HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Why is it that only tall posts are the only players that are allowed to be good? When these smaller guards come in and dominate from 20-30 feet away from the hoop it just makes some big guys skin crawl. Give credit where credit is due. It's a team sport; Jimmy could not do what he does without a supporting role and another superstar in Tmac. It was great to see Tyson toughen up for this season. His game has been elevated to a whole other level and he has every qualification to be all star- MVP material as well. It's great to see such a good tandem in high school hoops. But there are also other players that make a team and I hope they don't get lost in this stupidity.

I know Todd gives the green light to anyone on the floor and that's where this discussion needs to end. It is a team and thanks to skill and athleticsm of the players and dedicated knowledgable coaching they are #1 in the province as a team. No one can question that at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 pm

So Euro as you are clearly in the know of Raymond players that are in the top five I would like them in your order...... Since I have a bet already who you are going to name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:56 pm

name them in order..... of how you would rank them....... all the RHS alumn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Richard's success isn't based on who offered him and who didn't. BYU didn't offer Robyn Fairbanks either. You don't think they were kicking themselves while they watched the All-American play down the street at UVSC? BYU, just like most other D1 schools, it's all about who you know. A lot of quality players are left sitting on the sidelines or trying to find somewhere to play because they don't have the right connections. Steve Nash. Your boy. Santa Clara. Really? No Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc? It's all about connections. I think you will agree with that. Some guys have gone down to the states and either rode the pine, got a few minutes here and there, or maybe ended up even starting. Some guys bounced around to other schools and some even came back up to Canada like Bekkering did. Jimmy B had to chip away and wait his turn down at BYU to get his chance. Richard chose to stay in Canada and start every game he played and destroy the record books. I still believe he holds an NCAA Div 1 & CIA record for highest point average in a season?

THEY DID IT? They did what? What did they do? If the accomplishment is just being on an NCAA Div 1 roster and riding the pine, getting a few minutes, and maybe starting your junior or senior year than I guess they did it. JR Patrick averaged 6 points per game and 20 mins per game. Stephen Sir averaged 15 per game in his best season and 28 minutes. Jimmy B's best year was 10 ppg & 24 minutes. Harker had 1 year at Oregon with 3 ppg & 8 minutes per game. Bucknor averaged 13 ppg his best year and 32 mins per game as a senior. At EW Henry B averaged 5 points per game his best year and 16 minutes per game. I may be wrong, but it's all on the internet.

Playing NCAA Div 1 ball is a great accomplishment.

What did Richard do in College?

2nd Team Canada West - 1993
1st Team Canada West - 1994
1st Team Canada West - 1995
1st Team Canada West - 1996
2nd Team CIS All Canadian - 1994
1st Team CIS All Canadian - 1995
1st Team CIS All Canadian - 1995
1st Team CIS All Canadian - 1996
Canada West Player of the Year - 1995
Canada West Player of the Year - 1996
CIS Most Outstanding Player - 1996
Canada West Career Scoring Leader with 2171 points when he finished playing. He did that in only 4 years. Most players in Canada have 5 years to accumulate their points.
Canada West Single Game Scoring Record of 64 points set in 1995. Recognized in Sports Illustrated with the accomplishment.
CIS National Single Season Scoring Record of 684 points for a 34.2 ppg average in 1995.
1995 Calgary Male Athlete of the Year. Won it over Theoren Fleury & Doug Flutie.
Had his #11 Jersey retired by the U of C in 2000.

I think King Richard was the one who really DID IT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:18 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roundballs

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm

There is only one person on that list who would have the balls to come on here and put himself on a list and slam everyone else that doesn't measure up.

Quote"The Pac-10 in 1999 had over 30 future NBA players. That's 3 per team on average, UCLA had 6 on their team alone. How many NBA players have ever played in the CIS....NONE? CIS Accolades mean nothing to players that played NCAA because All-Canadian would basically be a given for most players that can 'FULL-ride the pine' at High Major D1 schools. Should those guys be embarrassed because they had the chance to compete against THE BEST, rather than poor CIS comp and be shoe ins for All-Canadian players? Richard was GREAT but it is all about perspective."

Only a person who has to rationalize why they have to slam high school kids would write themselves into history like that right?

Quote"Harker is legit inside/out player that can still do it all for the Edmonton Energy"

Sad; really sad
BTW harker only averaged 2.8 pts per game hardwood you were being generous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Although; I know everyone on the list I don't have any problem agreeing or disagreeing with list like that. My issue is with the ridicule of a 18 year old having a bad tourney or a bad few games. I guess that is what practice is for is to make us all better at what we do.

Teams need to come together to up their games and none of us can be the armchair qbs or coaches as they are the ones on the floor playing the game. They are just kids afterall; and I am as guilty as anyone for second guessing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roundballs

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Dude;
Only one person would have that much information on a ex pac 10 player and you are either him or a stalker; so you are a stalker? Please all you do is hype your precious players that you know in your "era" which are high quality players but why compare?
You want to talk about DIv 1 comparisons but this thread was about you and comparing you to everyone. I hope you grow up and learn some respect...

FYI.....
Jimmy Ralph Provincial Champion
Tim Tollestrup Provincial Champion
Phil Tollestrup Provincial Champion
Richard Bohne Provincial Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by EuroHoops on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro33

PostSubject: Skouson Harker   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Done

Last edited by Pro33 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Very entertaining thread. This must be what its like at the Raymond Alumni games...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 pm

EuroHoops wrote:
3)He does, but thats because he scored the most, and Canadian hoops evaluators don't see the entire game. For example, I watched the Luther Final and the Macityre kid was the Comets MVP, hands down, but his 20+ rebounds get ignored, mainly due to bad stats, but yes they would not win without either player, so Jimmy is a MVP forsure and his 7-36 SHOOTING (19%) FROM 3 IS IGNORED AS HIS LAYUPS AS THE LAST MAN ON THE CHERRY PICK UP HIS STATS FROM 15-30 PER GAME, hence the MVP for the scoring average.

