HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Paulius, Edvin, Osaro, and Warren should definately be mensioned. I'm surprised to see Sunny Brar of John Oliver in this because I have seen many Juniors better then him and he looks as if he weighs 150 pouds. Andy Vo I have never heard of so I cant voice an opinion on him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:59 am

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am

But against guys like Warren and Paulius he is no match.He would definately get outmuscled easily and should not be mensioned here. Who is Andy Vo and Matt Anza from PW should definately be on here aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:14 am

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FBP

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

I agree with Paulius, Edvin, Osaro, Warren and Matt but I don't think anybody else is really up to their level.
nextgreatcoach, all the players you've mentioned are probably just above mediocrity, just because they do well on their team does not make them a great player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greatbasketballcoach

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

There are many dominant players in the East (vancouver) but I'd say the strongest of them all are Puneet Aujla from John Oliver, Warren Liang from Tupper, Osaro Obaseki from Britannia, Andy Vo from DT, and one player from VanTech but I can't remember his name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:46 am

This is ridiculous, the only top players in the East are Osaro Obaseki and Warren Liang. No one else can match up to there level, that is final. The other players are just maybe average players. If we were adding the West players, Paulius and Edvin would be on this list along with maybe Angad from Churchill and Matt Anza from PW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greatbasketballcoach

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

coachescorner wrote:
This is ridiculous, the only top players in the East are Osaro Obaseki and Warren Liang. No one else can match up to there level, that is final. The other players are just maybe average players. If we were adding the West players, Paulius and Edvin would be on this list along with maybe Angad from Churchill and Matt Anza from PW.

Your ridiculous. I'm not just talking about Centers but small forwards. Have you seen Andy Vo or Puneet Aujla play? They can beat any guy off the dribble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 am

I have seen them play... Nothing special... Out of the players I listed none of them are centers... Warren and Osaro are both small/power forwards. Mentioning those guys you listed with these guys is totally irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 am

Osaro and Warren are a whole new step up from the other players. Don't get me wrong some of the other guys you have listed are some special players but they just dont compare to Osaro or Warren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theman7

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:47 am

Warren Liang is by far the best senior in Vancouver. His inside/outside game is unmatched by any forward in B.C. Had a monster game against #1 Palmer last week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 pm

nextgreatcoach wrote:
Osaro's overrated, he plays an individual game, where's his team going, Ibrahim just quit so can he even be as dominating of a force? Matt Anza is a great player but the same thing goes for him, his team's second last in Vancouver West. No one touches Warren at all but that's just because he's much bigger than anyone in Vancouver and plays a very unselfish game. Give Andy Vo, Puneet Aujla, Naseem Addus or Reet Sidhu the chance to do the same thing and play as individuals, they will show that they are able to. Now to pose another question, if you were to make a Vancouver East AAA All-Star team, who would your starting 5 be? (Only Graduates of 2011)

C Warren Liang
PF Sunny Brar
SF Osaro Obaseki
SG Puneet Aujla
PG Andy Vo

would be mine.

Ibrahim quit??!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopnharm

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 pm

nextgreatcoach wrote:
Give Andy Vo, Puneet Aujla, Naseem Addus or Reet Sidhu the chance to do the same thing and play as individuals, they will show that they are able to.

No. They are not on Osaro or Warren's level, period.

If one of those guys you mentioned are one of the top 3 players on any team, that team won't be very good. As roleplayers, they are fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: No. They are not on Osaro or Warren's level, period.    Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 pm

nextgreatcoach, first of all Osaro is not even rated anywhere else but in the Vancouver area. For the most part he is underrated because his DEFENSE is phenomenal. He is probably one of the best defenders in BC because he is so versatile. Yes his offense is not great but he has improved his shot and handle a bit. Last year all he had to do was grab rebounds, guard the bigs, and be a shot blocker because his team was good. Ask Palmer and Tupper how his presence was last year. You might as well say David Wagner sucks then because his team was good with Kelly Olynk and John Bantock and not now. It takes more than just one guy to shine a team thats why its a team sport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA   Today at 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Best Graduates of 2011 in Vancouver AAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1