HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:04 pm

This year at Drive we will be hosting our first Annual Future Stars In March to showcase off the up and coming talent. We have been receiving tremendous amounts of nominations and you can continue to send in nominations to info@drivebasketball.com but also wanted to post our nominee list so far and want to get the nominations to 50 per age group please help us out by posting the players you think deserve to be on the list

Grade 10

Andrew Mccaskill (McMath)
Rajiv dhaliwal (McMath)
Brandon Beevis (Burnett)
Alban Shala (Burnett)
Kingston Cheung (Steveston-London)
Jamie Madawan (Palmer)
Chase Ruttenberg (Sentiel)
Alexander Akpo (Carson Graham)
Justin Buren (Centenniel)
Matt Waraich (Churchill)
Tom Campbell (Kitsilano)
Justin Ze (Kitsilano)
Gogy Kumanan (VC)
Liam Mahara (VC)
Bicky Sandhu (VC)
Jordan Rich (Pitt)
Sebastian Marshall (Pitt)
Tylon Barker (St Georges)
Deklan Chung (St Georges)
Luka Z (Kitsilano)
Gurkirit Kular (Enver Creek)
Aaron Nand (Enver Creek)
Paarus Sahi ( Lord Tweeds)
Pavan Mehal (Lord Tweeds)
Mark Yorath (SMUS)
Matt Hampton (Oak Bay)
Vartan Tanelini (WRCA)
Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Jordan Schimdt (MEI)
Luka Petkovic (Handsworth)
Christian Mair (VC)
Harbir Phool (North Delta)
Devin Brar (Abbotsford Collegiate)
Trevor Casey (Maple ridge)
Joel Lutz (Brookswood)
David M (Bryne Creek)
Glen Morgan (Bryne Creek)
Paul Lim (Fraser Heights)
Gio Trasolini (Stm)
Paul getz (Walnut grove)
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)

Please note that Players from Kelowna, Interior and Kamloops etc the omission of the players is due to the proximity of the game those players have been taken noted of but it is tough for players to travel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveNash13

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Is there going to be like voting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 pm

once we get a full 50 nominations list i will put up a poll where you can vote on ur peers and it will be taken into consideration during the final selections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Mark van elk (kits) Sam ykema (WRCA) both have played very well this year and should be on the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Could you please list club affiliation...i have a sneaking suspicion Drive players will get extra consideration..there could be hurt feelings and that is not good business for drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:15 pm

I agree. This is a very risky move for DRIVE. DRIVE is a great club, but if this is all about self-promotion and kids who pay to be part of that particular club, then not cool at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 pm

This has nothing to do about what club these kids play for its about the best of the best and congratulating these kids on the season they have had and on my list of 44 I have only 10 drive kids who have previously played for drive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 pm

You coach some of these players..are involved with Drive(greatclub). Cub affiliations for each grade and all those involved in the selection should be named. Be transparent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Yes I coach at drive and when our final lists of nominee's is finalized I will post the club affliations
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 am

Personally i don't think this has anything to do with drive players. If only 11 out of 44 kids have previously attended drive and 20 of 44 have attended basketball bc provicial teams than its not bias at all. Job we done karn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 am

First of all I just have to say your doing a great job Karn but do you know when your going to update the list and post it up? can the number of nominees go over 50? is there a specific amount of nominations one player would need to be on the list or just one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBfun

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 am

a

Last edited by BBfun on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:00 am

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Elijah Hillis-Gold of South Kamloops is a top 5 guard in the province at his age group. The only reason he was on the Provincial Red Team instead of the Provincial Blue Team is because he is 5'10" and not 6'0". Basketball BC puts too much emphasis on height. He is playing senior for South Kam, and is their second best player behind David Wagner. He should definitely be nominated and he should definitely be one of the top guys who actually makes the final list for the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 am

Please note that Players from Kelowna, Interior and Kamloops etc the omission of the players is due to the proximity of the game those players have been taken noted of but it is tough for players to travel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 am

BBfun wrote:
Jamie Madawan (Palmer)
Tom Campbell (Kitsilano)
Justin Ze (Kitsilano)
Gogy Kumanan (VC)
Jordan Rich (Pitt)
Luis Camarena (Pitt)
Luka Z (Kitsilano)
Vartan Tanelini (WRCA)
Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)
Matt Waraich (Churchill)
Mark Van Elk (Kitsilano)
Mark Yorath (SMUS)

That would be my top 20.

I still don't understand why Justin Sze gets so much recognition, he isn't very good. Where's Deklan, Mat Hampton, David M, Tylon B, Gio T, Gurkirat, David A and others. Personally I only see half of those players making the top 20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 am

BBfun wrote:
Jamie Madawan (Palmer)
Tom Campbell (Kitsilano)
Justin Ze (Kitsilano)
Gogy Kumanan (VC)
Jordan Rich (Pitt)
Luis Camarena (Pitt)
Luka Z (Kitsilano)
Vartan Tanelini (WRCA)
Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)
Matt Waraich (Churchill)
Mark Van Elk (Kitsilano)
Mark Yorath (SMUS)

That would be my top 20.

