HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm

I still don't understand why Justin Sze gets so much recognition, he isn't very good. Where's Deklan, Mat Hampton, David M, Tylon B, Gio T, Gurkirat, David A and others. Personally I only see half of those players making the top 20.[/quote]

Last edited by offensive rebounder on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BCBaller24

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:12 pm

bb fanatic i totaly disagree with you amrit dubb, daniel pawliuk, manveer dhillion, jassi gill are not even close to being good enough to be in the top 20 game. Manveer Dhillion has alot of developing needed in his game i saw him at the G.W Graham tourney in chillawak he is a average player not that good needs to work on his ball handling and shoot alot still i wasn't impressed. Jassi Gill is a good play but stills to do way too much when he plays i honestly don't thing hes good enough to play in the top 20 game i've seen him play at the Graham tourney also. Amrit Dubb is a good leader on his team but i don't think he has the skill and there best players in Tristian Etienne (grade 9) and (Corey Hauck) i've seen both tritian and corey play in the Pitt Meadows tourney they just simply blew me away amazing tallent both of then have. There team mates Daniel Pawliuk is a decent player but wasn't really stand out and same with Amrit Dubb. Arshdeep Gill is currently on the list of nomiees he and Tristian and Corey are all Drive players from abbotsford are last years Fraser Valley champioms for chief dan middle and were named all-stars and Corey was MVP, all 3 of these player deserve too be in the top 20 game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Another player who has flown under the radar is Chris manzikala of Langley. He was on the provincial team in grade 8, i don't know what he did last year but he is defiantly a player to look out for. I believe he is playing senior, and from what i hear he is averaging 20 ppg. I think he deserves to be recognized!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 am

BCBaller24 wrote:
bb fanatic i totaly disagree with you amrit dubb, daniel pawliuk, manveer dhillion, jassi gill are not even close to being good enough to be in the top 20 game. Manveer Dhillion has alot of developing needed in his game i saw him at the G.W Graham tourney in chillawak he is a average player not that good needs to work on his ball handling and shoot alot still i wasn't impressed. Jassi Gill is a good play but stills to do way too much when he plays i honestly don't thing hes good enough to play in the top 20 game i've seen him play at the Graham tourney also. Amrit Dubb is a good leader on his team but i don't think he has the skill and there best players in Tristian Etienne (grade 9) and (Corey Hauck) i've seen both tritian and corey play in the Pitt Meadows tourney they just simply blew me away amazing tallent both of then have. There team mates Daniel Pawliuk is a decent player but wasn't really stand out and same with Amrit Dubb. Arshdeep Gill is currently on the list of nomiees he and Tristian and Corey are all Drive players from abbotsford are last years Fraser Valley champioms for chief dan middle and were named all-stars and Corey was MVP, all 3 of these player deserve too be in the top 20 game.

Then we agree to disgree... Mouat has been a top six or five team all year, and for good reason! They have a good team which is made up of numerous players. Yes, Corey and Tristen are exceptionable players for there age/ grade niners... but they are not the only reason this team has been able to compete with the best teams out there! Amrit has done a great job in leading that team with his disire and heart. He has good handles and shoots the ball well. He plays defense like he is possessed! And clearly this team would not be where they are without him! Daniel has lead this team in scoring more often then not! He can post up with anyone and he can also shoot well from the outside. Ball handler no, but other skills that set him apart from average players, you bet.
Listen, not all players are going to make the top twenty... thats a given! But lets give some reconigtion to players that are working hard on their game and deserve some accolades. And were we not drawing the top twenty from a group of fifty or so? They may not be top twenty but they certainly fit into the a group just above!
On another note, I did not mention Arshdeep... a little inside info... he quit Mouat's grade 9 team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 am

Sam Ykema...hes going div 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCBaller24

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

BB fanatic:Listen, I'm from from the mission area and when ever I have a chance to watch some high school basketball near the community I take it and I've watch alot of good players mainly Moaut, I've seen tristian and Corey play many times but arshdeep is a talented kid not as talented as Corey or tristian but he is a amazing player and if he quit it could possibly be because of personal reasons, who knows but just saying he deserves to play in the top 20 game for grade 9 and so does a kid named Lucas from walnut grove junior team he's grade 9 aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:49 pm

BB fanatic wrote:
karnsharda12 wrote:
This year at Drive we will be hosting our first Annual Future Stars In March to showcase off the up and coming talent. We have been receiving tremendous amounts of nominations and you can continue to send in nominations to info@drivebasketball.com but also wanted to post our nominee list so far and want to get the nominations to 50 per age group please help us out by posting the players you think deserve to be on the list

