved to win and should be held in higher regard.

the example i wish to share revolves around the Kelowna Jr team(15-3).
proir to the season, they had been ranked HM. fair considering its the beginning of the season
S Kamloops tourney, they met a very strong Pitt Meadows team in Kamloops and did not fair well and finished third, while Pitt finished 1st.

a few weeks later they traveled to Van to compete in the Emerald tourney and beat Oak Bay in the opener, proceeded to beat Pitt and Bby South to meet a VC team that only played a couple of games to get to the finals/ VC played well and won in a convincing manner. they had a great tourney.
KSS was ranked 8th the following week.
not much thought was given to Kelowna for getting that far, yet how well the other teams placed or played and why those teams should be ranked higher.
the next week, kelowna and VC met again under a more equitable situation in the finals of the Kelowna tourney. KSS had a strong game, where up for the majority of the game and came away with the win.

however, they find themselves being dropped in the rankings without any real thought or reasons.

there is much appreciation for parties who spend time to keep everyone informed, i only ask that if there is going to be a ranking system for this level of play, find out what is happening in the rest of the province.

Give the teams credit, where credit is do.

cheers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 am

Sunnyok, well placed arguments. Good luck to your team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burnabyballer1436

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 pm

kits just beat churchill 51-46 they won it off the boards great game to have watched
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 am

Agreed it was a great game to watch. Kits lead from start to finish and were up by 10 at several points but churchill lead by mindy would always battle back. Kits had a very balanced scoring attack where as churchill relied on mindy to bail them out a bit to much. Churchill really missed nathan on the boards as Kits even though a smaller team out rebounded them. All in all a great game should be an exiting city finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justdoit

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am

Kits simply dominated all 4 quarters. Mark van Elk was solid today hitting mid range jumpers and taking it to the hole. Kits' scoring was very balanced while Mindy and Sasha were responsible for 90% of Churchill's scoring. It just goes to show, you need 5 to play. It will be an exciting game come city finals though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 am

from the past couple of posts, its clear that there is little interest to discuss the ranking system and the challenges there are, except to discuss how great the next game is. kits vs Churchill? i assume that the real interest is to boast about the high profile teams in the lower mainland.
no interest to discuss the real problems associated with these rankings. go kits go. wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 am

I wouldn't say It was exactly boasting but none the less i understand what you mean. But now on to your problem you seem to be having and I agree something is wrong with it, how tue lowermainland is getting such hype. This is only because most of the users here are from around here or the island. It's tough to know what's happening elsewhere like kelowna. However, just because they beat Pitt vc and oak bay I do not believe they deserve a very high rank. Maybe 5 or 6 because even though they beat vc, they also lost to them a week prior by 25 or so, showing inconsistency. Kelowna a great team and needs to be shown more recognition, but how much I do not know. Maybe you could let us know how kelowna teams are doing? Goodluck to your team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:55 am

If you want other teams be reconized then post some of there scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

coach fabio wrote:

How about if we want to hear about kits we'll ask. Or another option is making a topic just for kits so you can go on there and do full game reports, stats, play by play and maybe even make a shot chart telling us were they missed there shots from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 pm

[quote="bc coach"]
coach fabio wrote:

How about if we want to hear about kits we'll ask. Or another option is making a topic just for kits so you can go on there and do full game reports, stats, play by play and maybe even make a shot chart telling us were they missed there shots from.[/

Are sarcastic comments like this really neccessary? I was letting people know my thoughts on the Kits vs Churchill game isn't that what the site is for? All I was saying is that heshe should post some of the unreconized teams he speaks of scores and then we can talk about them instead of Kits vs Churchill, do you have a problem with us talking about the big name teams, not only are they big name teams they are two of the top five teams in the province shouldn't we be talking about a big game like this one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 pm

[quote="coach fabio"]
bc coach wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

How about if we want to hear about kits we'll ask. Or another option is making a topic just for kits so you can go on there and do full game reports, stats, play by play and maybe even make a shot chart telling us were they missed there shots from.[/

Are sarcastic comments like this really neccessary? I was letting people know my thoughts on the Kits vs Churchill game isn't that what the site is for? All I was saying is that heshe should post some of the unreconized teams he speaks of scores and then we can talk about them instead of Kits vs Churchill, do you have a problem with us talking about the big name teams, not only are they big name teams they are two of the top five teams in the province shouldn't we be talking about a big game like this one?

No i have a problem with kids like you who come on this website and boost there own team and try to act mature after changing there account name from offensive rebounder to coach fabio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:27 am

coach fabio wrote:
There’re only so much that you can talk about a team. It gets mundane after a while if you keep saying the same things over and over again; arguing about how one team should be ranked higher than the other. Where is the relevancy in all these? And when there’re new information about some other teams other than the big five, you’re quick in shutting them down instead of letting the conversation takes its course. You have 111 posts since December and most of them are repetition of what has already been said. Are you contributing to this site or diluting it? In a basketball term, you’re considered a ball hog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 am

[quote="bc coach"]
coach fabio wrote:
bc coach wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

No i have a problem with kids like you who come on this website and boost there own team and try to act mature after changing there account name from offensive rebounder to coach fabio.

bc coach, I made a mistake. The mistake was making an account on this site. It did no one any good and frankly it was stupid, I appoligize. I have learned form my mistake. Please take my word I have stayed off of hooplife, so please don't accuse me of being some one I am not, coach fabio. To be honest I have no clue who the infamos coach fabio is.

Coach Fabio, you should stop posting, you have made the same mistake as I, learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Ball

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 am

i find it funny that this is just the coaches arguing, your not the ones playing the game..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

coach fabio, Dont quit posting here. Yes, you tend to go overboard sometimes in defending Kits but being you who you are a kits supporter or player, we take yours as an supplement to what we know or dont know. To me, you are a borderline kits shamelss bug which is fine. Manytimes, we dont know what is going on between various teams but with your friends network, you are posting here the results of those games which is valuable. So to sum up, keep doing what you are doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2    Today at 11:00 am

Back to top Go down

Drivebasketball.com Junior rankings pt 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next