HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:52 pm

bball guy wrote:
no real surprise as any of those 4 teams not going through would have been disappointing.

Who won??

Ist team all-stars??

WRCA 54 WJ MOUAT 51 in a nail biter!

First team allstars
Vartan WRCA
Paarus TWEEDSMUIR
Sam WRCA
Dan Pawliuk WJ MOUAT
Corey Hauck WJ Mouat
Peter WRCA MVP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Wow sounds like it was a great game!! Congrats to white rock on getting the W!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:24 pm

anyone want to take a stab on what the provincial standings will look like now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 pm

1)wrca
2)kelowna
3)mouat
4)churchill
5)bb south
6)vc/kits-I think if vc wins they will be 5th
7)smus
8)tweedsmuir
9)mcmath
10)claremont
11)skeena
12)duchess park
13)lv Rogers
14dover bay
15)winner of Rutland/pentiction
16)ballenas

It's a toss up who will go in seeded #1 between kelowna and white rock. I put white rock as #1 because they has proved more than kelowna. But that doesn't even matter! It's going to be a fun week of basketball coming up! Look for Tweedsmuir to pull off an upset or 2!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 pm

ya looking forward to a great week of basketball, the top ten teams can beat each other on any given night gonna be a close one this year cant wait and good luck to all teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
r-macbball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm

1) WRCA / Kelowna
2) Kelowna / WRCA
3) Churchill
4) South
5) SMU
6) Kits / VC
7) Mouat
Cool McMath
9) Island 2 (Claremont??)
10)Tweedsmuir

I don't think they will give FV 2 that high of a seed, not ahead of the other regional winners at least, im sure the committee will take a look at exhibition results as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:20 pm

i think top 5 will be

1.) Kelowna
2.) White Rock
3.)VC
4.)Mouat
5.)churchill

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:29 pm

ballerforlife03 wrote:
i think top 5 will be

1.) Kelowna
2.) White Rock
3.)VC
4.)Mouat
5.)churchill

Does anybody have any insite on Kelowna? Why are they so highly ranked? who have they beaten? what is there team make up? I always see them ranked high but really what have they done to deserve this ranking? Not saying they do not deserve but... Are they really that good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Last edited by coach.carter on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Lots of parity at the junior ranks. Still awaiting VC/Kits game tomorrow. I'm expecting a WRCA & Churchill final. Rounding out the top 5...VC/Kits Winner, Tweesmuir & Mouat. Don't count out SMU which has home court. Not everyone will be happy with the seedings...expect Tweedsmuir to get a bad seeding and expect Kelowna & Burnaby South to be seeded higher than they should be. Upsets will happen when you have so many teams coming in with so much momentum. Should be an exciting week for everybody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 pm

How would U back up Mcmath being in the #3 spot..

Last edited by True bball on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeartBBall

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Every team in the BCs have the same chance to get into the finals. I think teams capable to pass the first round:
the two teams from Vancouver(Churchill and Kits/VC). - should be two talented teams.
WRCA. - quick, strong and good transition
Tweed/McMath- strong guard-play team.
Smus - never seen them play, but should be good #1 in Island.
Mouat- good guard-post pairing team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 am

Just wanted to point out those who think the valley 2 and 3 or if kits wins the vancouver 2 will be ahead of regional winners you are mistaken they will seed the winners of the valley v n d island an vancouver and independent winner if they win at the very top regardless of exhibition game wins because they are the regional winners they won their zones thus deserve the top seeds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 am

karnsharda12 wrote:
Just wanted to point out those who think the valley 2 and 3 or if kits wins the vancouver 2 will be ahead of regional winners you are mistaken they will seed the winners of the valley v n d island an vancouver and independent winner if they win at the very top regardless of exhibition game wins because they are the regional winners they won their zones thus deserve the top seeds

How would they deserve top seeds if their zone is really weak? If a zone has the two top teams in the province, the one who comes second shouldn't be seeded below every other zone winner just because they didn't win their zone. This is something I do not agree with whenever it is done at any level. NCAA doesn't do it like this, not many other leagues do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 am

depends how u classify a weak zone no one has seen all the zone winners just like people are asking how kelowna is when some are listing kelowna number 1 or how people would like to see south ranked low even tho they have beaten kits vc pitt and other top teams I personally believe vancouver is the hardest league to come out of with kits vc saints an churchill and dont think the valley beyond the top 4 hold much merit when teams like fraser heights are finishing 5th also i think smus and claremont deserve to be ranked high the way i would have it is this