I feel like your a player someone who is close to pitt. I just dont see seb and luis among others making the allstar game. That's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 am

Very solid work with this list karn and drive staff . Grade 10 basketball players have to be thrilled for a chance to compete for a chance to play amongst nothing but the most elite competition in there age group in BC . Now for the top 20 heres my say . Take note this is being done before provincials and much could change in the coming months think of this as a prediction more or less .

Starters :
PG-Gogy , Deklan
SG-Luka P , Gurkirit
SF-Jamie , Chase
PF- Jordan R , Tylon B
C-Luka Z , Liam M

6th Man :
Matt H , Glen M ,

Bench :
G-Tyus A , Andrew M ,
G-Justin B , Tom C
F-, Alex A, Matt W
F-Liam M , Vartan T
F-David M , Devin B

Alternates:
Mark Y , Alban S

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 am

nice job coach b I agree with everything but isn't liam m too small to to be a centre?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:32 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
This year at Drive we will be hosting our first Annual Future Stars In March to showcase off the up and coming talent. We have been receiving tremendous amounts of nominations and you can continue to send in nominations to info@drivebasketball.com but also wanted to post our nominee list so far and want to get the nominations to 50 per age group please help us out by posting the players you think deserve to be on the list

Grade 10

Rajiv dhaliwal (McMath)
Brandon Beevis (Burnett)
Alban Shala (Burnett)
Jamie Madawan (Palmer)
Matt Waraich (Churchill)
Tom Campbell (Kitsilano)
Justin Ze (Kitsilano)
Gogy Kumanan (VC)
Liam Mahara (VC)
Bicky Sandhu (VC)
Jordan Rich (Pitt)
Luka Z (Kitsilano)
Aaron Nand (Enver Creek)
Mark Yorath (SMUS)
Matt Hampton (Oak Bay)
Vartan Tanelini (WRCA)
Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Jordan Schimdt (MEI)
Christian Mair (VC)
Joel Lutz (Brookswood)
David M (Bryne Creek)
Gio Trasolini (Stm)
Paul getz (Walnut grove)
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)

Invite the kids that live far away that should be nominated or at the game and see if they say yes or not. Don't just assume they can't make it. And I don't understand your statement really, it is tough to read your English. Are you saying they've been notified or you guys have taken note of them but they haven't been contacted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Liam is a forward who is deserving of a spot onto roster what position he plays Im really not sure what it will be . Should we get some votes for long distance players who are top 20 ? Also I big problem I've seen is that this game is over the spring break meaning many of these kids will be away or spending time away . I would consider changing the date if you want to feature as many elite players as possible .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:57 pm

means we've taken note of them none of these lists are fully official and none of the players have been notified that they have been nominated if u have some nominees from these other areas post them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senthil

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Brad Hoffman ( walnut grove)
David Nicamen (walnut grove)
Grant campbell ( fraser heights)
Ryan chang ( southridge)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:01 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
means we've taken note of them none of these lists are fully official and none of the players have been notified that they have been nominated if u have some nominees from these other areas post them

Just the one kid from South Kamloops is who I'd like to nominate. He was on the Red Provincial U15 team and at Regionals he lit up Mark Yorath's team for 37 points and Mark did very little in the game. If Yorath is being nominated, Eljah should definitely be on the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:17 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:

Grade 10

Rajiv dhaliwal (McMath)
Brandon Beevis (Burnett)
Alban Shala (Burnett)
Jamie Madawan (Palmer)
Matt Waraich (Churchill)
Tom Campbell (Kitsilano)
Justin Ze (Kitsilano)
Gogy Kumanan (VC)
Liam Mahara (VC)
Bicky Sandhu (VC)
Jordan Rich (Pitt)
Luka Z (Kitsilano)
Aaron Nand (Enver Creek)
Mark Yorath (SMUS)
Matt Hampton (Oak Bay)
Vartan Tanelini (WRCA)
Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Jordan Schimdt (MEI)
Christian Mair (VC)
Joel Lutz (Brookswood)
David M (Bryne Creek)
Gio Trasolini (Stm)
Paul getz (Walnut grove)
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)

These are some of the players I think deserve a look at in Abbotsford... unknown to many but very good players!

Grade 10
Amrit Dubb -Mouat Abbotsford
Daniel Pawliuk- Mouat Abbotsford

Grade 9

Manveer Dhillon -Mouat Abbottsford
Jassi Gill - Yale - Abbottsford

Grade 8

Joel Klammer - Chief Dan George Abbotsford
Jimmy Litt - Gordie Howe Abbotsford
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Jesse Mushiana (Killarney)
Cole Ingram (Kitsilano)
Kanwar Grewal (David Thompson)
David Ahmad (Enver Creek)
Abu Kamat (Lord Byng)
Sam Ykema (WRCA)

I think these players should be nominated! Great players and very deserving!

Last edited by Coach E on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Today at 7:18 am

Back to top Go down

Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next