HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RC Palmer AA?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zoons

PostSubject: RC Palmer AA?????   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm

Is Palmer going AA?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: RC Palmer AA?????   Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 am

Would be very dumb for them to go AA... I think the deadline has passed to declare which division a team is in. If they did go AA it'll probably be a walk in the park since there are no teams like Brit from last year in AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: RC Palmer AA?????   Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am

I do enjoy Kamloops!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Palmer AA?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 pm

ebe wrote:
I do enjoy Kamloops!?

What do you think Ebe's... you're ranked #1 in BC in "AAA"... do you want to go "AA"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
zoons

PostSubject: Re: RC Palmer AA?????   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm

I heard there was a disagreement at a Lower Mainland AAA meeting and that Palmer wasnt happy and said they are just going to go to the AA's.
Truth????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Palmer AA?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm

zoons wrote:
I heard there was a disagreement at a Lower Mainland AAA meeting and that Palmer wasnt happy and said they are just going to go to the AA's.
Truth????

As far as I know they are registered "AAA" for the season. Once registered... there is no turning back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Underdog2010

PostSubject: Re: RC Palmer AA?????   Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

ebe wrote:
I do enjoy Kamloops!?
Ebe is just having some fun with his comment.

Last year with mainly Grade 11 players and starters it made sense to go AA late in the season to try to win a Provincial Championship. In 2010, with only 4 berths to the AAA Provincials, there was a good chance they would not have even made it out of the AAA Lower Mainland Tournament.

This year with the #1 ranked team in AAA, there is no way Coach Ebe and his players (especially the Seniors) would not want to go to the big show and try to win a AAA Provincial Championship (of course they want to be big fish in the big pond). With 5 berths in 2011 to the AAA Provincials, and no real competition this year after the top 5 teams (Palmer, Burnaby South, Vancouver College or St. George's, Charles Tupper [also an AA school] and Kitsilano), there is no way Palmer won't get one of the Lower Mainland Berths.

The AA Provincial Championships in Kamloops may be a marvelous experience, but the competition (especially this year) is just not same caliber. Most people are only really interested in what happens with the top teams in AAA.

I expect Palmer will probably go AA next season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: RC Palmer AA?????   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Underdog2010 wrote:
ebe wrote:
I do enjoy Kamloops!?
Ebe is just having some fun with his comment.

Last year with mainly Grade 11 players and starters it made sense to go AA late in the season to try to win a Provincial Championship. In 2010, with only 4 berths to the AAA Provincials, there was a good chance they would not have even made it out of the AAA Lower Mainland Tournament.

This year with the #1 ranked team in AAA, there is no way Coach Ebe and his players (especially the Seniors) would not want to go to the big show and try to win a AAA Provincial Championship (of course they want to be big fish in the big pond). With 5 berths in 2011 to the AAA Provincials, and no real competition this year after the top 5 teams (Palmer, Burnaby South, Vancouver College or St. George's, Charles Tupper [also an AA school] and Kitsilano), there is no way Palmer won't get one of the Lower Mainland Berths.

The AA Provincial Championships in Kamloops may be a marvelous experience, but the competition (especially this year) is just not same caliber. Most people are only really interested in what happens with the top teams in AAA.

I expect Palmer will probably go AA next season.

Always someone who makes this comment every single year. Thanks for filling a niche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RC Palmer AA?????   Today at 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down

RC Palmer AA?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1