HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Hats off. We can argue about what a good percentage is, but the points don't lie. Hat's off to Jimmy Ralph and the Comets.

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
niggaGCL

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 am

you hater he legit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

Cool

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Firm

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:03 am

The fact that Jimmy has a possible future in baseball maybe the reason why he's such a selfish basketball player. He probably doesn't care. But at the same time what is the coach doing to foster this type of behaivour? He has a team of players that want to win but according to your statements that are being underappreciated and unused sitting back watching Jimmy. NBA players that played with Michael Jordan felt this type of neglect early in his career and those teams never won anything.

I agree tell Jimmy to pass the ball cause his skills are not all that tight. Also for the record Jimmy couldn't play Div 1 at any level. In fact he will be lucky to play Div 2. Definately needs to stick to baseball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Cool

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cow-town

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 am

Odds are whoever started this thread is a disgruntled Raymond parent who has a belief that his kid is underutilized in the Raymond system. Since EuroHoops just started posting on this site there's probably a high chance of that.
First, to defend the Comets head coach we simply have to state the fact that you can count the number of losses IN THE LAST THREE YEARS on one hand. He's a great coach and does what is necessary to win. For losing his first two games of the season, in arguably the best tournament in Western Canada, IT IS CRAZY that someone could have the balls to call him out. Perhaps one of the reasons they got beat was because they crush every team they play in Alberta, escpecially Southern Alberta, so it was difficult for the Comets to adjust to the compete level of these games. Just a thought Mr. Disgruntled Raymond father.
Second, currently in the NBA there are 23 players who shoot less than 30% from the field and the NCAA has simply to many to count, so to write out Jimmy Ralph's basketball future because of one tournament is just REALLY STUPID & IGNORANT. I get to see him play usually twice a year + the provincial tournament and the kid is a freaky good athlete. I also saw him play two provincial football games this year and was even more impressed with his skills in that sport. Basketball wise he's about to become the THREEPEAT point champion in Southern Alberta and if he's not leading now he's in the top three for highest point average ever through grade 10 11 and 12. Points wise that puts him in the conversation with Southern Alberta greats such as: Henry Bekkering, Jimmy Balderson, Charleton Weaselhead, RICHARD BOHNE etc.....
He's a great basketball player so I think you need to just sit back and relax as he leads you to a possible 2nd Provincial title in three years. And yes, you are most definitely a hater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 am

Cool

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Hey Eurotrash.

#1. If you are from Edmonton then why are you out in Kelowna watching the tourney? And if you were watching it online, you only saw the 3rd place game. So don't pretend like you had first had experience with watching him play out there.

#2. You have no idea what it is like to be Jimmy Ralph. The kid is a 3 time league scoring champ on a team that will most likely go on to win its 3rd South Zone Title with Jimmy as their starting PG. They are also in contention for Jimmy's 2nd provincial 4A title in 3 years of high school ball. He is about to win his second league MVP award in a row and should have won it in grade 10 and made it 3 MVP's, but they decided to give it to a player from Cardston who Jimmy & his teammates beat 7 out of 8 times they played that year including a 40 point beating in the Provincial Final. Speaking of provincials, in Grade 10 Jimmy dropped 48 points on Winston Churchill in the semi-final. He probably shot 80% from the floor and 60% from beyond the arc. You talk how he scores a bunch of layups. That is what great players do. They go to the hoop hard and they also get steals and take it in for big buckets. Hands down one of the absolute BEST high school basketball players we have ever had in the province of Alberta.

#3. What you think does not matter. Maybe ask all the people who aren't from Raymond who have awarded him COUNTLESS MVP & all star awards at tournaments all over the place including his own league where the other coaches despise Raymond just as much as you do.

#4. And we are just talking basketball. There has never been a high school kid in this province who can do what Jimmy Ralph has done on the football field. 3 year starter on both sides of the ball with 3 undefeated seasons and 3 provincial tier 1 titles. 2 league MVP's and could have been co-MVP in grade 10. He could quite possibly be the career leader in passing yards AND rushing yards AND recieving yards AND touchdowns AND all purpose yards !!! That's right. ALL 5!!!! Nobody keeps good enough stats to know that, but you would find it very hard to find another player who has accomplished what he has.

