HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maripac30

PostSubject: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Anyone who is interested, Sugarloaf is going to be streaming live video of the NorthEast Senior Boys Regional and the JV Boys Provincial on their website this weekend.
Here is the link
http://sugarloaf.nbed.nb.ca/liveevents.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:34 pm

This is terrific. I hope this becomes a trend started but SSHS and adopted in other schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 pm

can someone post a sched so we know who's playing when?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Its all ready posted on the NBIAA website but the east is not finalized yet , there are 3 teams fighting for fourth , Minto and petty for sure BL might not have enough games left , but everything should be desided this week
Minto at JMA this wednesday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 am

I tried watching it last time their was a big game and the stream was distorted, skippy/laggy. Has it been fixed since then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 am

ForceHimLeft wrote:
I tried watching it last time their was a big game and the stream was distorted, skippy/laggy. Has it been fixed since then?
Have no idea about the quality. I am just passing on information that was given to me.
How ever it looks, I give them full marks for trying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:15 pm

i believe that the problem was a not so powerful computer , i would think they have that problem fixed , if so it will be awesome for the people that cant make the trip . Very good idea and good for the sport also , well donr to the people involved in the broadcast .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Anybody know how to watch the JV feed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:41 pm

EastSide wrote:
Anybody know how to watch the JV feed?
Go to the link above. There are two large blue buttons, click the one for JV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

it's not the jv game it's playing the senior game..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm

EastSide wrote:
it's not the jv game it's playing the senior game..
That's odd. I just tried it . Worked for me. SV is pounding Fundy by 50.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Can you post the link to that stream?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:15 pm

If anyone else is having the same problem is me just go to this link to see the jv games.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sshs-jv-boys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm

2 big upsets are potentially happening right now. Looks like Sugarloaf JV is going to beat McAdam JV...Belleisle is up five right now over CNBA with 2 minutes to go..yikkees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Belleisle just beat CNBA ..It was close until the last two minutes. Good game by belleisle they earned it. Also, Sugarloaf JV with a big upset. They but on a press and McAdam wasn't ready. two big upsets, two good games!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I think this live streaming is great, people from all over can watch the games, and also it isnt the stream that is running a bad computer it depends on your computer at home and your connection, ive been to sugarloaf and trust me they are running it off a good computer,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:16 pm

It's not perfect but I have to agree, it's great.
Couple of the players from DRHS have grandparents in Nova Scotia who were able to watch their grandsons play tonight.
Hats off to Mike O'toole and his students
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lubindent

PostSubject: Gear   Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I won't go too detailed into our setup, but each streaming site consists of 3 computers, with a 2.8 Ghz - 4Gb ram doing the heavy lifting. The three major bottlenecks that we have are:

1.) Camera Resolution: The cameras are professional cameras, but are only "SD" or Standard Definition.

2.) Bandwidth: We have a 50/Mbps down - 30/Mbps up dedicated fibre optic internet connection, but the bottleneck remains on your internet connection(s) mostly being capped at at 1.5 Mbps meaning that we can only send so much information down the line.

3.) Content Distribution Network (Ustream) / Codec: We use Ustream to distribute our content, and that requires us to use the "Flash Media Encoder" which is not exactly top notch quality, but is also VERY VERY CPU intensive, we would literally need a supercomputer to push out a super high quality stream. Thate is the big issue right there.

Always thinking about how we could do this better...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 pm

maybe you could get some help from the nearest local tv station , just a thought because i think what you are doing there is fantastic and i would like other schools to do the same thing from time to time , i think it would help tighten up our basketball comunity, if there was something i could do to help you and to help this along for other schools i would with out a doubt . keep up the great work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:07 am

lubindent wrote:
I won't go too detailed into our setup, but each streaming site consists of 3 computers, with a 2.8 Ghz - 4Gb ram doing the heavy lifting. The three major bottlenecks that we have are:

1.) Camera Resolution: The cameras are professional cameras, but are only "SD" or Standard Definition.

2.) Bandwidth: We have a 50/Mbps down - 30/Mbps up dedicated fibre optic internet connection, but the bottleneck remains on your internet connection(s) mostly being capped at at 1.5 Mbps meaning that we can only send so much information down the line.

3.) Content Distribution Network (Ustream) / Codec: We use Ustream to distribute our content, and that requires us to use the "Flash Media Encoder" which is not exactly top notch quality, but is also VERY VERY CPU intensive, we would literally need a supercomputer to push out a super high quality stream. Thate is the big issue right there.

WOW! The only thing I understood there was the term "bottleneck" , you find those on beer bottls right ? Very Happy

Seriously though , that is awesome what you guys are doing. I hope it starts a trend in school across NB. Not just for basketball but for all school sports.
Only thing I can see that would make it better , would be if schools could archive the games , so those of us who couldn't catch em live could watch em at a later time.....I'm no techy so I don't even know if that is possible but it would be cool , to say the least.
Keep up the great work fellas!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:59 am

lubindent wrote:

What brand of camera are you using? Also, do you know the approximate cost of the dedicated fibre op line?

Good job, btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:06 am

It was a great job done the whole weekend ,you had people watching from all over the province. Commentating was great too!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 am

there was people from out west also watching that were from this area it is great and it would be cool if it was recorded into an archive. coaches would love that hahaha game tape!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:13 am

The live feed was great guys...job well done. We had grandparents watching from PEI, family members from Nova Scotia and all over New Brunswick. This is a great tool for those who could'nt be there. You guys went well out of your way to pull that off. Tournament was well run and congrats to Southern Victoria.

Last edited by Once a Warrior... on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Good Job on the coverage guys! really really enjoyed watching the teams play without having to drive four and a half hours! Gotta love technology now a days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Today at 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next