Considering the thread title and this statement it sounds like a plug. Friction. Jealousy. Maybe all isn't well with the Comets. Is this good news for the rest of us with provincials right around the corner?
Back to top Go down
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:35 am

Euro seriously 4 hours a day. Get a life stop being a hater and go coach. Who gives a fuxk about Raymond and all there glory. The is Canada, hockey rules. Be happy you can watch a kid drop 30, steal 2nd and juke kids like pre kardashian Reggie. Be happy this kid gives u something to talk about. Next time u wanna critizie a kid for scoring 30 a game on the best team in Alberta criticize the coaching and the school boards in Calgary an Edmonton for not allowing the kids to embrace the game like it should
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cow-town

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:05 am

The back half of this thread has been pretty much awesome. It's a lot more entertaining to get peoples opinions on past greats instead of singling out a high school kid for a perceived bad peformance. The comment that Jimmy's family came on here to defend him is a little out there, simply knowing that Raymond is a pretty tight nit community there's just as good of a chance it's a family member or also one of the other 3000 community members who simply protect their own.
Thank you 'hardwood classics' for listing Bohne's university accomplishments because I had no idea the list was that long. And thankyou Skouson for showing your identity as not one soul reading this forum saw that one coming.
Maybe if you Raymondites can morph all of these players into one you'll get an NBA player. Bohne's shooting touch, with the Tollestrup's size, throw in Jimmy's speed and agility, add Skouson's tenacity and ability to finish at the hoop and you'll have a perfect clone of Lebron James and a guaranteed NBA star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roundballs

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Cowtown, We all saw that coming. If you read back through the post of this and the helter skelter thread Eurohoops and Pro33 were feeding off each other and have THE EXACT SAME style of writing.

Pro33 served up some Grapefruit pitches for Euro to hit out of the park and vice versa. Funny how as soon as Pro33 posted Euro stopped. There is nothing strange about that or that Pro33 played in EUROpe and Eurohoops knew ALL the Raymond History along with Pro33's playing career and every player that was in that era that came out of Alberta and Canada to play in Europe.

There is no coincidence. BTW those alumni games have been intense for anyone who wants to know. If you want to know who I am just send me a message and I'll tell you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro33

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Roundballs, the reason Eurohoops ended it is because I PM'd him and asked him to drop it. Buck and SS and JR are all about 7 years younger than me, but I am pretty sure they are the best three players ever to come out of Edmonton. My views and Euros on Jimmy are polar opposite so if you think that is grapefruits, your pretty desperate?

So who are you then? About the Alumini thing I have only really played in one about four years ago and it was alot of fun, and I don't got no problems with no one from Raymond, so I am starting to think roundballs is some idiot from Calgary or Edmonton stirring the pot? Anyways I could'nt care less. I enjoy watching the Comets this year and like I have said in my earlier posts, they have some great talent. Seriously, I have better things to do than argue with you. Roundball you just started an account I noticed so clearly you have an agenda, and everyone knows the reason I started was because one of the players told me "Jimmy was getting trashed." So whatever your motive is it's all pretty funny to me, and I agree with CYDC- very entertaining.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Eurotrash. I am definitely not Richard. He is the last person you would find on here. He has been there and done that. I only listed his accomplishments in CIS ball at the U of C. You can find it all online. He has plenty more accolades from high school all the way up to the national program. Chances are he could walk off the street and own you tomorrow morning in any gym in his bare feet. From the best that everyone can tell you are a has been who probably never really was anything. Maybe only in your own mind? It's confusing why you have to come on here and try and talk trash about these legends and future legends of high school ball here in Alberta. It's confusing why Pro33 has to tell you to shut up and show you how much of a moron you are being. Do everyone a favour and just stick to the "Euroball" sites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm

here is my my rebutal to this whole topic................. Yes Jimmy shot a low percentage but like the title says he IS still an ALL-STAR!

Leave it alone...lets move on please!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jazzfan12

PostSubject: My two cents...   Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm going to start by saying that I'm not from Raymond (or from Alberta, for that matter); I'm actually from Regina, and Raymond absolutely lit up the best team our high school ever had. That was in '97, at LIT.

I haven't had a chance to see Raymond play, other than at LIT, though honestly, I wish I could say I've seen them play more often. I just like the up-tempo style they play - the press, the fast break, it's just fun basketball to watch, unless you're on the opposing team.

I've seen a lot of basketball games at the high school level, and I have to say, it's fun watching Jimmy play. He's got a high basketball IQ, anticipates well on the defensive end (not just a one-dimensional player), and makes a lot of unselfish passes. Sure, some of the shots may not be the highest percentage, but that's between Jimmy and his coach. And hey, they're winning - and he's the biggest reason why.

All and all, why hate on a kid who's one heck of an athlete? Why speculate what's going to happen after his mission? Sit back, enjoy the provincial title, and the fact that you can watch Jimmy and the Comets ... there are few high school players at his level, that's a given. And watching Comet high-flying basketball is worth the price of admission (even though I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of those whippings).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!   Today at 3:16 am

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Ralph- Over 30 ppg for Three Straight years!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2