HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Catholic Central

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Southfan

PostSubject: Catholic Central   Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:15 pm

bballspirit
I heard via grapevine that Catholic Central and their coach went a little crazy in Edmonton on the weekend?
Since you were there lets hear it from the horses mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Very intense game. CCHS up 12 in the first Q, PK came back and took the lead. A small skirmish broke out over a loose ball. 2 players fighting for the ball and a second player from CCHS dove in and when he got up he slapped the PK player in the side of the head. This prompted a violent reaction by a PK player who pushed an opponent. Tempers flared between coaches however I was impressed how quickly both coaches were able to de-escalate the tension and cooler heads prevailed. 1 player from each team was ejected- however not the correct player from CCHS. He stayed in the game for one more play and then picked up his 5th foul on the next play. It was one of the most intense scenes and games we have been involved with-very physical both ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I misspoke about bballspirit i read his entire post out of context I apoligize to him for making the accusation!

Last edited by treyfactor on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Treyfactor - bballspirit is NOT a cchs player at all but in fact a parent from edmonton area. While your comments about cchs may be justified and you may in fact be right in terms of the results once cchs plays raymond, make sure you know exactly who you are directing those types of comments towards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 am

In which tournament did this happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:50 am

Oleary Spartan Classic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaq

PostSubject: Time for a change???   Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:24 am

CCH guys, parents, coaches and wives swearing, pushing and shoving with the LCI team after losing to LCI. A grandmother was involved!!!

CCH guys and coaches taking 5 ts in one possession in Cardston.

Fighting in Edmonton.

How is this coach still a coach?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:37 am

He's run that program for years, coaches both the varsity and jv teams this year and he isn't leaving anytime soon. He's a very good coach despite the apparent lack of discipline this year.
Back to top Go down
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am

Don't forget the game in Raymond where the CCH kids trashed the whole game, basically tackled ralph as he went through the key, and the whole bench got up and cheered their intentional foul call. Then their coach getting in a Raymond players face during the hand shake and their fans (adults) yelling and swearing at the high school girls cheering for Raymond, and then threatening a Raymond players parent after the game. They all just need their asses kicked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaq

PostSubject: CCH Madness   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm

You are either a good coach or there is a lack of discipline. You can't be both. It's like saying someone is a nice guy when he isn't beating his kids!

Someone should stop that madness before something really stupid takes place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:05 pm

PK shot over 50 foul shots in the game. That is incredible and thankfully the refs were prepared to make that many calls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm

bballspirit- I totally apoligize to you for previous comments. I see that you are not affiliated with CCH; but in no way CCH and RHS are on the same level.... For you to compare them is crazy. The fouling is typical as you can see by the history of CCH and there is no respect for any team they play. It is good that the refs had the courage to make the calls. I see it here where CCH 's coach is buddies with the officials and they lack the guts to call the game the way it should be.
The refs get intimidated and don't want to look too one sided but what happenes is they let the crazies run the asylum instead of getting control.
Once again I apoligize for my comments previously to bballspirit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:07 pm

No problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am

The following completely sums up Dino Pasquotti head coach of CCHS.

This is second hand information from a friend who was at the game. Confirmed by many others at the game and will probalby be confirmed by many others on this site.

At the CCHS vs Raymond game in Raymond a few weeks back it was a typical CCHS nightmare. Hard fouls, intentional fouls, and the two Pasquotti's screaming at the officials all night instead of coaching basektball. An instance in the 4th quarter sums it up. CCHS was playing a box and one on Jimmy all night. #4 for CCHS was guarding Jimmy and in his face trash talking and being as obnoxious as possible. (Jimmy still dropped 33 points on his head). He would push Jimmy when he was away from the play and was trashing him in his face and being very disrispectful. The two Pasquotti's continued to very vocally cheer #4 on and telling him to keep it up and at times were trashing Jimmy themselves. Early in the 4th quarter Raymond had about a 6 point lead and the game was very much still within reach for CCHS. Raymond was shooting foul shots and Coach Heggie called Jimmy and the other guard for Raymond over to talk by the bench to go over some offensive set ups for the next possession. This is very standard practice during a game for most coaches. #4 for CCHS followed Jimmy over and PUSHED his way inbetween Jimmy and Coach Heggie while he obviously knew that the Coach was trying to have a conversation with him during a DEAD BALL PLAY. You don't need to play defence on Jimmy during foul shots. You could have been respectful and stood about 5 feet away and when the second shot went up you could have got on him again. Instead #4 decided to make an obvious and ridiculous scene infront of everyone. He stood there with a big smile on his face and when Coach Heggie asked him to step aside he very clearly stated "F*ck you." That is not what is most disappointing. What is most disappointing is BOTH Coach Pasquatti's (senior and junior) were absolutely laughing their heads off on the bench. They were leaning back in their chairs and slapping their knees and #4 started doing the same thing. All 3 of them showed completely zero class and no maturity at all. Very very disappointing to see a Head Coach acting so unsportsmanline and so immature. This head coach is failing to teach his players class, sportsmanship, & respect. Jimmy then hit back to back three's and basically ended the game. Too bad the Pasquotti's and #4 were more focused on being clowns than on actually winning.

