HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley League is heating up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
And 1

PostSubject: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 am

Terry Fox 75 Fraser heights 55... not much of a game as Fox just went through the motions.

Gleneagle 61 Pitt 60.. Heritage now has the inside track for the league championship. It will come down to Thursday and Friday with Pitt playing Heritage on the thursday and fox on the Friday

Does anyone know how Heritage did tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife32

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:58 am

heritage beat port moody quite easily tonight. they did very well against the pressure of pm. do you think heritage has what it takes to be a contender in the provincials this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 am

A provincial contender... That might be pushing it a bit, right now anyways.

Once you get by Fox and Pitt, the Valley is wide open. You got Heritage, Enver Creek, Tamamawis, North Delta, Gleneagle and Walnut Grove all there as well. Plus about 6-9 teams that could pull off upsets.

Heritage is a very good team that plays very tough man to man D. Solid starting 5 but not a ton of depth. I can see them competing for the top 5seed in the valley. I don't know if they will be able to beat Fox again though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotblocker

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 am

Fox will take it when it counts, and as for the Fraser Valley I feel the same way, they will hit their peak at the right time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

shotblocker wrote:
Fox will take it when it counts, and as for the Fraser Valley I feel the same way, they will hit their peak at the right time

I think with pitt loosing to Gleneagle that means Heritage will finish first in the league.

As for Heritage being a contender i will tell you in 10 days as they will have to beat Fox again and i dont think that is possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 pm

I think the league plays a play off round that actually determines the final finish. The league play determines seeding for play offs. So Fox and Heritage may still meet to determine who actually wins the league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm

coachb wrote:
I think the league plays a play off round that actually determines the final finish. The league play determines seeding for play offs. So Fox and Heritage may still meet to determine who actually wins the league.

So once the regular league games end and the teams are ranked 1 through 10. How does it work. Does # 1 play # 10 and down the list. If so this definately gives the # 1 seed an advantage as if everything goes the way it should # 1 would play # 4 and @ 2 would play #3. So the way i see it ( and i maybe wrong ) that would probably put Pitt vs Fox in a semi...am i correct..please let me know as im not sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 pm

I have been told 1st - 5th get a bye to the playoffs. 6th plays 11th, 7th plays 10th and 8th plays 9th in 3 do or die games to advance to the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:35 pm

mikeyb wrote:
I have been told 1st - 5th get a bye to the playoffs. 6th plays 11th, 7th plays 10th and 8th plays 9th in 3 do or die games to advance to the playoffs.

Great game tonight at Pitt Meadows. Its the way high school sports should be lots of fan support from both schools and a close game. Could this be the year for Terry Fox they seem to have their defence playing much tougher at the right time of year. I would think Pitt and Fox will really get to know each other over the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallIsLifeDelta

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Gooooo ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley League is heating up   Today at 1:01 am

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley League is heating up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top