HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Girls Regionals - any news

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
20yearcoach

PostSubject: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 pm

On the South-West Side
Tobique over Campo by 33
GMCS over John Caldwell by 9
RNS over ESA by 39
any scores from the North-East
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Don't have any scores but I can tell you that DRHS won over Bonar Law
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: North East regionals   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Scores are posted here
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Bad news gang....

You are all playing for second, unless Tobique has some major injuries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:31 am

baller24 wrote:
Bad news gang....

Well gee, why don't we just call it off now, give TV the banner and everyone can stay home for the next two weeks.
I am not a big follower of the girls side but I have noticed that every time some one who does follow the girls side opens a discussion or posts a score; they get the "it doesn't matter cause TV is going to win" message from someone.
Here's a news flash for ya....... IT MATTERS
The banner at the end for the winner is not the only thing to play for. If it was then half the schools in the province wouldn't bother to have a team.
And yes TV will most likely win this year but if you would like I can make you list of teams who "everyone" knew was going to win but didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 pm

gee....maripac are we in a mood today or what!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
baller24 wrote:
Bad news gang....

Well gee, why don't we just call it off now, give TV the banner and everyone can stay home for the next two weeks.
I am not a big follower of the girls side but I have noticed that every time some one who does follow the girls side opens a discussion or posts a score; they get the "it doesn't matter cause TV is going to win" message from someone.
Here's a news flash for ya....... IT MATTERS
The banner at the end for the winner is not the only thing to play for. If it was then half the schools in the province wouldn't bother to have a team.
And yes TV will most likely win this year but if you would like I can make you list of teams who "everyone" knew was going to win but didn't.

I agree I am getting tired of hearing it. I know when I played we never expected to win it all but we always tried our hardest. Same goes to the teams now. You never know when somebody might out play TV. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 pm

It all matters . I see baller 24 is from the Tobique !!! RNS and GM are both very capable of beating TV . I am sure the coaches and players from TV realize this . Is TV the favorite going in ... probably but remember last year DP was the favorite!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:43 pm

My team has lost in round one but I will support the other Victoria county team . Knowing the TV coach well , if he can find out who baller is he will ask him to stop posting . The coaches from there do not put there team on a pedistal and are not nieve enough to think they will not be challenged .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:04 pm

South west update
3rd place game -GMCS defeated HHS by 13
1st place game - RNS defeated TVHS by 10- I guess you actually do need to play the game to decide a winner - what do you think Baller24??????
Any news from the North East?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
South west update
1st place game - RNS defeated TVHS by 10- I guess you actually do need to play the game to decide a winner - what do you think Baller24??????

The news is it now sucks to have finished first in the northeast regional.....
Back to top Go down
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:06 am

Yup, good thing they played the game. Will make Tobique get serious again. Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 am

Coachmac wrote:
20yearcoach wrote:
South west update

or third
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:15 am

Maripac30 wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
20yearcoach wrote:
South west update

or third

Of all the teams we played this year, RNS impressed me most. Great coaching, Anna is the best individual player we faced and their post Ojuawo learns very fast. She got better game by game the weekend of our tournament. I can see how they would have handled TV.

Having said that, I think the worst thing that happened is someone just woke TV. Best to leave sleeping dogs sleeping. Caledonia will have all they can handle to get through, but they have also improved a ton since the start of the year. They are young and small, but they keep coming at you. Also very well coached. Should be another great weekend of ball, next weekend.
Back to top Go down
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 am

Coachmac wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
20yearcoach wrote:
South west update

or third

Of all the teams we played this year, RNS impressed me most. Great coaching, Anna is the best individual player we faced and their post Ojuawo learns very fast. She got better game by game the weekend of our tournament. I can see how they would have handled TV.

Having said that, I think the worst thing that happened is someone just woke TV. Best to leave sleeping dogs sleeping. Caledonia will have all they can handle to get through, but they have also improved a ton since the start of the year. They are young and small, but they keep coming at you. Also very well coached. Should be another great weekend of ball, next weekend.

My thoughts exactly.....I watched the TV vs RNS game. RNS coach had a very good game plan and the team played extremely well. With that said, I think it was the worst thing that could have happened for RNS and the best for GM and TV. It put GM in the same division with RNS and gave TV an easier road to Harbour.