Certain CCHS students & other fans (especially parents) also follow this disappointing trend. There have been instances in the past where the Principal of CCHS has issued apoligies to other schools and reprimanded their own students for their conduct at sporting events. The lack of class and sportsmanship will continue with CCHS basketball as long as their current coach remains. The incident outisde the gym after the LCI game this year only continues to prove that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Unfortunately Pasquotti and his parrot that sits beside him will never change until the officials in the south decide to grow a pair and start tossing him from games. If any other coach acted like Dino they would and should be ejected from the gym immediately. The sad part is the officials probably feel that they have there hands tied as I think league rules state that if you are ejected from a game you are automatically suspended from the next game. This may be why they are leary to throw him out.

He is not any person I would call a good coach or even a coach. A coach teaches his players a healthy respect for the game, the fans, officials and especially other players and coaches. He teaches none of this and seems to be proud of this fact.

I see they lost to LCI again last night. Wonder how that game went?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Game was at lci and was well attended by both principals; the local police and a plethera of administrators and teachers it was a very well played game. It wasn't cheap or sloppy. LCI did win by 6 and it looks like both teams were told to play ball and forget the other stuff.
My question is; which CCH shows up to play when it counts? Which way will Dino go with his troops now that they lost a normal well played constrained game? I think I know my answer but only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsnut

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 am

What bothers me about this topic is that no one came on here trashing CCHS and coach Pasquotti until they became good (ie. this year). This coach has been around for 30 years and no one has uttered a word until this year? Why? Is it because they are a threat to the legendary Raymond Comets and that CCHS should shut up and know their place? I agree that having a kid go into another coach's or team's huddle is a cardinal sin but one error by a coach does not make him all of the slanderous comments on this board. I would also agree that calling an opposing player a name is unsportsmanlike (if it did in fact happen) but it seems that the hate on for Pasquotti has popped up all of a sudden when they are the number 2 team in the south league. Why has no one hated on him until now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:21 am

Oh please are you new to hooplife? I have been trashing on Dino and his tactics for 5 years. At Least he isn't doing too much influence on their rankings this year like in years past. They have been beat by LCI twice; really that big of a threat?

Last edited by treyfactor on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:22 am

I started this post cause I heard of the crap they pulled in O Leary. The comments from the people up there (Coaches, parents, fans, refs etc.) was who in crap are these A holes and do they always act this way? And well, the answer was ya pretty much so, and it has been going on for many years and has got a lot worse when the sons showed up!!!!
Wow, this has nothing to do with them being a threat to anyone, quit stroking yourself!!!
THis has everything to do with the CCHS teams coaching, players, and sometimes their fans. It is time they shut up and play ball, or they need to be tossed from a few games!!! The refs have done it to many other south coaches and players, why not Dino?
This has come to light because of you CCHS, and it starts and ends with you DINO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, when did they become good???? Just this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 pm

CCH has been a competitive program for years. Dino has had some great talent go through there; but it's always the same result. It's the same when has been involved in Soccer. He gets a lot out of players that buy into his tactics; but players who don't get pushed aside.
The refs know him and bow down and are actually intimidated whereas other coaches show any emotion they are "t" upped immediately.
CCH has a ton of talent and I have always thought Dino is a good coach if he would just leave the crap out of it. He is competitive and maybe that is why there is so many antics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

hoopsnut, that is one of the funniest things I have read. If you have read these forums in the past, you would realize that everyone hates cchs year in and year out. Everyone has problems with Dino year in and year out. They basically cause problems with every team in the league, and then Dino over ranks himself, then they go up north to a tournament and cause problems there. Same thing every year. And by the way, this isn't even close to their best team talent wise in the last 5 or 6 years. Do you really think they are a threat to Raymond? I saw Raymond beat them by 20 at CCH without 2 of their starters (Mac and Baker), and I saw them lose by 20 again in Raymond in about the worst game Raymond has played this year. You say that calling an opposing player a name is unsportsmanlike....well I have seen Dino and his son doing the name calling in the hand shake line on more than one occasion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardwoodHoops

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 pm

CCHS are not a threat at all to Raymond this year. They are 8-4 in league right now which places them in a tie for 4th/5th place at best ahead of only Kainai Taber and Chinook who are all sporting some of the worst teams we have ever seen. They lost to LCI. Are you kidding me? They barely beat Magrath and they barely beat Medicine Hat. Remember the all star game a couple of years ago after Coach Heggie had guided Raymond to the South Zone 4A title and the 4A provincial title? CCHS had finished 10-4 that year and was knocked out of going to provincials. Pasquotti apparetly paid off enough guys to win the coach of the year award. The entire U of L gymnasium went silent. completely silent. If there was anyone who remotely respected this guy there would have been at least 2 people clapping. As far as I know he hasn't been around for 30 years. He has coached at CCH for about 8 max? His teams are known for sometimes having the talent, but never ever having the focus or the discipline to get the job done. I credit him for putting in the time it takes to coach a team. But sometimes you wonder who is the father and who is the son in that gong show on the CCHS bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Today at 1:57 am

Back to top Go down

Catholic Central
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1