#5. Jimmy has legit NCAA programs looking at him for basketball, football, and baseball. And remember, it doesn't matter what you think. It matters what the NCAA coaches think who are talking to Jimmy. Don't be a hater. Your offer from Hinton Community College is legit brother. Even if it is to play for the girls team.

#6. Don't try and pull the "I have spoken to many a fan and they say he is about 30% on shots other than layups." You should have come right out and said "I am a moron" becuase that is how you sound. I guess your "many a fan" Edmonton buddies attend games with a shot chart, clip board, and a calculator. You sound ridiculous. You really do.

#7. If Jimmy wanted to play in a league where teams suck bad he would have moved to Edmonton. Don't get on your high horse about the quality of ball you guys play up there.

Now you want to talk about your bogus stats from the Kelowna Tournament.

#1. Go to the tournament website and follow the links to the stats page. Here are the REAL stats.

-In 3 games in Kelowna Jimmy shot 19/47 field goals for a 40% average.
-In 3 games in Kelowna Jimmy shot 12/50 3 point shots for a 28% average.
-MICHAEL JORDAN shot 49% for his career on field goals and his worst year was 41%.
-MICHAEL JORDAN shot 32% for his career on 3 point shots and his worst year was 15%. He averaged 32% for his career.
-Jimmy Ralph shot a COMBINED 34% on all shots excluding foul shots. Combine MJ's worst years and he shot a combined 28%.

As I said before you have no idea what is like to be Jimmy Ralph. In basketball for 3 years he will face a "box and one" on most nights. I will assume that you do not know what that means. What that means is his defender plays absolutely zero help-side defence. He doesn't shift or rotate at all. He sticks in Jimmy's jock 100% of the game and is instructed to play grabbing, hacking, hard defence. He trashes Jimmy game and tries to get in his head. Typically coaches will take a player who regularly doesn't start and is just a hustle player with 5 fouls to give up. Opposing coaches will sacrifice a scorer to do this to Jimmy. A player of "Eurotrash's" talent would never have had to deal with something like this. After all, they don't play defence on someone who sits on the bench. With all this to go against every night the kid is still dropping 30 points a night and apparently being criticized for having a 40% FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE!!!!! There are NBA players who won't average that.

Jimmy will continue to rise above all the criticism and continue to be one of the most exciting athletes this province and this country may have ever seen.

Guys like Eurotrash can continue to go around and talk about how Jimmy Ralph is a selfish player and how he's all about himself and how he is not that good. Let me tell you something my friend. We will gather our "teams" together. You get the haters and I will gather everyone who respects this young man for what he has done and will continue to do. Go ahead. I will outnumber you 10,000 to 1. At the end of the day all this kid wants do do is win Championships. Personal accolades come second to that and they are completely out of his control. What he can control is the Championships. And he has done a fine job at that.

And one last note for all of you who don't know Jimmy and learn about him from reading the crap on this website. As much of an amazing player he is, that is not his finest quality. Jimmy is a fine young man who respects his coaches, teammates, classmates, his parents and the rest of his family. Everyone thinks it's all about Jimmy. You are wrong. If it was all about Jimmy he wouldn't think twice about taking one of the dozens and dozens of scholarship offers for multiple sports that come to his home on a regular basis. Jimmy is putting all of that aside. After graduating Jimmy will be serving a 2 year mission for his church. Two years to go and serve other people.

You wish you had 5% of the talent Jimmy has. Get in line.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Eurohoops- You were just OWNED! It's too bad when an 18 year old kid has to get scrutinized over a couple bad shooting games. I guarantee you that JR would go into any league in Canada and be top 5 in scoring. His speed and agility and decision making is second to none. RHS played in the toughest tourney in Western Canada and he got an allstar. Now give him a couple weeks of playing night in and night out against that same competition.... his game is elevated. For those of you that think he is undersized for the NCAA maybe take a look at a guard named Jimmer Freddette then you can start rationalizing your BS arguements.

