HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Girls Regionals - any news

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ball13

PostSubject: How will GM play this weekend? Will TV go full court D?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 pm

How is GM going to change their approach this weekend? It seems they really struggled with RNS in their last game...
Also, if TV sat back in the finals, will they change their patterns at Sectionals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Ball13 wrote:
How is GM going to change their approach this weekend? It seems they really struggled with RNS in their last game...
Also, if TV sat back in the finals, will they change their patterns at Sectionals?

But RNS struggled the first time GM and they met. Could be anyone's game, that's for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 am

Ball13 wrote:

GM may not change their approach at all. They may have had a bad game or RNS may br the better team? Anna from RNS and Jess from GM are very similar in the way they play. The 3 factors that will determine the game will be:

1- Does Wilson get hot from outside?
2- Does RNS big girl control the boards?
3- Who does the better job coaching?

TV will play their running game at sectionals....30+ vs whoever
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 am

I wasn't at any of the the games this weekend, as I was otherwise occupied and my plan is to be at the AAA girls sectional in Woodstock this weekend. That being said here are my thoughts:

- TV was held to their lowest point total of the season by AA competition. Part game plan and execution by RNS I'm sure, and I would venture to guess probably not a great shooting day from TVHS.

- Oulette has shown some real vulnerabilities in terms of her usefulness at the end of this season. AAA jv girls teams found ways to shut her down by making her go non-dominant hand and keeping her boxed out. Obviously a strategy anyone can employ.

- RNS vs GM comes down to how well GM shoots. They do not have the size to compete on the interior vs RNS/TV but in order to stay with RNS they need to shoot well.

- TV has Dalhousie first who I personally feel will play them tougher then people think. It will most likely com down to Dalhousie's difficulty scoring enough to be able to be there at the end.

- I'm not sure anyone wants to play at pace vs. TV in AA girls so the sectional final may not go as well for Cal as they hope.

- My best guess is TV vs. RNS in the final. Neither team will probably play much m2m so it will most likely come down to who can best prep the most effective tactic on a given Sat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I love how everyone thinks that RNS will beat GM again.. When GM has beat RNS twice once a blow out on GM. They only have Simonds and there isnt much they can do without her. It will be a lot different because the refs were brutal in RNS, the Liamda girl travels everytime she even thinks about touching the ball. GM will meet all ya guys at harbour station Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Guest05 wrote:
I love how everyone thinks that RNS will beat GM again.. When GM has beat RNS twice once a blow out on GM. They only have Simonds and there isnt much they can do without her. It will be a lot different because the refs were brutal in RNS, the Liamda girl travels everytime she even thinks about touching the ball. GM will meet all ya guys at harbour station Smile

You may be right....i think it will be closer than everyone thinks....I have predicted GM vs TV at Harbour since the season started
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:30 pm

I am sure Veyseys troops will be well prepared.

The only problem is.....they are playing at RNS again. A gym that is well known over the years to have some questionable reffing go against the opposing teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm

baller24 wrote:
I am sure Veyseys troops will be well prepared.

The only problem is.....they are playing at RNS again. A gym that is well known over the years to have some questionable reffing go against the opposing teams.

Excuses aside lets wait until the game is played before we start pointing fingers.........Good luck to all the boys and girls playing this weekend, being one of the top 8 teams in the province is something they all should be proud of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoosier fanatic

PostSubject: rns taking sectionals   Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:41 pm

RNS beat Grand manan and is moving on to Harbour Station
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:03 am

pastprimetime wrote:
Well maybe RNS did wake TVHS up or maybe they just showed that good defense can win big games. TVHS has easily out scored most of their opponents this year, they simply outscore other teams. RNS paid a price and worked at holding TVHS down. Their strategies were simple good defense, force Ouellette left and box out, force Goodine right and box out, take away fast break by having a safety back on every shot. These are not gimmicks but rather sound defensive priciples. RNS went big in their line-up which took away some of TVHS rebounding prowess. Can you do it again, I thoink where defense is the game it can be repeated and anytme you hold a team in the 60's you are in the game.
It will be interesting to see what TVHS does to free their main girls and get their scoring back in the range their opponents can not reach. As for an easier way I am notr sure Caladonia woud look kindly on that. They have been one of dominant clubs at the middle and jr levels over the past two-three years. They play excellent in your face defense can go deep on the bench in order to defend, can they score enough against a tall team??? but easy??? That is assuming the Caladonia wins which is not a give me.
I said it before, TVHS will be easier beat in a high school gym than on the 94feet of HArbour Station where in your face defense gets more difficult

I guess they didn't score enough on a tall team...30 more points and they would have been there. TV is foaming at the mouth to get on that 94 foot hardwood!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls Regionals - any news   Today at 3:47 am

Back to top Go down

AA Girls Regionals - any news
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2