HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

it's that time of year again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 pm

EastSide wrote:
How didn't see stand out? He score half the teams points...

eastside its not hard to score half of your team points without passing the ball... oh and by the way where did that get JMA? just wondering Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm

my god there isnt anyone that passes the ball any more than ERIC does and if you watched more than one game you would know that
he passed the ball alot
but few of those passes were converted not the passers fault , and as far as the contact goes the reffsin the east call the game a bit tighter as far as the contact goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 pm

im not making excuses im just saying. JMA didnt beat DAL because they didnt play well enough, 0n another day they may very well have beat DAL of that have no doubt , Ryan Hunter or no Ryan Hunter , thats what was so great about the matchup either team could have won but only one can and it was DAL this time good for then they played hard and won i wish them as well as the rest of the teams all the luck and i hope no one gets hurt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 am

driver59 wrote:
yeah its hard to tell how good a player is by only one game , any player .its not easy to pick 14 players from all the talent in each divison , i dont think i would want the job . to bad there are those rumors about the coaches saying ill vote for yours if you vote for mine wether its true are not it casts a cloud on the prosess. has anyone got a better or other way to do it ?
I would also like to point out that you have no problem having Justin corey on the allstar team, he scores most of Mintos points and where did that get them , im not saying one way or the other who should be on the team and who should not , im just questioning your logic Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 am

Mark Jaxxson wrote:
hardwood wrote:
South West:
1) Brandont Moffitt (Mcadam)
2) Brandon Meikle (DPCS)
3) Joel Bishop (DPCS)
4) Gordon Robinson (HHS)
5) Matt Harrington (DPCS)
6) Tyler Howlett (Campo)
7) Thomas Murphy (HHS)

North East:

1) Pat macnaughton (SSHS)
2) Myles Bernard (DRHS)
3) Eric Johnson (SSHS)
4) Justin Corey (minto)
5) Ryan Hunter (DRHS)
6) Jarred Peterson (CNBA)
7) Joe Maxwell (DRHS)

In my opinion these are the best players you will find in AA. Ive watched many games this season and if i had a vote these are the players that would be going to sussex this year for the allstar game.

umm like the list however i feel like if anything for the north east all-stars if you were going to put 3 players from one team then it should of been sugarloaf because they are the best team in the league at the moment and had an undefeating record with only 4 losses to Bathurst arguably best team in aaa and their not even in their league now for those 3 players idk u could pick Macnaughton, Eric Johnson, JD, Fournier whoever plus salmonking I also seen Eric lewis play this past weekend and he didnt seem to stand out for me if u ask me it seemed like JMA didnt like the physicality Dalhousie had to bring
My last remark was in response to this coment by Mark Jaxxson's , i quoted the wrong coment sorry for the confusion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 am

driver59 wrote:
my god there isnt anyone that passes the ball any more than ERIC does and if you watched more than one game you would know that
he passed the ball alot
but few of those passes were converted not the passers fault , and as far as the contact goes the reffsin the east call the game a bit tighter as far as the contact goes.
Only saw them play the once, but Eric can definitely play. The JMA player who stood out for me was #5, Kody something I think. He and Myles Bernard battled for 40 mins, neither gave an inch. JMA's run in the third quarter was fueled by his 3 point shooting as well.
Game could of went either way for sure, what turned the tide for Dal was 2 consecutive turnovers by JMA and then a technical foul by the coach. turned a 4 point game into a 12 point game in a flash.
Just to note (and not to start an anti-ref discussion) but the refs for the Regional were not from the North. SSHS had to bring refs in from other areas of the province, mostly from Perth and Fredericton I think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 am

Most of the reffing issues I see in this province are not reffing issues they are playing issues. Kids/coaches who play a game based on wanting/needing it to be called a certain way (generally how it is called in their area) that then do not have the skill set to find ways to win when it comes to needing to adapt.

Generally it seems to be when you get teams that expect fouls to be called that aren't or conversely teams that want to play physical but struggle to just play with their feet when the game is tight.

We were in games this year where 15 fouls were called all game. and we were in games where 40 fouls were called in a half. My kids trained and played to defend the same way all the time, and we worked on offense expecting to havce to use footwork and movement through the most amount of contact imaginable. We could dial it back if we had too, but we were not surprised when we had to take care of ourselves.

More:Strength- Footwork- Toughness-Speed-Shooting-Active Hands, Feet, Mouths. . . Win everywhere everytime regardless of the way a game is called.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:09 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
Most of the reffing issues I see in this province are not reffing issues they are playing issues. Kids/coaches who play a game based on wanting/needing it to be called a certain way (generally how it is called in their area) that then do not have the skill set to find ways to win when it comes to needing to adapt.

Generally it seems to be when you get teams that expect fouls to be called that aren't or conversely teams that want to play physical but struggle to just play with their feet when the game is tight.

We were in games this year where 15 fouls were called all game. and we were in games where 40 fouls were called in a half. My kids trained and played to defend the same way all the time, and we worked on offense expecting to havce to use footwork and movement through the most amount of contact imaginable. We could dial it back if we had too, but we were not surprised when we had to take care of ourselves.

More:Strength- Footwork- Toughness-Speed-Shooting-Active Hands, Feet, Mouths. . . Win everywhere everytime regardless of the way a game is called.

I agree with you on this. Having played and coached in every corner of NB over the years I can tell you the the reffing has different tendencies in different regions. This is nothing against the refs either. It is however up to the players and coachs to adapt to the style of the ref and not vise versa. A team that complains that the reffing was not what they were used to is just trying to make excuses for their lack of technique.