RNS also showed all their cards strategy wise and will have no aces left if they make it to Harbour. As was said before...they also woke a sleeping giant. It was the best thing for TV to get beat 2 weekes before the big show.....they were cocky and lazy....that will likely not happen again!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Tobique   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 am

Great to see the league being competitive and every division AA and AAA now up for grabs...I have a tough time believing Tobique was lazy and not played hard in a game to decide who hosts a regional...Coach would not let that happen esp coming into second half...Give RNS credit...Hottest team in second half of season and executed game plan better then TV...TV favoured to be there for sure but shadow of doubt in high school kids minds can do one of two things...Motivate or Overthink...be interesting tho

HS Predictions

Bathurst by 10 over Leo Hayes (B)
Riverview over FHS by 20 (G)

Sugarloaf over DRHS by 20 (B)
TV over RNS by 20 (G)

Couple upset specials in Sectional weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 am

hoopsdawg wrote:
Great to see the league being competitive and every division AA and AAA now up for grabs...I have a tough time believing Tobique was lazy and not played hard in a game to decide who hosts a regional...Coach would not let that happen esp coming into second half...Give RNS credit...Hottest team in second half of season and executed game plan better then TV...TV favoured to be there for sure but shadow of doubt in high school kids minds can do one of two things...Motivate or Overthink...be interesting tho

HS Predictions

Bathurst by 10 over Leo Hayes (B)
Riverview over FHS by 20 (G)

Sugarloaf over DRHS by 20 (B)
TV over RNS by 20 (G)

Couple upset specials in Sectional weekend Very Happy

Believe it or not.....Goodine was not herself....I just think she was much too complacent. I did give RNS credit as they played a remarkable game and Simonds was spectacular. An easy season will do that to a team...make them take games for granted and dull their senses a bit. TV made bad passes and were not sharp at all. They were happy to play the 2-3 zone the whole game which was not effective. Look for a totally different team at Harbour with a totally different defense. Coach never showed all of his hidden aces!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Well maybe RNS did wake TVHS up or maybe they just showed that good defense can win big games. TVHS has easily out scored most of their opponents this year, they simply outscore other teams. RNS paid a price and worked at holding TVHS down. Their strategies were simple good defense, force Ouellette left and box out, force Goodine right and box out, take away fast break by having a safety back on every shot. These are not gimmicks but rather sound defensive priciples. RNS went big in their line-up which took away some of TVHS rebounding prowess. Can you do it again, I thoink where defense is the game it can be repeated and anytme you hold a team in the 60's you are in the game.
It will be interesting to see what TVHS does to free their main girls and get their scoring back in the range their opponents can not reach. As for an easier way I am notr sure Caladonia woud look kindly on that. They have been one of dominant clubs at the middle and jr levels over the past two-three years. They play excellent in your face defense can go deep on the bench in order to defend, can they score enough against a tall team??? but easy??? That is assuming the Caladonia wins which is not a give me.
I said it before, TVHS will be easier beat in a high school gym than on the 94feet of HArbour Station where in your face defense gets more difficult
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 pm

pastprimetime wrote:
Well maybe RNS did wake TVHS up or maybe they just showed that good defense can win big games. TVHS has easily out scored most of their opponents this year, they simply outscore other teams. RNS paid a price and worked at holding TVHS down. Their strategies were simple good defense, force Ouellette left and box out, force Goodine right and box out, take away fast break by having a safety back on every shot. These are not gimmicks but rather sound defensive priciples. RNS went big in their line-up which took away some of TVHS rebounding prowess. Can you do it again, I thoink where defense is the game it can be repeated and anytme you hold a team in the 60's you are in the game.
It will be interesting to see what TVHS does to free their main girls and get their scoring back in the range their opponents can not reach. As for an easier way I am notr sure Caladonia woud look kindly on that. They have been one of dominant clubs at the middle and jr levels over the past two-three years. They play excellent in your face defense can go deep on the bench in order to defend, can they score enough against a tall team??? but easy??? That is assuming the Caladonia wins which is not a give me.
I said it before, TVHS will be easier beat in a high school gym than on the 94feet of HArbour Station where in your face defense gets more difficult

pastprime...you were obviously there and watched the game as well. Good to see an RNS fan, coach or supporter to finally breathe some fire. RNS may want to worry about GM 1st!!

