HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How many of these Raymonds Boys will play college sports?
1-3
33%
 33% [ 4 ]
3-6
42%
 42% [ 5 ]
6-9
25%
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Pro33

PostSubject: Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:10 pm

EuroHoops- I enjoyed your attempted battery on Jimmy and the Comets, and the coach. Unfortunately your just another Hater that can't figure out how us Rednecks keep whooping your butts year in and year out in football and basketball. I happen to have 15 years experience playing NCAA ball, and Pro ball, and I can tell you right now the game is played on the court, not on the stats sheet. I admit, sometimes when you see a guy like Jimmy have an 'offnight' the numbers seem pretty bad BUT, that is the method to the Comets madness (Or as my old man calls is the 'Comets Helter Skelter'). If your open (or maybe not) and if it is early in the shot clock, SO WHAT, get it up, hit the O glass, and then work your butt off to get the ball back. See some teams defend, where as Comets GET AFTER THE BALL!

Luther Semi-Final was a prime example of this. The boys looked way undersized, T-Mac got a few cheap soft calls, and even the annoucers at one stage said "Raymond is running alot and missing easy layups, they look tired and can't keep up this pace" By the end of the game after Raymond opened it up it turned into "Walter Murray can't keep up with this pace, Raymond is relentless in their attack"

Relentless, is a perfect word to describe Jimmy and the Comets. It might not always be cute on the stat sheet but check this out if your more worried about paper that goes in the garbage, more than banners that go on the wall-

Walter Murray Percentages: FG 38.9%, 3FG 41.7%, FT 60.7%

Comets Percentages: FG 39.5%, 3FG 20.8%, FT 50% (WOW that looks awful on paper, but it was a 15 point win, and if Raymond played their A game they would have embarrased WM.)

One more thing, Raymond High School nearly has more college athletes right now than all of Edmonton, so don't get too sure Jimmy can't play D1 hoops, he and T-Mac both can if they choose to. That's what Raymond does they win and they produce players that win at the next level as leaders. And off this team EVERY PLAYER is a legit college level athlete- now thats CRAZY, but that's how we do it down in Ray-Town! Check it out-

B BAKER (Football or Hoops, plus he has got that Bohne blood workin for him too!)
P BRIDGE (Hoops, been lighting up LIT)
T McINTYRE (Hoops, NCAA D1 Prospect)
J OLER (Football, and the best on-ball pressure defender in Western Canada on the hardwood)
C RALPH (Football, NCAA, and CFL prospect, and a beast on the court)
J RALPH (Dudes a Cameleon, if he wants to go Pro Chess HE WILL)
O SIEBAN (Football, NCAA and CFL prospect, could go hoops if he chose to- got that Harker blood working for him too!)
N SMITH (Football at a high level)
Q WORKMAN (Hoops, and he will get his chance to shine next season, cause he is a legit college prospect)

NOW DO YOU STILL WANNA TALK ABOUT NEXT LEVEL ATHLETES?!?

For example Raymond has GRANDPAS that have produced more college level athletes than some of the bigger SCHOOLS in the province (Ralphs (Dont need to go far down the line, But Jim Sr. hooped at the college level too), Tollestrups (Williams etc), Hickens (Baldrys, Harker etc), Heggies (Holts, Salmons etc) Gibbs (Bartsoffs etc), (Not to mention the Raymond boys that have been a force for U of A football for years. BOTTOM LINE we produce winners- from the ACAC level (Morgan Duce leading LCC (22 ppg) to a GREAT season) to the NCAA level (Dallin Tollestrup, Football BYU, Dad was U of A MVP, by the way, and I don't need to cover his cousins and uncles (both played NCAA 1) vast accomplishments) we are REPPED out so don't hate when the boys parade the 4A banner down Main Street for the ENTIRE town, just congratulate AND BE THANKFUL WHEN THEY BRING THIS RELENTLESS COUNTRY BOY ATTITUDE TO A CITY NEAR YOU PLAYING ON YOUR UNIVERSITY TEAMS WINNIN GAMES!!!

You like facts so here is one for you FACT- Our blood lines are better than anyones in the Country, and I guess we are just like Champion Race horses, we keep winnin and the best horses are just like the Comets- RELENTLESS!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Pro33 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EuroHoops

PostSubject: Hate or Respect?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Pro33 Buddy, Relax I don't need a history lesson. I realize the Comets have been a presence for years, and maybe that is why I expect perfection from their top man like Jimmy. I NEVER said he was not a good scorer, just that he needs to try and invlove all of these other college athletes a bit more.

