HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greatbasketballcoach

PostSubject: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:32 pm

If you could pick the starting 5 for Vancouver East AAA who would it be? and why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:19 pm

2011 Grads only or anyone playing Senior?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greatbasketballcoach

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 pm

grade 12s only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:53 am

Is there even an all star game for vancouver? If yes, what ages? Don't know too many East Van players but Osaro and Warren
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theman7

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:24 am

Does the Vancouver East league even have enough good players to be make an 'all star team' ? The vancouver league is garbage. It's only Tupper and Kits that have shots at making it to the AAA provincials.

I guess my starting 5 for the East would be the whole Tupper's starting 5 lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:50 am

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theman7

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah I would put my money on Tupper's starting 5 against all of 'East van's all stars', and bet you they would win by least 20+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog2010

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 pm

theman7 wrote:
Yeah I would put my money on Tupper's starting 5 against all of 'East van's all stars', and bet you they would win by least 20+
East Van may not have a lot of star players and clearly not as many as in past years. However, before you make such comments, you have to understand the question "theman7"!

"greatbasketballcoach" asked about the Vancouver East allstars and then clarified by stating "grade 12s only". I believe 2 of Tupper's starters are Grade 11's: Cameron Smythe and Daniel Kim. According to the BC High School Boys Basketball site, Cameron is averaging 16.8 points per game and Daniel is averaging 9.0 ppg.

In my opinion, Warren Liang is the best overall player in East Van, but what about the best of the other Tupper Grade 12's. Just looking at average scoring from the BC High School site, we have:
Warren Liang - 19.5 ppg
J.J. Inclan - 6.8 ppg
Eric Chau - 6.3 ppg
Patrick Liu - 5.5 ppg
Daryl Abunag - 5.3 ppg

Except Warren, not what I would call star stats.

If they had to play with only their Grade 12's, I would bet that Tupper would lose by 20 to the rest of the Van East Allstars. I would say that Tupper obviously has the best team in East Van, but after Warren, it is hard to claim there are any Grade 12 Allstars on that team. Maybe J.J Inclan if you take into consideration how weak East Van is this year.

"Coach E", there has been an allstar game for Vancouver for many years, mostly with Grade 12's but there were also some Grade 11's. If I remember correctly, the East has won the last 3 years, and probably mainly because of the Tupper and Britannia allstar representatives, I heard they destroyed the West last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm

C #15 from DT
PF Warren Liang
SF Osaro Obaseki
SG Andy Vo
PG JayJay Inclan

That's it nobody else coms even close to these players except maybe Puneet but I have never seen him play I am only basing him on how BC Basketball website says he got 28ppg.

I never knew there was an all star game. Do coaches choose players? Where is it held? What jerseys do participants wear? When is it and is there one for Grade 8, 9, or 10? Is there also a 3 point shooting contest or just a game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:20 am

I think the West is going to take it this year in a closely contested battle. When is the all-star game? Is junior and senior one on separate dates?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachBC

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 am

Nemanja Djajic of VanTech is easily included on this list. The fact that no ones talking about him is crazy. A 6" 180lbs shooting guard and probably the best shooter in East Van. Definitely one of the most clutch, with excellent shooting performances against NotreDame and D.T. His defence is great for his size, shutting down Osaro, and many taller, bigger players in any position. He's averaging more points than Warren Liang. How has no one heard of him!? Top shooting guard in East Vancouver hands down. If he was a little more athletic, and quick you could easily put him up there with top of Vancouver. All around good game and great basketball I.Q
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greatbasketballcoach

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Nemanja Djajic is definetly not the top shooting guard in East Van. He never shut down Osaro. Osaro was dominating VanTech when I watched, Nemanja couldn't defend him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yescoach

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm

According to the scores and from the games Ive seen, VT has defeated Brit by over 20 in each game. Nemanja definitely shut down Osaro in their second meeting, holding to around 10 pts or less. I totally agree with coachBC, its absolutely ridiculous he isnt getting the credit thats due.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachBC

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 am

In strictly East Vancouver -

starting lineup
PG- Andy Vo - DT
SG- Nemanja Djajic - VT
SF- Puneet Aujla - JO
PF- Osaro Obaseki - Britannia
C- Warren Liang - Tupper

On the bench
Earl Lazaro - DT
Amin Benkadmir - VT
Sunny Brar - DT
Eric Chau - Tupper

Strictly gr12's

Last edited by coachBC on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachBC

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:39 am

greatbasketballcoach wrote:
Nemanja Djajic is definetly not the top shooting guard in East Van. He never shut down Osaro. Osaro was dominating VanTech when I watched, Nemanja couldn't defend him.

This is absolutely ludicrous. Osaro was held to half the points he normally scores against any given team. Nemanja did a great defensive job against him. Osaro was unable to score inside because of Nemanjas defence, and Osaro does not have a jump shot whatsoever so defending from the outside was not a big problem. Osaro is a good slasher though, and is explosive. However, despite great physical and athletic advantages, Nemanjas defence prevailed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 am

When is the all star game for Junior and Senior???????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:23 am

coachBC wrote:
In strictly East Vancouver -

starting lineup
PG- Andy Vo - DT
SG- Nemanja Djajic - VT
SF- Puneet Aujla - JO
PF- Osaro Obaseki - Britannia
C- Warren Liang - Tupper

On the bench
Earl Lazaro - DT
Amin Benkadmir - VT
Sunny Brar - DT
Eric Chau - Tupper

Strictly gr12's

Earl Lazaro is Grade 11, so he wouldn't be able to make the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 am

Does anybody have any info on the all-star game this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Who would be your starting 5 for the Vancouver East AAA All-star team?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1