As far as the differences in the regions, it is the amount of bumping and pushing that is the biggest variability across the province... working hard, moving your feet and playing straight up defense is never a foul... in any region. The biggest difference is from the south to the east. I find that the Saint John area doesn't allow you to bump the cutters at all and Moncton area probably allows too much of it. This also reflects in the style of play for the teams. I was talking to the Fredericton high Exhibition coach when they were at the Hamton tournament and he was telling me how aggressive and dirty Petty and JMA played compared to the other teams. I watched them play and I would not say either team was dirty but they both play physical inside and you worked for your positionning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Defensewinsgames wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

I agree with you on this. Having played and coached in every corner of NB over the years I can tell you the the reffing has different tendencies in different regions. This is nothing against the refs either. It is however up to the players and coachs to adapt to the style of the ref and not vise versa. A team that complains that the reffing was not what they were used to is just trying to make excuses for their lack of technique.

As far as the differences in the regions, it is the amount of bumping and pushing that is the biggest variability across the province... working hard, moving your feet and playing straight up defense is never a foul... in any region. The biggest difference is from the south to the east. I find that the Saint John area doesn't allow you to bump the cutters at all and Moncton area probably allows too much of it. This also reflects in the style of play for the teams. I was talking to the Fredericton high Exhibition coach when they were at the Hamton tournament and he was telling me how aggressive and dirty Petty and JMA played compared to the other teams. I watched them play and I would not say either team was dirty but they both play physical inside and you worked for your positionning.

Just imagine if we had actually played them, at that tournament....lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 pm

when are all-star rosters out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 am

driver59 wrote:
4 posts
olawddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Are you bored or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 pm

AAA Girls -

Woodstock over ODY
FHS over HTHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:13 pm

boys side AAA , I heard KV or RHS by 18 or so...that true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 pm

lebronrocks wrote:
boys side AAA , I heard KV or RHS by 18 or so...that true?

KV beat RV and LHHS beat HTHS. KV vs LHHS at 1:00 pm Sunday with Sam Goucher doubtful, or at least very limited, with ankle sprain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:08 am

Who all made the all-star game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 am

Mark Jaxxson wrote:

All Stars will be announced later today. Conference players of the year will be announced at the All Star game banquet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 am

Mark Jaxxson wrote:

Duan fourniet ash probably didn't make it there are a lot better players out there!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Rosters announced

Last edited by pg7 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Sobeys / NBIAA Basketball Coaches Association 2010-2011 Basketball ALL-STARS

AA Northeast Girls / AA Southwest Girls

Danielle Colpitts (JMA Armstrong) / Jesseca Brown (Grand Manan)

Alyson Fullarton (Stanley) / Brittany Caissie (Harvey)

Melissa Lutes (Sugarloaf) / Brittany Gillis (Devon Park)

Brooke Perry (Petitcodiac) / Hilary Goodine (Tobique Valley)

Amber St. Coeur (Dalhousie) / Gaelyn McMackin (Rothesay Netherwood)

Lacee Thomas (Stanley) / Melissa Ouellette (Tobique Valley)

Emma Wissink (Caledonia) / Leah Robinson (Southern Victoria)

/ Anna Simonds (Rothesay Netherwood)

AAA Northeast Girls / AAA Southwest Girls

Katie Cadman (Tantramar) / Amy Appleby (Fredericton)

Janelle Cormier (L'Odyssee) / Madeline Belding (Sussex)

Katie Donahue (Riverview) / Chelsey Collette (Rothesay)

Emily Dowling (Miramichi Valley) / Kaylee Kilpatrick (Harbour View)

Vanessa Pickard (Riverview) / Nicole LaFleur (Leo Hayes)

Grace Wade (Bernice MacNaughton) / Mackenzie McHatten (Woodstock)

Kelly Vass (Harrison Trimble)) Samantha Wilson (Woodstock)

AA Northeast Boys / AA Southwest Boys

Justin Corey (Minto) / Joel Bishop (Devon Park)

Ryan Hunter (Dalhousie) / Ashten Francis (Southern Victoria)

Patrick MacNaughton (Sugarloaf) / Tyler Howlett (Campobello)

Cody MacPhail (JMA Armstrong) / Brandon Meikle (Devon Park)

David Parker (Caledonia) / Brandon Moffitt (McAdam)

Jared Peterson (Central NB) / Gordon Robinson (Harvey)

J D Wysote (Sugarloaf) / Jacob Wood (Harvey)

AAA Northeast Boys / AAA Southwest Boys

Matthew Daley (Bathurst) / Peter Essen (Fredericton)

Greg Doucet (Bathurst) / Sam Goucher (Leo Hayes)

Caleb Dow (Bernice MacNaughton) / J D Kent (Kennebecasis Valley)

Steve Ethelston (Riverview) / Josh LaFleur (Leo Hayes)

Thomas LeGresley (James M Hill) / Liam Shea (Rothesay)

Chris Murray (Riverview) / Adam Spurrell (Kennebecasis Valley)

Brad States (Bathurst) / Richie Wilkins (Leo Hayes)

/ Kayden Roy (Simonds)

Brittany Gillis given an extra spot in SW AA girls, and there was a tie in SW AAA boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Looks like some pretty good picks to me! Although there is sure to be some disagreement, as there always seems to be. Congratulations to this year's All-Stars! Good luck this weekend, but most importantly, have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 am

highlightreel wrote:
Mark Jaxxson wrote:

Duan fourniet ash probably didn't make it there are a lot better players out there!!!
hahahaha nice one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:31 pm

So anyone hear who the coaches and players of the year for the guys and girls are??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Just like Harbour Station i think the all-star games girls and guys should be televised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 pm

princess wrote:
So anyone hear who the coaches and players of the year for the guys and girls are??

Guys was co-winners Bathurst and Leo Hayes

Girls Tobique Valley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it's that time of year again!   Today at 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down

it's that time of year again!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next