HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011 Final 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 am

samsquanch27 wrote:
sussex34 wrote:
i hope Bathurst goes down...daley kid who leaves dahousie to go to greener pastures....not worth rooting for someone who shows no loyalty...that was probably the most important lesson that kid could have learned in high school (life llesson)..guess he failed that credit! Go Leo HAyes
I wish more people would speak of that this topic, because it is the biggest basketball story of the year...if he stays in Dalhousie ..they get their first banner...that would have been very special..and a memory to last a lifetime for those kids
Not saying that I agree with you necessarily, but I can tell you that you are not alone. Have had several people express the same opinion to me over the past few days

you know , I kind of agree.In fact I am betting that the entire student population of Leo Hayes High School and the population of Frederiction"s north side is agreeing with you and wishing he had stayed with DRHS , and everyone from DPCS and Harvey is glad that he didin't.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:21 am

Sometimes kids need to make decisions that best suit them. We do not know all of the details about Daley going to Bathurst. I am sure there is another side of the story. You said earlier that DRHS is a hockey school. Why be second when you can go to a school that is passionate about the sport you are.

If he was only going to win a banner, well it worked out for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:50 am

it dosent matter anyway this sort of thing has been going on for ever , our "best" players have been going to other schools for years and know one ever bothers to say anything and every one of those players have played for our province lol! so get over it it's a done deal dry your eyes and lets carry on shall we and if you feel that strongly about it protest it because if he went to BHS under faulse pretences then protest it the game will be null and void and that will be that. im just saying it happens every year i myself would like it to stopand ive tried to stop but teaches in this province tend to band together and all you do is hit a brick wall when you try to do something
thats what we should be paying attention to ,the problem not the sympton . Have a great day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sussex34

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:01 am

the whole purpose of this message is to discuss loyalty and the lack of it this kid portrayed the last few months...it was a selfish decison, he used teammates and coaches to win that banner.....its about those kids at the other end who didnt get that championship...worst of all the dad attempted to coached at drhs....so he too has no loyalty, and set a bad example for students and players across this province....how can you have a person like that in your program
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am

driver59 wrote:
it dosent matter anyway this sort of thing has been going on for ever , our "best" players have been going to other schools for years and know one ever bothers to say anything and every one of those players have played for our province lol! so get over it it's a done deal dry your eyes and lets carry on shall we and if you feel that strongly about it protest it because if he went to BHS under faulse pretences then protest it the game will be null and void and that will be that. im just saying it happens every year i myself would like it to stopand ive tried to stop but teaches in this province tend to band together and all you do is hit a brick wall when you try to do something
thats what we should be paying attention to ,the problem not the sympton . Have a great day
Dry your eyes???? Who's crying????? Certainly no one at DRHS. The comments came from someone from Sussex (if you can believe his name, you never know on here) and not from any one from Dalhousie or as far as I know Leo Hayes for that matter.
Teachers band together???? Since when do teachers make any of the decisions / rules about students transferring schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

sussex34 wrote:
the whole purpose of this message is to discuss loyalty and the lack of it this kid portrayed the last few months...it was a selfish decison, he used teammates and coaches to win that banner.....its about those kids at the other end who didnt get that championship...worst of all the dad attempted to coached at drhs....so he too has no loyalty, and set a bad example for students and players across this province....how can you have a person like that in your program
like i said this has been going on for years get over it or fix it , he did what the system aloud him to do and he wont be the last . Some kids (not all) only think of themselves and not you or i will be able to change that . and for the having him in your program its called winning at all costs , and if you dont think that goes on in this province i suggest you take a good look aroundpay attention to what some parents are saying about how there kids are being treated on there team what ever sport that might be and it seems nothing can be done about it , now that what we should be talking about , if not here then somewhere
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:21 am

Maripac30 wrote:
driver59 wrote:
Dry your eyes???? Who's crying????? Certainly no one at DRHS. The comments came from someone from Sussex (if you can believe his name, you never know on here) and not from any one from Dalhousie or as far as I know Leo Hayes for that matter.
Teachers band together???? Since when do teachers make any of the decisions / rules about students transferring schools.
grow up would you
ive seen it here for at least the last 6 or 7 years my god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Time and score   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:27 am

