HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Yale vs Mouat Tonight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 pm

We will get our first look at Yale!

Keep posted on how game goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Mouat 56 Yale 42

Yale likes to set a lot of moving screens to free up there shooters. Did not get call on it tonight!
also they do not use there bench. played seven players two got very little time when they did get it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

BB fanatic wrote:

Mouat 56 Yale 42

Yale likes to set a lot of moving screens to free up there shooters. Did not get call on it tonight!
also they do not use there bench. played seven players two got very little time when they did get it!

Yale is a dark horse. Have you got any feedback on how mouat played against Pitt over the weekend at nsijt tourney?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I saw a little bit of the mouat vs pitt game and it looked as if it was grade 10s vs gr 9s. Mouat looked very inexperianced and struggled very much breaking a weak 2-2-1. moaut had two players that looked like they knew what they were doing (cory and trisrian) all of the others looked very scrappy and more like football players. But on the up side they are by far the tallest team in the province, not the most cooordinated but the tallest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 pm

It was a strange game! Pitt came out from the get go and full court pressed a un- expecting Mouat squad and got away with a lot of questionable physical contact. This continued throughout the first half. They managed to claw their way to a surprizing fifteen point first half lead. Mouat came out in the second half more prepared to match the physical style being played by pitt and began full court pressing them themselves. Then the referees (2 very young guys) decided to call every possible foul they could on Mouat, a complete reversal of what was being called in the first half! This backfired on Mouat as Pitt (according to Mouat's stat keeper) took 22 foul shots in the fourth quarter alone, and managed to hold on to their advantage. Mouat had 2 guys foul out and numerous players with 4 fouls. Pitts is a well coached team and will be hard to beat! I think man for man, Mouat has the better squad... but they will have to prove it at some point this year! On another note; how is it that teams like Yale and Pitts come up with these good basketball international exchange students? Pitt has two starters that are exchange students and I know yale has one and all are starters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 pm

wow. Pitt and yale gone overseas to import??? They are always ahead of everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:29 am

ESL yo represent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:53 am

i don't they imported kids from overseas I think that they just happend to move within the school areas and treid out for the bball team. Havent Yale play but Pitts exange students are nothing special they are both just hard working players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:12 pm

coach fabio wrote:
i don't they imported kids from overseas I think that they just happend to move within the school areas and treid out for the bball team. Havent Yale play but Pitts exange students are nothing special they are both just hard working players.

Yes, some move or change their address to appear they have moved! But as for hard working players I have to beg to differ! Number Eight on pitts I believe is one of their exchange students (correct me if I me wrong) but he is arguably their best player. Now some will say Jordan is. He is definitely their second best player and yes he has a lot of basketball skills and also works very hard and has better than avg skills. The other player appears to be a Japanese players who starts and also has above avg skills at the junior level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yale vs Mouat Tonight   Today at 9:03 am

Back to top Go down

Yale vs Mouat Tonight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1