HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Heavy snowfall warning for Bathurst/ Dalhousie/ Campbellton area for Friday and into Saturday. District 15 will likely be closed tomorrow which will mean the Sectional in Bathurst and Campbellton will be postponed and well the Boys and Girls teams from Dalhousie will not be allowed to travel so the AA girls in Caledonia and AA boys in Harvey will be postponed as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:15 am

Anyone know what is on and what is off for today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 am

Have heard all AA is off for today????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 am

District 18 closed so anything in Fredericton Area or involving those teams is off. AAA boys @ Leo Hayes , AA boys in HArvey and AA girls in Caledonia would be postponed.
District 15 will be closing @ 11:00 so AA boys at Sugarloaf and AAA boys in BAthurst will be off.
Because of travelling and closures I would say pretty much everything is off for today.

Tomorrow is up in the air as well, depends when the heavy snow arrives up north and when it leaves. Big question if teams will be allowed to travel tomorrow. DRHS teams have been told they have to get permission before they leave tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 am

Revised schedules are on NBIAA site not sure how they came up with all the various times??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 am

According to the NBIAA website. Due to the number of closures all the sectionals have been rescehduled to SAt-Sun. That may change still based on weather conditions tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 am

all the AAA regionals have been changed to Sat-Sun schedules but FHS Black Kats has invoked NBIAA OR 14 and says they won'tplay on Sunday...so the BHS regional is up in the air....not sure what new schedule will be as coach hasn't told us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Obviously FHS is well within their right to do this and I'm sure they'll have to come up with a different schedule.

This does raise an issue about this OR. It is traditionally a forgone conclusion that Sunday's be given as a day off. But: in today's multicultural landscape (it pays to listen to CBC) and with the majority of non-school sports going on Sunday's does this OR seem to be outdated?

I mean with the number of cancellations and snow days we see year in and year our now, combined with travel concerns of schools/community's wouldn't another day on a weekend make some of the scheduling issues year long easier?

I understand that kids have other commitments, and family time and faith related observances. These things all take place for different families on different days then just Sunday's though and the rest of those days we are expected to work it out or around it?

Not wanting to attack anyone, just a thought about a solution to scheduling problems by eliminating a traditional OR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 pm

I understand that people have faiths and family time on Sunday.

But...with the issue with weather, there is not a lot we can do. These games need to be played. Harbour Station is 7 days away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Even though it will cause occasional hassles with scheduling I am still in favor of OR 14 and I think you will find many players are in favor of it as well. It's not necessarily a faith thinng but more of a gauranteed day off thing. With so many coaches and programs advocating that these athlete live and breathe basketball 24/7, I think they appreciate knowing they will always have Sunday off. I know as a parent of 2 players I really appreciate it most weeks.
And yeah every once and a while it will play havoc with a tournament or schedule but in the long run I still think it is a good thing.
What is it I've been hearing around these parts for years..... Faith, Family, School, Basketball and everything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Playing on sunday in these circumstances I think are fine . Throughout the year sure don't play but with Harbour a week away these games need to get played . Is the parents or players from FHS against this or would FHS with there deep bench gain a advantage if all games where played saturday ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:02 pm

I agree with AA, Sundays off during the season are great. Now it is time to get these games in.

Has it been made official from FHS that they will not play Sunday, or is this just forum rumours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:53 pm

schedule for the Bathurst regional has been finalized...sunday was an issue but playing 3 games on monday was the alternative...saturday-sunday option is a no go because the north is getting hit with another 10cm tomorrow (after 15 tonight ) so travel is an issue for teams....
All 4 teams and the NBIAA has Okayed the following schedule , Sunday 1:00pm BMHS vs FHS , 3:00pm BHS vs OHS and the Final will be played on Monday at 1:00pm... all teams ,the nbiaa and the officials were very co-operative and worked together to come up with this solution....other issue was the 25cm forecasted for the North on Tuesday...
So sunday monday it is...should be some great hoops...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Does anyone know if Dalhousie did end up going to Moncton tonight? I know someone said they weren't allowed to but I heard from a student who has a couple friends on the team that she thought they went. If they didn't I doubt they'll be able to get to Harvey for their game tomorrow either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Dalhousie did not travel today. Very doubtful at this point they will get anywhere tomorrow either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks Maripac, what are they calling for tomorrow in the Dalhousie area?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Could be 2 -4 cm or 5 - 10 cm or 15 - 20, but that depends on which forecast you look at.(I should of been a weather forecaster, it's the only job where no one expects you to be right). Teams have been told that cannot travel tomorrow unless the snow has stopped and the roads are clear. Have to check in for permission before they go. Good news is that they changed the schedule so Dal plays the late game @ 8:00. Gives them more time in the morning for the weather to clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks, 8:15pm actually, we're the opposition. lol I hope they don't try to jam the three games into Sunday. Our school has kids who cannot play Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:30 pm

latest forecast has "snowfall warning ended" but still calling for 10cm tomorrow and 2-4cm after midnight....probably too late for BHS sectional to change anyway....all set for Sunday Monday , I expect...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:34 pm

I live outside Dalhousie and right now it is just lightly snowing, so they are hopeful. Course this is the Maritimes so that can change real quick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:13 am

The AA boys sectional in Harvey is on for tonight. Dalhousie and Caledonia both have the ok to travel and McAdam is close enough to walk if they had to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:12 am

anybody know the games times for the sectionals in campbellton and harvey...both night games ( 6pm and 8pm) or are some using earlier start times ?? need to know when to log in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 am

Harvey vs Caledonia at 6:30pm followed by McAdam and Dalhousie at 8:15pm.
Sugarloaf vs Southern Vic at 6:30pm followed by Devon Park and Belleisle at 8:15pm.
Both finals are tomorrow at 1:00pm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:06 pm

59-18 SSHS over SVHS @ Half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Just watch sshs vs svhs , dp vs bellisle , harvey vs Crhs , and Dal vs macadam (best game of the night...close , hard fought) This streaming of games is an amazing thing. I hope it continues to grow . What a great evening of watching basketball. (not to mention the UNB vs CBU game was on too )
Great job , to everyone who had anything to do with making this happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial   Today at 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Live streaming of NorthEast Regional and JV Provincial
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3