Congratulations to all teams who made it to Harbour Station and to those they had to better to get there. Am I off or did I see a lack of Time and Score knowledge in all the games. Well all teams deserve to be there and they proved to be the best I was amazed at how teams who had a lead late in quarters and inthe game allowed their opponents MORE POCESSIONS THAN THEY COULD HAVE.
By that I mean the team in front continued to push the ball and take quick shots. I come from the old days of guys like Bobby Knight and Morgan Wotten who believed that the only way the other trailing team could get back in the game was to have the ball and that the trailing team really did not care if you scored or not, they just wanted the ball back so they could score. I understand the concept of staying with what got you there but at the next level players are going to have to understand that the quick 3-pointer that is a good shot early in a period, if it is your shot, may not be a good shot late in the period.
Just a thought on player development
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

driver59 wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
driver59 wrote:
grow up would you
ive seen it here for at least the last 6 or 7 years my god
Grow up???? Are you serious????
You put on a post that implies someone is crying over Matt Daley going to Bathurst, so I ask who you are refering to.
You say that teachers in the province are banding together to keep you from changing the rules. Being a teacher and knowing that we do not deal with or have any authority regarding student transfers, I ask again what you meant.

and your response is for me to grow up?????
Well thanks for the answer it really clarifies things, well it clarifies at least one thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 pm

WHAT I MENT WAS a teachers kid was able to transfer to another school and the friend of that kid was also even though they still live in this comunity and the friend is using someone elses addres which the teacher is awhare of and thats not the first time its happened i have seen the rules bent for sons and daughters of teachers in the past as well . and the only point i was trying to make about the poster crying about Daley was get over it he is there leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 pm

This would be an issue then if this is true. but.....

The bottom line is though, if these kids transferred before school started in September there is nothing that can be done. If they came at a later date then it could be looked into, but I am sure they covered their butts.

It will never stop as long as we are keeping score and hanging banners. Winning is just too important for some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 am

Isnt High school sports about having fun and developing ? Come on guys, im sure no matter where he played he developed as a player and i can guarantee winning that banner and all the other games was fun, who cares what he did. he had a good year and enjoyed playing with the team he was with and had FUN Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 am

The 2011 Final 8 is over but work on next year's tournament is already underway. We'd love to hear people's feedback, especially those who thought moving the tournament to Saint John was a mistake. Please share your thoughts on anything related to the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

The Final 8 in Saint John blew Fredericton out of the water!!!! Good Job Saint John.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Couldn't agree more salmonking! Everything was very impressive. We stayed in the delta and even they were part of the tournament with their great deals! Parked the car in the parking garage when we got there and never came outside again until we left for the all star games Sunday morning! Looking forward to the next two years! The only thing missing was Dave Morell walking around the court like he owned the place telling everyone in the front row to get their feet off of the hardwood floor!! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:09 am

Hardfouls wrote:
The 2011 Final 8 is over but work on next year's tournament is already underway. We'd love to hear people's feedback, especially those who thought moving the tournament to Saint John was a mistake. Please share your thoughts on anything related to the tournament.

I wish that Rogers TV would put someone in the play by play chair who knew something about AA basketball. The AAA broadcast was fine because they had the boys coach from Simonds High who knew the players and what kind of regular season the teams had, Very knowledgable and informative. The only boo boo he made was saying that the Bathurst boys won the AA title last year (It was Sugarloaf), other than that he did a good job. The two guys that did the AA games on the other hand had very little info. on the teams and was probably the first time they had seen AA ball this year.
I think it would be fairly easy to invite a coach from one of the teams that had been put out of contention at sectionals the weekend before to be involved in the broadcast. This would be a great way to improve Harbour Station Final 8 (or 12) in the future. Any thoughts???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlindAsABat

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:30 pm

^ Excellent point. I watched the games on RTV last night, and having a play-by-play person in the seat, [one who had taken the time to learn to pronounce the players names = Meikle] familiar with both teams, would have made the broadcast much better. Harvey and Devon Park had played an exciting 2 pt game two weeks earlier and no mention was made of it. The coach from Mcadam or SV would have made sense in the chair as they had seen both teams recently. Oh well, maybe next year, but still a great job done by SJ's Final 8 committee. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Good point Warrior. I remember a few years ago when your warriors played Campobello at the AUC and they had FHS JV coach at the time John Rice do the AA boys game. He didn't know anyone except Tyler Anthony and that was who he talked about the whole game. The following year they had coach McAloon from DP do the AA game between Grand Manan and McAdam. Great job and he was able to comment on the players from both teams as well as knowing how their season had gone, etc. Maybe Rogers reads hooplife!!?? That would be a great idea to ask the coach of one of the sectional finalists to take the mic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Final 8   Today at 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down

2011 Final 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2