HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jr Ball thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Aceforever

PostSubject: Jr Ball thread   Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 am

o the other one had the wrong year for the title. Hopefully this one will get some followers. Lots of talk about the SR's but who do we have in Jr's as the top 10?

First half od the season is now done with the following standings

St Pete 5-0
St Matt 4-1
LR 5-0
Hill 4-1
Mac 4-1
Ridge 4-1
Deslaurier 4-1
Mer 4-1
Wood 5-0
Bell 4-1
SRB 5-0
MT 4-1
SH 5-0
EOM 4-1

I assume that we have a top 14 there and of them who are the top 10? From what I have seen I have them as follows.

#1 St Pete
#2 LR
#3 St Matt
#4 SH
#5 Hill
#6 SRB
#7 Ridge
#8 Wood
#9 EOM
#10 Mac

I have MT out of it simply because they look to have lost Omar for the season potentially.

I have taken into account the tourney results that I have seen and the knowledge of the club players that some of these teams have.

Other opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:56 pm

after the tourney at Ashbury SRB moves up a spot and flips with Hill with their big 26 point win and the winner of the SH vs St Matt's final will claim the #3 spot IMO with St pete still 1 and LR still taking the #2 spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDi

PostSubject: ..   Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

The St.Joesph Jaguars are another team that should not be underestimated, they placed silver in the Ridgemont Tournament last week defeating Bell, Ridgemont and Immaculata. They also defeated St.Pats and Hillcrest this weekend , as well they lost to St.Matts by a score of 6 in the Ashbury Tournament
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:40 pm

so maybe they go to the #6 spot?

St Pete
LR
St Matt
SH
SRB
St Joe
Hill
Wood
EOM
Ridge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm looking forward to watching St. Pete's in our gym at the Junior Rimrocker in January. Most of the teams here in the GTA are not familiar with them and likely assume that they will be the weakest team in their group. I suspect some of them are in for a surprise...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
garnett05

PostSubject: Tournament Results   Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:01 am

Hey does anybody have the tournament results, to compare with those of the preliminary season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballplayer

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:10 pm

In the consolation finals, Ridgemont beat St.Pats, and in the finals, St.Matts beat Sacred Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperactive

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 pm

bballplayer can you tell me more about those 2 games and how these team rank now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 pm

I saw the St. Matts vs SH game in the final and though St. Matts won by about 10 pts, SH had the lead as late as three minutes remaining in the game. St. Matts got some big stops and hit some big shots to take over the game late. I think that the major difference in the game is that SH tried to run everything through one guy whereas St. Matts had several players hitting shots down the stretch. It was a good game and both of these teams showed that they are in the discussions amongs the best though both also proved that either can be beaten if they do not play at their best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperactive

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:27 pm

thx bbllplayer, but do you also have some informations about the st.pats and ridgemont game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballboy

PostSubject: St.Peter   Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 am

Who does St.Peter even have that make them so good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 am

4 or 5 club guys from wolverines is what I heard but watching them play, they have 3 top end swing men about 6"0 who can really play. Not much of a post game though so they could be in trouble there but they just seem so athletic that it won't matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballplayer

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

the winner of the ashbury tournament was st. matts, but they also showed some strength against louis riel, who have a very tall post player, and won against them, so i would have st matts ahead of louis riel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:13 pm

who does St.Petes have other than Daniel, are they big or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:42 pm

why is colonel by's junior team in tier 1 when they lost all there games in preliminary. this is unfair to teams that faught to play in tier 1. this is the board being bias letting CB in because of there reputation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:48 pm

From the Junior Rimrocker in Mississauga:

Pickering 61 (Damian Rashford 22) St. Peter (Ottawa) 44 (Daniel Nowsu 19)

Full results after day 1: Click here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 pm

St. Peter won both of their games on Friday to finish second in their group and advance to the round of 16 against Downsview.

St. Peter 49 (Daniel Nwosu 16), St. Francis Xavier 34 (Julian Johnson 10)
St. Peter 56 (Daniel Nwosu 22), Jean Vanier (Toronto) 44 (Wynton Gregorie 13)

Full results after day 2: Click here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 pm

can anyone awsner me why is colonel by in tier 1 when they lost all there games in prelimnary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballaz

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm

St Pete
LR
St Matt
SH
SRB
St Joe
Hill
MAC
Wood
EOM
Ridge

I believe that Immaculata should be seated ahead of Woodroffe seen as they defeated them in the tiger/spartan classic tournament back in December and also defeated ridgemont in the preliminary round. Which i conclude makes them a very solid team and should not be underestimated as they have 2 terrific guards. #34 Andrew Valencia and #24 Kaylum Bobal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:28 pm

ballaz wrote:
St Pete
LR
St Matt
SH
SRB
St Joe
Hill
MAC
Wood
EOM
Ridge

I believe that Immaculata should be seated ahead of Woodroffe seen as they defeated them in the tiger/spartan classic tournament back in December and also defeated ridgemont in the preliminary round. Which i conclude makes them a very solid team and should not be underestimated as they have 2 terrific guards. #34 Andrew Valencia and #24 Kaylum Bobal.

I dont think that woodroffe should be in the top 10 ive seen lisgar junior team play and there a decent team they have a good post player and they have a good gaurd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachJ

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 pm

What happened at the St. Peter vs Gisele Lalonde game the other day? I figured that St. Peter's would have no problem with them but lost by 17?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old guy

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:04 pm

CoachJ wrote:
What happened at the St. Peter vs Gisele Lalonde game the other day? I figured that St. Peter's would have no problem with them but lost by 17?

Daniel was benched, and without him the team is useless. They depend on him way too much and do not use their other good players to their full potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballboy

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 am

What do you mean by "using their other good players to their full potential"?
Don't they only have Daniel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 am

I agree with Ballaz top five. It will be interesting where to put SH and SRB as I believe they have not played each other yet. St. Petes is clearly #1 then the next four our interchangeable in my mind. Lisgar should be on the list somewhere 6-10. They have only one loss in regular season play and beat Ridgemont who has three losses yet made Ballaz list. They also beat Hillcrest. Looks like the season is St. Petes' to lose, however, they did show that they are beatable if you can shut down their main guy. Here is what I think.

1. St. Petes
2-5 St. Matts, Louis Riel, SRB, SH (order still to be determined)
6. Lisgar
7. Hillcrest
8. St. Joes
9. Ridgemont
10. Woodroffe/Merivale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 am

baller29 wrote:
can anyone awsner me why is colonel by in tier 1 when they lost all there games in prelimnary

The board was not biased as you might assume. Unfortunately, fatdog erased the records from the teams in the preliminary as it would be more clear for you. CB won games in the preliminary, but they were 0-3 against teams that also advanced to tier one and your record against teams that advanced to the same tier as you is carried with you to the second half of the season. However, your record against teams that went to the opposite tier is not carried with you. So they may have lost to the other tier one teams, but do not belong in tier two as they beat the teams that went to tier two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Today at 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Jr Ball thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next