Grade 10

Andrew Mccaskill (McMath)
Rajiv dhaliwal (McMath)
Brandon Beevis (Burnett)
Alban Shala (Burnett)
Kingston Cheung (Steveston-London)
Jamie Madawan (Palmer)
Chase Ruttenberg (Sentiel)
Alexander Akpo (Carson Graham)
Justin Buren (Centenniel)
Matt Waraich (Churchill)
Tom Campbell (Kitsilano)
Justin Ze (Kitsilano)
Gogy Kumanan (VC)
Liam Mahara (VC)
Bicky Sandhu (VC)
Jordan Rich (Pitt)
Sebastian Marshall (Pitt)
Tylon Barker (St Georges)
Deklan Chung (St Georges)
Luka Z (Kitsilano)
Gurkirit Kular (Enver Creek)
Aaron Nand (Enver Creek)
Paarus Sahi ( Lord Tweeds)
Pavan Mehal (Lord Tweeds)
Mark Yorath (SMUS)
Matt Hampton (Oak Bay)
Vartan Tanelini (WRCA)
Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Jordan Schimdt (MEI)
Luka Petkovic (Handsworth)
Christian Mair (VC)
Harbir Phool (North Delta)
Devin Brar (Abbotsford Collegiate)
Trevor Casey (Maple ridge)
Joel Lutz (Brookswood)
David M (Bryne Creek)
Glen Morgan (Bryne Creek)
Paul Lim (Fraser Heights)
Gio Trasolini (Stm)
Paul getz (Walnut grove)
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)

Please note that Players from Kelowna, Interior and Kamloops etc the omission of the players is due to the proximity of the game those players have been taken noted of but it is tough for players to travel.

These are some of the players I think deserve a look at in Abbotsford... unknown to many but very good players!

Grade 10
Amrit Dubb -Mouat Abbotsford
Daniel Pawliuk- Mouat Abbotsford

Grade 9

Manveer Dhillon -Mouat Abbottsford
Jassi Gill - Yale - Abbottsford

Grade 8

Joel Klammer - Chief Dan George Abbotsford
Jimmy Litt - Gordie Howe Abbotsford

Okay, I nominated Daniel Pawlick, He did not make the list! This is absurd... what do you have to do to get on that list? Daniel has had numerous allstar selections this year for Mouat. Most recently an allstar selection for the fraser valley championship and then followed that up with an allstar at the Junior Provincials! He scores twenty to thirty points a game on average. He has a double double pts/ reb in eighty percent of the games he has played in. He will most likely be Mouat MVP this year and rightly so! Yea he is from Abbotsford/ Mouat, but come on guys he is most deserving and you should make it right by putting him on that list!

Last edited by BB fanatic on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallIsLifeDelta

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:01 pm

never thought Drive would get this big to the point where they hold all-star games, Drives gotta bright future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Any updates on the cuts ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:32 pm

there is still a lot of underated all star like players not on the list and if they are not recognized what s the point of having this all star game? Isnt the idea of this game to recognize players for their success?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:26 pm

ballerforlife03 wrote:
there is still a lot of underated all star like players not on the list and if they are not recognized what s the point of having this all star game? Isnt the idea of this game to recognize players for their success?

some times business takes the front seat.
Back to top Go down
Coach Mathew

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 pm

baller1000 wrote:
I wasn't trying to be rhetorical; just realistic. The rankings have been hijacked because quite obviously they are trying to take over the rankings of players and teams that the members of this board were already doing. Just take a look at the number of posts for team rankings and best players etc. that we already had. We seemed to be getting along fine without rankings marked with the branding of Drive.

Similar forums don't allow this type of marketing / self promotion. Why? Because then this type of board could be "polluted" with all manner of self promotion. We don't need 3D rankings, Athelite rankings, RBL rankings or Hoopstars rankings, any more than we need Drive rankings.

I do have to give Drive credit for their marketing savvy. Having discovered that no one will stand in their way, they are exploiting this forum to maximum benefit. First: enter the already in process ranking conversation and relabel it to create the "Drive top 20" brand rankings for each age group, so kids aspire to make "DRIVE top 20". Second: ask public for input to identify any players they missed. Third: hold tournament for players thus identified. Fourth: point out number of Drive players at tournament. Fifth: encourage players at tournament to sign up for Drive. Sixth: follow up on other players suggested by forum members not in top 20, to sign up for Drive; "you want to make the Drive top 20 next year, don't you Billy?". Lastly and most importantly, do it all before Basketball BC gets the regional programs going so you can get first crack at the kids, tell them you'll take them to Div 1 and encourage them not to sign up for Basketball BC.

The above msg is partially truncated.

I have noticed baller1000 attempts to alarm the bell but he was shouted down by all. But I want to second his concern again with my first post.

We have been talking all along about recruitment at school level etc etc.
At the club level, has any one noticed one particular club's attempt to run future stars event with their own selection under the guise of players development, recognition and encouragement etc etc.
This is certainly out of line and considered as self-promotion and an attempt to influence the players. Or poaching may be but not sure?

When single club makes selection, there is a high possibility of neutrality getting compromised, giving preferance to their own current and potential future players, regular camp attendees, high school players whom you represent/coach. This is a bad precedent going to be set in BC if allowed to happen. This event will shift the influencing power from Basektball BC and other Club owners. This is the job of BCHSBBA and merely because they concentrate only on senior level, it doesnt give mandate to any club to run an all-star. In US, you dont see one AAU club player allowed to play in another aau club's event.