I have been a huge sports fan up here for years and years, and I won't ever forget the winners you have sent up. I can get specific too- Baldry, Salmon, Ralph, and Coopeiters at U of A. Ryan Baldry winning our last University National Title for my Bears. Winning Grey Cups, Brock Ralph, and Brett, and I still am PO'd we ever traded Brock (Maybe we can get him out of Winnipeg, and PO'd that we did not get Brett (Maybe he will come out of retirement a Eskimo?). And Skouson Harker winning the IBL season for my Energy the past couple years, he was my favorite player cause he would fight for everything. Trust me I know all about how your boys get 'er done, and I was not trying to be a hater, just maybe a thorn in your side, as what can I say sometimes I wish our boys had that same relentless fire that make your boys so desperate to win and make their little town proud. I do think your a bit arrogant (ok a lot arrogant), but I suppose this is the attitue you need when your up against Goliaths every year, and I must say even though I hate Raymond at times, I do respect it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro33

PostSubject: LIT #12?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm

No hard feelings, and sorry if I come off like a arrogant **** but I pretty much am one. Seriously though, if you wanna see this in action again go to www.lit.ca to WATCH if the Comets can take their 12th (yes 12th) LIT Title (Closest other school has 5).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!   Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:02 pm

'With that list of talented athletes I would expect Raymond to be undefeated in the COUNTRY , oh that,s right they have 2 losses to BC schools. And I doubt they have every athlete capable of playing div 1 sports. Raymond is a strong team no doubt and yes they do play hard, but it will be interesting to see how they perform at Provincials with our refs who do not let a player such as Conner R play football on the basketball court. We played Catholic Central who I feel plays similar to Raymond this past weekend and we went to the foul line like 50 times in the game making 40 and winning the game by 10. Sometimes that overly aggressive style is allowed more in the south but even last year it was not enough for Raymond to win the provincial title. This year it is clearly their's to lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro33

PostSubject: Don't get it twisted Homie!   Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Raymond plays tough and they are smart enough to handle the refs. Edmonton is typically a tough, pound it inside, brand, but then again Raymond is more of a perimeter based 'tough' team as they work the ball hard and trap and recover finding passing lanes for steals. No question though the key for Provs is if T-Mac and Big Ralph, can stay out of foul trouble, yet still play tough. But it is more a smarts thing than an over aggresive think IMO, as T-Mac can get up to 3 reaching fouls 80 feet from the hoop on D, which is not tough, just stupid. So if they can control there urges and keep their hands out of the cookie jar, there no reason Comets won't take it. J-Ralph has been in a bit of a shooting slump, and the Defense in BC had nothing to do with that, and the LIT atmosphere, nothing to do with it either as he has been there, done that, and won again this time at LIT, so once he gets his legs back under him look out! And now P-Bomb is shooting at a high percentage from three, and giving hem that second outside threat. To be honest, this opened Jimmy up for alot more wide open three's than he is used to at LIT, so this wide open shooting might have thrown him off casue he is used to droppin on suckers heads! So don't get the Comets twisted, after last years upset they will be ready!

Also I never said ALL D1 level, just the Next Level. But the fact that you thought I was saying that, and the fact that you even considered that, proves my point. Athletically, and mentally, Comets are on another level than any school in Alberta, if not Canada. I mean, there are probably less than 30 boys in Grade 12 in the entire school, and teams are worried about RAYMOND? You know what they say, FEAR is the mother of defeat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2guard14

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 am

W.R.T. to bballspirt Comemts:

Yeah Raymond got beat by two of B.C.s top teams. They did however, beat one of best in Vancouver College. What you have to realize is that Raymond (and I've only ever driven through it) is a school with a pop. of less that 300. EVERY year however they're prov. champs in football and always competive in b-ball. No school in B.C. is as dominant i.e. if Raymond played in B.C. they would be in the top five to ten H.S. in football and b-ball every yr., guarnteed.

Raymond plays exhibition football against top teams in Sask. and teams in the states. They blow Sask. teams away and are always competitive vs. U.S. teams. No team in B.C. is routinely as competive, I guess what I'm saying is give credit where credit is due. Too bad other Canadian schools didn't produce the quality of atheletes as Raymond, many of which could play football or b-ball at a D1 level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachcurtis

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:38 am

Tmac is getting D1 looks?
Where's he going next year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2guard14

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Don't know. A lot of the Raymond boys, I believe, being Mormon, go on a two yr. mission after Hgh School, so they end up as walk-ons later. I think also they kind of stick to Mormon colleges in the states, but I may be wrong about all this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!   Today at 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Jimmy and the Comets HELTER SKELTER- IT'S ALL IN THE BLOOD!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1