I have seen Jimmy bring down the house hitting 3 after 3 after 3 and going to the hole and hitting the open man. For Euro to say hes selfish; I think you need to look at the whole picture. He is definately on par with some of the names mentioned as well as above others.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Cool

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Rollingson in the same category-- nope----- did you ever see his green light; he scored on subpar teams he had no handles and no hopes and zero defensive pressure. You need to come back to earth buddy if you just put them on the same level. Rollingson was a good player with a green light. Jimmy is a great player with a green light.
rollingson scored the single game scoring record against a nothing school and they just fed him all night. Richard Bohne Scored the 69 points against LCI the year both those teams went to provincials and Raymond won.
Maybe just Jimmy has more to show us yet! you are a clown!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:25 pm

OK

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 pm

So Euro hoops you give the other person a hard time about combining 3 point percentage along with 2 pt shots?
You did the exact thing when you said jimmy shot 30% in Kelowna

"Learn how to do math You cant just add the two percenatges and then divide by 2, there is actually an equation, as the number of 3's shot would be no where near the 2's " Your words not mine

for 3 games he shot 19/47 which is 40% on regular field goals
and on 3 pointers he shot 14/50 which is 28 percent
so where did you get 30% from?

Jimmy never plays 40 minutes against bad teams. I watched him play against Taber a few weeks ago had 30 at half time... never seen the floor again. You need to get your facts straight and if you want more stats

as for mj his first 4 season from the 3 point line was never over 75%
1986 12/66====18.2%
1987 7/53====13.2%
1988 92/245===37.6%
1989 81/230===35.2%

I think you need some work on math skills........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:56 pm

by the way here are some more numbers from Luther
2 pt fg 25/37 === 67%
3 pt fg 7/36=== 19.4%

So yes green light do you want to combine % again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Sorry dude, 34% combined, thats fantasctic to shoot 34% and average over 30 points. cheers

Naw bro I said MJ shot 0.75 3's per game (Duh the most MJ shot in 1 of his 4 first season was 81 TOTAL in a 82 game season, Jimmy has jacked that many in the last 6 games) Jimmys at approx 13 to 15 3's attempted per game- he JACKS (all ill advised mainly and his habits are so bad as far as shooting selection, that US college coaches would CRINGE if he sent them a tape, as apart from the really special talents ie. Jimmer (plus he shots over 40% from 3), that will get you no PT, and playing like that is WIDELY considered a selfish player in the real basketball world (not Raymonds Jack and Hound style)

Thats great he only missed a dozen open layups in the fast break and shot 67% cheers !!! How much do you want to bet that not more than 3 of those were NOT layups...don't get cocky I can get the shot charts from Cybersports!

Just curious, has he ever won a 3-pt contest in a tourney if his Jimmy is so wet king ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 pm

hmm i dunno but he has 4 provincial titles right now going for 5 -- that's pretty impressive.. what you got?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cow-town

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 pm

The fact that this clown started an entire thread to illustrate to Alberta hoop fans that a high school kid didn't deserve an allstar award at an out of province tourney is already strange enough. The teams first losses of the entire season brought this moron on here to question coaching and the teams best player. This eurohoops guy continues to dig a deeper hole and to make more of a fool out of himself. He has literally made so many dumb comments now there's no where to really start or end in any of this. Most of the time his grammar and spelling are so bad it's really quite hard to follow what he's trying to say. In one post he kind of had a gangster slang going on, but in the next posts it's like he forgot he was gangster. Nevertheless, I'm pretty confident most followers on this site know who the poster is, but to save a little pride for him it'd probably be best we not mention his name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:07 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro33

PostSubject: Let it go!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:44 am

EuroHoops, some crazy points but pretty far off topic, and your fishing now. It's like saying Kobe Bryant is no longer Kobe Bryant because he had a bad game in game 7 shooting 6-24. Kobe still WON! When you score 30+ for three straight seasons and your team wins your legit. Like I already said, when the banner is paraded down Main Street this March, come down and enjoy it with us Raymondites! Can't argue with the bottom line and the W's!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 am

Let's end this garbage topic, Jimmy is awesome. He shoots because that's how his team wins. Get over it. That's what scorers do, they shoot when they are hot, they shoot when they are average and they keep shooting when they are having bad days.