Wake up time for BCHSBBA or other clubs failing which you will lose your importance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Hey everyone
The final teams have been finalized for this years Future stars game these games are to congratulate these youngsters on terrific high school seasons. Congrats to all the players nominated and selected!

team red
Name Pos School Notes
Luka Zaherijevic F Kitsilano
Chase Ruttenberg G Sentinel
Deklan Chung G St. Georges
Gogy Kumanan G Vancouver College
Tylon Barker F St. Georges
Tom Campbell G Kitsilano
Luka Petkovic G Handsworth
Christian Mair F Vancouver College
Paarus Sahi G Lord Tweeds
Rajiv Dhaliwal G McMath
Andrew McCaskill G McMath * Andrew is unable to attend the game and will be replaced by Trevor Casey Forward for Terry Fox
Trevor Casey F Terry Fox
Vartan Tanelini G WRCA

team Black
Name Pos School Notes
Sam Ykema G/F WRCA
Mark Yorath G SMUS
Jamie Madewan G RC Palmer
Peter Spanghel F WRCA
Tyus Allen G WRCA
Gurkirat Kular G Enver Creek
Harbir Phool G North Delta
Devin Brar G Abbostford Collegiate
Justin Buren F Centennial
Montell Lindgren G Duchess Park
Matt Hampton G Oak Bay
David Majstorovic F Byrne Creek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 pm

How come Rajiv Dhaliwal and Matt Hampton make the teams and Gio Trasolini, Aaron Nand, Glen Morgan, Elijah Hillis-Gold, and Alex Akpo (just to name a few) don't make the cut even though they are clearly better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:47 am

coach fabio wrote:
How come Rajiv Dhaliwal and Matt Hampton make the teams and Gio Trasolini, Aaron Nand, Glen Morgan, Elijah Hillis-Gold, and Alex Akpo (just to name a few) don't make the cut even though they are clearly better?

Both matt and rajiv have had good seasons and both of their teams did well. The players you listed are very talented but to be honest, did not really have great seasons. This may have made them less deserving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 am

coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Both matt and rajiv have had good seasons and both of their teams did well. The players you listed are very talented but to be honest, did not really have great seasons. This may have made them less deserving.

I beg to differ with you. Some of the guys quoted have played up and had a better season. Have to find out whether who is the coach has any bearing.
Back to top Go down
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 am

edward wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

I beg to differ with you. Some of the guys quoted have played up and had a better season. Have to find out whether who is the coach has any bearing.

maybe, but from what i was told it was done by votes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 am

coach.carter wrote:
edward wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Voted by who? LOL.
Back to top Go down
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 am

edward wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
edward wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Voted by who? LOL.

everyone. LOL
Drive put out a post saying to nominate players for the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 am

coach.carter wrote:
edward wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
edward wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Voted by who? LOL.

everyone. LOL
Drive put out a post saying to nominate players for the game.

Nomination is fine but I am talking about the final selection. Curious to know whether the score sheets of all important games are seen or roles of the players are recognized or any opinion from the school coaches been sought? Mere "he said- she said" wont do justice.
Back to top Go down
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 am

coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

The reason I listed the players above is because they go untalked about because most of them are very helpful contibuters on their respective senior teams, and they just fly under the radar. While rajiv and matt are way over hyped, for nothing. I have seen both of them play and rajiv is just an average one dimensial player you sits on the 3 point line. Matt is playing up but only because his junior team is below average..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:51 pm

coach fabio wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

The reason I listed the players above is because they go untalked about because most of them are very helpful contibuters on their respective senior teams, and they just fly under the radar. While rajiv and matt are way over hyped, for nothing. I have seen both of them play and rajiv is just an average one dimensial player you sits on the 3 point line. Matt is playing up but only because his junior team is below average..

Coach fabio just because you or your son didnt make the team, it doesn't mean you have to come on here and put players down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:05 pm

coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Coach fabio just because you or your son didnt make the team, it doesn't mean you have to come on here and put players down

I think Coach fabio's foul crying has lot of ammo because one of the coach at Drive is the person who recruited rajiv from elgin to Mcmath and coached him from summer to end of school season. He is a good player but what Coach fabio says that there are better players than rajiv in relative sense. There are lot of "friendly" selection in both grade 9 and grade 10 and this will likley to go down as one among them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:49 pm

coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Coach Carter I'm not trying to put anyone down I just think someone like Gio Transolini is more deserving than rajiv. That's fine if you disagree I just think that gio is a better player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:34 am

coach fabio wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
coach fabio wrote:

Coach Carter I'm not trying to put anyone down I just think someone like Gio Transolini is more deserving than rajiv. That's fine if you disagree I just think that gio is a better player.

I agree, Rajiv is not on the same level as atleast 10 other kids in the province. His team did good and therefore he is in the allstar game. Mat Hampton is an incredible player I don't understand how you can say any of the players you have mentioned so far are better than him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game    Today at 3:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Drive Grade 10 Future Stars Top 20 Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next