HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Offical rankings....by me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Offical rankings....by me.   Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 pm

AA Senior Boys

1. Sugarloaf
2. - doesn't matter...really? Ya - ask the Canadian Juniors how their silver medals taste. Most of them would pawn it off for a 'Happy Meal' i'm sure.....

AA Senior Girls

1. Tobique Valley

Footnote: if a team (JMA) who has had offensive outputs of 22, 33(twice), 38 is truly ranked 10th. That tells me how poor AA girs bb is....10th - my big hairy butt. Pfffftttt. No wonder they would be terrified of a three tier system, they can't even compete with original "A" teams.....77-22.....really??? really?

AAA Senior Boys

1. No one cares. When Woodstock gets back to the top, the basketball community will care.

AAA Senior Girls

1. No one cares.

There, I've done enough damage for one day....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Moderators   Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:09 pm

This thread should be discontinued as it has no real merit and is purely arguementative with no basis of fact...Just someone that should be banned from this site...Mods...ban this guy from posting! AAA ball no one cares?! Just stupid! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:17 pm

GM, you are an idiot. It seems like you made this thread just to take a shot at the JMA seniors girls team. You must feel really superior about yourself...Give your head a shake dude, and do us all a favor and vanish from this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
AA Senior Boys

1. Sugarloaf
2. - doesn't matter...really? Ya - ask the Canadian Juniors how their silver medals taste. Most of them would pawn it off for a 'Happy Meal' i'm sure.....

AA Senior Girls

1. Tobique Valley

Footnote: if a team (JMA) who has had offensive outputs of 22, 33(twice), 38 is truly ranked 10th. That tells me how poor AA girs bb is....10th - my big hairy butt. Pfffftttt. No wonder they would be terrified of a three tier system, they can't even compete with original "A" teams.....77-22.....really??? really?

AAA Senior Boys

1. No one cares. When Woodstock gets back to the top, the basketball community will care.

AAA Senior Girls

1. No one cares.

when we had a 3 tier systemhow many students did it take to be a A school?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 pm

hey breakers, goooood onee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

AA Senior Boys

1. Sugarloaf

AA Senior Girls

1. Tobique Valley

AAA Senior Boys

AAA Senior Girls

1. No one cares.

lol......good fishing today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:39 am

AA Senior Boys

1. Sugarloaf

AA Senior Girls

1. Tobique Valley

AAA Senior Boys

AAA Senior Girls

1. No one cares.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:57 pm

beeker-breaker

As usual you have established yourself as the preeminent expert on High School Basketball in New Brunswick. Your thoughtful antidotes and concise reflections have given many of us pause for thought.

There is one question however that begs to be answered: Is there an outside chance that your missing library card will ever be returned?
Back to top Go down
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 pm

AA Senior Boys

1. Sugarloaf

AA Senior Girls

1. Tobique Valley

AAA Senior Boys

AAA Senior Girls

1. No one cares.

I will agree that in both guys and girls AA there is a very clear front runner with everyone else trying to catch up. But that being said there are other teams besides JMA who have been very inconsistant this year. A team like JMA (who I only saw this weekend) that plays very hard all game long can pose a threat in the win or go home format. TV, RNS, GM, and others would definately beat JMA, Cal, and this level of team in a best of seven but in one game if JMA is at the top of their game and their opponent is not anything can happen.

You mention their poor results, but looking the the basketbalnb.com standings they have played Harvey to 4 points, Harbour View to 6 points (who GM also lost to by 6) , played RNS to 15 points and were tied at the end of the 3rd (which is less than GM's loss by 30) and played Petty to 8 points. Games like this can go either way.

All this being said, with the up and down seasons from many teams, I expect some upsets in the next couple weeks... not saying Sugarloaf and TV will lose but below them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

AA Senior Boys

1. Sugarloaf

AA Senior Girls

1. Tobique Valley

AAA Senior Boys

AAA Senior Girls

1. No one cares.

A fair analysis on the front runners for AA boys and girls, the rest of the comments were unnecessary and quite unintelligent, then again, I know you well enough to know that is how you work, attempt to get under peoples skin, aggitate them and walk away, always been your style. Problem is, you give GM a bad rep, you don't even live here anymore, then again, you haven't even lived in the province for 13 years or so, not sure why you even bother. Hard to really know how teams are playing over here when you ae just following stats at your desk in Alberta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:39 pm

good stab gm. but to turn the knife alittle, this is a good wknd to knockoff the favorites. thats why im picking jma-not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Now there's a better discussion idea. Instead of talking about who will win uncontested as play offs begin.
By comparison this weekend would be the "Sweet 16" for High School Basketball , would it not. The top 16 AA schools and the top 16 AAA schools , both men and women enter the play-off rounds. By Saturday morning we will be down to the elite 8 in both divisions.
So as the sport experts in the US do at NCAA tournament time. Where would the possible upsets be ? In AA and ( even if no one cares Breaker dude ) AAA.