I never once said RNS did not have a very good defensive game....they won fair and square. What you do forget is that defense works on both ends of the floor. If RNS happens to see TV at Harbour, they will be facing a much different scenerio than the 2-3 zone that they were happy to shoot around in Hartland.

A victory was nice and it is great to bring regionals home but it may have been a bit smarter to hold off on showing all your cards at once. Some probably should have been saved for Harbour if they get past GM!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 pm

AA fan.... I am not from Tobique, opposite end of the province actually. I just happen to watch a lot of AA girls ball in the province. I was just stating a point of view about the Tobique girls. Obviously Tobique is beatable, (look at regional) but it is more of a case of them not executing their game, than their opponent doing something spectacular to beat them.

I give full credit to RNS for keeping it close and putting Tobique in situations they are not accustomed to. Until this point of the season Tobique was unmatched in games againts AA schools. Now they have some extra motivation to get back to the things that made them successful early on.

I am sure they will be ready for whoever they play over the next week or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: RNS   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Rothesay Netherwood will have to worry now bout being complacent and looking to a rematch at HS. Recipe for disaster as everybody gearing for them now. Simmons(sp?) will be garnishing a lot of attention on Friday and Saturday....

Tobique should win the other regional but feel Dalhousie has a bigger roster and can defend the paint tougher then Harvey or especially Caledonia. If Caledonia cant get them to turn it over it wont be close as this will be there only shot cause they certainly cant sit back ...Problem for all 3 teams will be to score enough points...

Tobique will be looking to press a bit and get out and run so they can score 100 again ...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I am predicting 10 to 15 cm. of snow on friday and again on saturday for TV and Dalhousie . Not sure how that will effect the schedule but I think whoever gets there driveway cleaned first and gets more rest for there arms will prevail !!! Sorry baller24 did not mean to offend you but you sure seem like a big TV fan based on your posts . It will be fun to see how TV reacts to there set back at the hand of RNS . If Anna was spectacular and scored 24 and Goodine was complasant and scored 24 I think I would worry about what would happen if Goodine played spectacular . That is if RNS gets there and also TV . There is no gimmies now . Everyone left can play .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:42 pm

hoopsdawg wrote:
Rothesay Netherwood will have to worry now bout being complacent and looking to a rematch at HS. Recipe for disaster as everybody gearing for them now. Simmons(sp?) will be garnishing a lot of attention on Friday and Saturday....

Tobique should win the other regional but feel Dalhousie has a bigger roster and can defend the paint tougher then Harvey or especially Caledonia. If Caledonia cant get them to turn it over it wont be close as this will be there only shot cause they certainly cant sit back ...Problem for all 3 teams will be to score enough points...

Tobique will be looking to press a bit and get out and run so they can score 100 again ...lol

RNS will really have to take GM seriously....it should be a HUGE concern for them. I'm sure most of you have seen the GM girls pull out some unexpected victories over the past few years. They are very well coached to say the least
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm

No problem AA fan. I am a big fan of the Tobique girls. Not because I am from there, but just a fan of the athletic game they play.

Good point on the Goodine/Simmonds matchup. I am sure 24 is way below Goodine's average.

Should be some good ball left to watch though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 pm

One factor that has not been mentioned is the fatigue level of both RNS and TV on Saturday. TV had a very tough first half against GM on Saturday morning, up by only 4 at the half, it wasn't until GM's legs gave out in the 4th quarter that TV was able to pull away and start to sub their starters. RNS on the other hand had a fairly easy game in the morning, Harvey never got close, RNS was able to sub players in at will. I think this was a factor in the 1st place game, I think TV's bigs, particularly Ouelette had to be tired. RNS was able to play their starters for the entire game, and they played a nearly perfect game, including an uncharacteristicly fantastic outside shooting game. I am not sure if they can duplicate that perfromance against TV again, not to mention the pressure of the big stage, that TV has already played on. I think a rematch at HS would probably go the other way, especially on the bigger floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Today at 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down

AA Girls Regionals - any news
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next