And to say hummer ferdette won't be top 15 just shows u know nothing about ball..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 am

Euro...people only get worked up because you are criticizing a very nice, good KID. Those who really know him, know that he is a wonderful example to all of the youth that look up to him, and he doesn't deserve this criticism. I can guarantee you a few things:
1. Div 1 schools are taking a very close look at him...hint, come watch some games in the near future and you may get to meet some of them
2. Not sure about this year, but last year, his total 3 point shooting % hovered right around 50%
3. he could be averaging 4 to 6 points more per game if he didn't throw wide open layups as alley oops to Mac
4. Every single high school in Canada would take him as a player on their team
5. if you ever use cybersports to check your stats or shot chart, they are never even close
6. Jimmy doesn't give a crap what people like you think
7. right around 100 shots in kelowna...if you really did watch the games there were about 6 to 8 no call fouls that should have been called on lay ups and jumpers. There were 2 games they were down where he launched a few deep last minute ones, same with a couple half court shots at the end of quarters. Take those into account, and 35% quickly becomes about 45%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Just another crtical sports junkie ;)   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 am

ZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 am

Eurohoops is a bit confusing. He seems to be obsessed with proving that Jimmy Ralph is overrated. This thread was dormant for a couple weeks and then I jumped on it and immediately he responded. It's like Eurohoops was waiting and waiting and checking every hour to see if someone would respond. And when someone did he jumped all over it again thinking that he had something valid. I'm trying to figure out if your last post is you giving up, showing respect, or realizing that you are actually wrong.

What is clear is that the level of commitment that Eurohoops has showed to hating on Jimmy Ralph proves that something has happened in the past. I watch plenty of sports from high school up to the pro levels. I watch a lot of basketball. Every once in a while I see a high school kid and I think "wow, that kid should pass the ball more. wow, that kid should post up more. wow, that kid should shoot more. wow, that kid has a bad attitude." But what I don't do is start hating and come on here and go to town on a high school kid. Why? Becuase it doesn't burn a hole in my gut and eat me alive.

So the question is, why does Jimmy Ralph burn a hole in your gut and eat you alive.

Answer. My best guess is that somewhere sometime you have been owned by either Jimmy Ralph or the Raymond Comets. Don't feel bad, that happens to lots of people. The only way that you can build this personal attack on someone is if they have done something personal to you. That doesn't happen merely by playing Call of Duty on your Xbox while you watch your Cypersports page refresh every 30 seconds to check Jimmy Ralph's shot chart and shooting %. It doesn't happen when you watch Jimmy Ralph play basketball in person a couple times a year. This goes much deeper, and it is disappointing that you react the way you do and come on here and try and tear down a kid who is ONE of the G.O.A.T.'s of high school ballers in Alberta.

Jimmy is not perfect, just like any other athlete. Ben Roethlisberger won his first Super Bowl with a quarterback rating of around 23. Worts of all time (W.O.A.T.) for a superbowl winning QB. Jimmy will have his off nights or off weekends like anyone else. But the fact that this kid will finish high school averaging over 30ppg while he is getting guarded by every teams best defensive player is impressive.

If Jimmy played high school ball in Edmonton or Calgary it wouldn't make a difference. He would still be arguably the best player in the League, win league MVP, and probably leading the league in scoring all 3 years he played. Go visit with Dave Youngs or George Hoyt and get their opinion of Jimmy. Guaranteed they would jump at the opportunity to have him and would not in the least view him in the same light that you have.

Basketball Coaches at the next level look at Jimmy and see his tremendous upside. Like any other athlete coming out of high school his University coaches will take the good things in his game and help make them better. They will also help to eliminate the weak points in his game. Gauranteed Jimmy has more offers for football, baseball, and basketball combined than any other athlete ever coming out of Alberta.

Obviously your uneducated and uninformed opinion is based on seeing him actually play once or twice a year, attending your "We hate Jimmy Ralph club" meetings, and following the Cypersports shot charts that are generated by a 11 year old in India watching online.

There is not a better high school basketball player in Alberta than Jimmy Ralph. He would be the best player on ANY team and the best player in ANY of the leagues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Quote: "Guaranteed Jimmy has more offers for football, baseball, and basketball combined than any other athlete ever coming out of Alberta."

Most sought after basketball player? Probably not. You listed some great players. Most sought after athlete when you combine all 3 sports. Most definitely.

Jimmy doesn't need his family to back him up and i guarantee they would be the absolute last ones on here even reading this crap, let alone writing on here.

Confused at your hate on Richard Bohne? U really got something against the Raymond boys don't you? I won't waste my time on you explaining what really happened down in St George (he most definitely could cut it) and why he ended up at U of C. You obviously are as uninformed on Richard Bohne as you are on Jimmy Ralph. I will tell you one thing. Be careful when you are trashing on King Richard THE G.O.A.T. in Alberta High School Basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Today at 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next