AA Match-ups in sweet 16 NE regional

SSHS vs PRHS ? no upset here?
bellisle vs CNBA. There has been a lot of chatter about the prowess of each of these schools. Now it is time to back up what has been some pretty big self promotion on these very pages.
DRHS vs JMA. Who will move on here? A two vs three match up.
CRHS vs ECB . No hope of an upset here.

In the SW
SVHS vs Campobello - Vikings on vikings ( a clan war :-) Can campo pull off an upset without Ben Beney ?
Harvey - Canterbury , DP - GM , mCadam - grand falls. No upsets there ???

In AAA where the crowds are smaller but the basketball is much better !!

SW regional will have few surprises in the SWeet 16 round
KVHS over CNSHS , FHS over SJHS , LHHS over St Stephen. However the Sussex , woodstock game could be a close hard fought war.

NE regional

First round games are a formality , most likely . The East will dominate and send 3 teams to the "Elite 8"
RHS over PLM ( whereever that is) BMHS over ESN , Whoever is 3rd over JMH . Bathurst will be the only Northern team to advance to the Elite 8.

There are the match -ups. Any potential upsets in there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

lebronrocks wrote:
Now there's a better discussion idea. Instead of talking about who will win uncontested as play offs begin.
By comparison this weekend would be the "Sweet 16" for High School Basketball , would it not. The top 16 AA schools and the top 16 AAA schools , both men and women enter the play-off rounds. By Saturday morning we will be down to the elite 8 in both divisions.
So as the sport experts in the US do at NCAA tournament time. Where would the possible upsets be ? In AA and ( even if no one cares Breaker dude ) AAA.

bellisle vs CNBA. There has been a lot of chatter about the prowess of each of these schools. Now it is time to back up what has been some pretty big self promotion on these very pages.

In the SW
SVHS vs Campobello - Vikings on vikings ( a clan war :-) Can campo pull off an upset without Ben Beney ?

KVHS over CNSHS , FHS over SJHS , LHHS over St Stephen. However the Sussex , woodstock game could be a close hard fought war.

NE regional

First round games are a formality , most likely . The East will dominate and send 3 teams to the "Elite 8"
RHS over PLM ( whereever that is) BMHS over ESN , Whoever is 3rd over JMH . Bathurst will be the only Northern team to advance to the Elite 8.

First Round Winners

NE

SSHS
CNBA
DRHS
CRHS

SW

Campobello- Alot of people may lean towards both sides, but i think campo truely has this one in the bag
Harvey
DP- could be a possible upset, remember years back same situation Grand Manan 4th and Devon Park 1st and GM knocked them off and went winning the provincials that year. Also to mention they been playing extraordinary, playing clutch with Harvey finishing their season on a good note but not enough to earn 3rd. But i do predict devon park to win from the earlier 40 - 50 point result when these two teams meet up!
McAdam

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:38 am

lebronrocks wrote:

In the SW

NE regional

On the girls side the first rounds winners should be...

SW

TV, RNS, GM, and Havery. The only game that may be close will be the Harvey SV game.

NE

Dal, Cal, Petty and Stanley. The game to see here will be the Stanley JMA game. JMA should be able to win this but lost a couple key players this past weekend so I now think STanley will take it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah i heard that JMA's coach kicked off one of his starters from the team not sure why but im sure you wont get a striaght answer if you were to ask lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 am

Look for John Caldwell to give GM all they can handle in the 2vs 3 game. I think SV may pull the win off vs Harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:27 am

I'm sure nobody really cares about the AAA basketball here anyways(as has been clearly stated) I just figured that I'd post the correction to the schedule for the South/West Regional.

KVHS #1 South vs. Woodstock #4 West
Sussex #2 South vs. Oromocto #3 West
Fredericton #2 West vs. St. Stephen #3 South
Leo Hayes #1 West vs. Saint John High #4 South

It's a very important weekend for these teams...the winner hosts, and the loser, more than likely goes to Bathurst.

To be honest, I'm not so sure about the crowd comment either. Clearly, the "lower" quality AAA games don't have great crowds all the time, but the high quality games draw huge.

For example...the game between FHS and Woodstock last year @ the Thunder Valley was insane!! It was the most atmosphere I've ever seen in a gym. Not to mention the games between FHS and Leo Hayes...most times they play, they've been getting 1000 people to watch. Those are pretty good crowds, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 am

so true c12. those games were packed and loud. we play lions and fill the buildings. grudge week in ncaa. game last nite at duke with unc. that's the kind of game i'm talking about. that game at the thundervalley you mentioned is a cllassic even if we lost. never repeated in nb. i got love for the small schools when the fans show. was at the potato barrel to see cn play wdstk for 5th and the place rocked. some towns got bball in their blood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:28 am

Yes, John Caldwell will give GM all they can handle for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron_Frye9

PostSubject: More importantly   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:44 am

Most of us know that the first round of this weekends games for the most part will be 20+ wins. Who's game for predicting the NE/SW AA/AAA #1-#4 rankings...
NE AAA BOYS:
1.BHS 2. RHS 3. BMHS 4. MHS
SW AAA BOYS:
1.LHHS 2. KVHS 3. FHS 4. SRHS

NE AA BOYS:
1. SSHS 2. DRHS 3. CRHS 4. CNBA
SW AA BOYS:
1. DPCS 2. HHS 3. CCS 4. McHS

**Haven't seen enough girls games to comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 am

baller24 wrote:
Yes, John Caldwell will give GM all they can handle for sure.

They may possibly even pull out the upset
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 am

coach12 wrote:
I'm sure nobody really cares about the AAA basketball here anyways(as has been clearly stated) I just figured that I'd post the correction to the schedule for the South/West Regional.

KVHS #1 South vs. Woodstock #4 West
Sussex #2 South vs. Oromocto #3 West
Fredericton #2 West vs. St. Stephen #3 South
Leo Hayes #1 West vs. Saint John High #4 South

It's a very important weekend for these teams...the winner hosts, and the loser, more than likely goes to Bathurst.

To be honest, I'm not so sure about the crowd comment either. Clearly, the "lower" quality AAA games don't have great crowds all the time, but the high quality games draw huge.

For example...the game between FHS and Woodstock last year @ the Thunder Valley was insane!! It was the most atmosphere I've ever seen in a gym. Not to mention the games between FHS and Leo Hayes...most times they play, they've been getting 1000 people to watch. Those are pretty good crowds, if you ask me.

I just want to clear things up a little C12. I was just being sarcastic in response to a previous post by the Breaker dude .
AAA ball provides some of the greatest rivalries , biggest crowds , and intense fans in NB. Go to any FHS , LHHS game or RHS, BMHS. Not to mention the caliber of the play is so much higher , the speed of the game so much faster. As it should be as these are bigger schools with bigger programs. The small schools have great communitiy support , there is no doubt of that , but the AAA regionals will have a lot of Fan support as well , and a much higher caliber of ball ( with a few exceptions in some years. ).
Thanks for straightening out the schedule for us as well. The SW regional will certainly be a very competitive tournament.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:01 pm

JCS is very young and Brown is hard to stop . That being said JCS has a good young post and GM may have a problem covering her . I predict GM but a close game . RNS will win by 20+ and TV should win easily . The game of the day here will be SV and Harvey . If SV's young players can stay out of foul trouble I like there chances but SV has had trouble all year with fouls . I am picking Harvey in this one . They are more mature and do not get as rattled as SV . RNS an TV for first second , Harvey and GM for 3rd 4th . TV win over RNS . Not sure in the 3,4 game . If there is no cat and mouse tactics to avoid going to TV the next weekend I pick GM to finish 3rd and Harvey 4th. Based on my past performances on here I would say that none of this will even be close !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 pm

This weekend is more about survival. Then the survivors try to pick the path with least resistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Cameron_Frye9 wrote:
Most of us know that the first round of this weekends games for the most part will be 20+ wins. Who's game for predicting the NE/SW AA/AAA #1-#4 rankings...
NE AAA BOYS:
1.BHS 2. RHS 3. BMHS 4. MHS
SW AAA BOYS:
1.LHHS 2. KVHS 3. FHS 4. SRHS

NE AA BOYS:
1. SSHS 2. DRHS 3. CRHS 4. CNBA
SW AA BOYS:
1. DPCS 2. HHS 3. CCS 4. McHS

**Haven't seen enough girls games to comment
I don't think there will be as many 20+ games as you think. Lower seeds have nothing to lose, higher seeds tend to tighten up. Different teams react to the win or go home differently. Except for McAdam, I think the other Boys AA 2/3 games will be closer than some people think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical rankings....by me.   Today at 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Offical rankings....by me.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next