1) VC if Vc wins if kits wins then Wrca would be number 1
2) WRCA
3) Churchill
4) Kelowna
5) BBY South
6) Mouat
7) SMUS
Cool McMath
9) Claremont
10) Lord Tweeds
11) Duchess Park
12) Lv Rogers
13) Dover Bay
14) Penticton
15) Skeena
16) Ballenas

I know some will say Wrca deserves to be above VC due to the one victory they have over them but if you look at strength of Schedule VC played all the top teams this season and on paper have the strongest team in the field just my own personal opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 am

Great to see others perspectives! I agree vc is the best team in the province on paper, but theyve lost to so many teams this year it would be tough to put the at #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 am

I hope they don't use dinosaur tactics for seeding. We always complain about how we need to be more progressive...but then we shut up and turn a blind eye when these dinosaur tactics favour our zone. Zone winners shouldn't get a free pass...doesn't matter if ur the valley, indy, v&d, okanagan, etc..

I think a consensus top 3 is WRCA, VC & Churchill. After that it's up for grabs. Yes, people can poke fun at Fraser Heights for being Valley 5...yet they'd be a top 10 seed in this week's field at SMU. No Zone's 5 seed even comes close. Tweedsmuir is Valley 3 but they are as deserving as anybody else to be the 4 seed at the BC's. If I'm not mistaken...unbeaten against Pitt, Mouat, South & McMath. They lost to Churchill in a 1 possession game in the Drive Final and they beat WRCA. They've only had 1 bad game in the past month(loss to WRCA in Valley Final 4). They could've finished higher than 3rd if they had a chance to play Pitt or Mouat in the Final 4. I think the key is for the draw to be split up evenly...I hope that Kelowna & South both don't get the 4 & 5...that's almost a free pass to the Final 4 without being tested. Does anyone know when the draw comes out...Tuesday??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunkit29

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:58 am

Sim wrote:
I hope they don't use dinosaur tactics for seeding. We always complain about how we need to be more progressive...but then we shut up and turn a blind eye when these dinosaur tactics favour our zone. Zone winners shouldn't get a free pass...doesn't matter if ur the valley, indy, v&d, okanagan, etc..

I think a consensus top 3 is WRCA, VC & Churchill. After that it's up for grabs. Yes, people can poke fun at Fraser Heights for being Valley 5...yet they'd be a top 10 seed in this week's field at SMU. No Zone's 5 seed even comes close. Tweedsmuir is Valley 3 but they are as deserving as anybody else to be the 4 seed at the BC's. If I'm not mistaken...unbeaten against Pitt, Mouat, South & McMath. They lost to Churchill in a 1 possession game in the Drive Final and they beat WRCA. They've only had 1 bad game in the past month(loss to WRCA in Valley Final 4). They could've finished higher than 3rd if they had a chance to play Pitt or Mouat in the Final 4. I think the key is for the draw to be split up evenly...I hope that Kelowna & South both don't get the 4 & 5...that's almost a free pass to the Final 4 without being tested. Does anyone know when the draw comes out...Tuesday??

I understand that everyone is lobbying for a high ranking for a spot but you have to look at the facts. Tweeds and Mouat are underrated, plain and simple. How could Churchill possibly be that high? Mouat beat Churchill twice easily,playing their whole bench and also beat VC the only time they have played them. Tweeds has beat Mouat but they were missing 3 of their players over Christmas break. They have also beat South Burnaby. WRCA deserves #1 since they have the most consistent team out there. Has VC or Churchill beat WRCA? Regardless, #1 - 10 should all be scared of each other, all they need is a bad reffed game or a couple players off one day and there is an upset... just too much talent out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm

It's important to get the rankings accurate, based on ability. The #8 seed will play the #1 seed in the quarter final. If rankings are done on based on zone champions getting higher rankings, then you will see the quality teams playing against each other earlier in the tournament. Based on what I've read, Tweeds could be ranked 8th or 9th..............this would be an absolute joke. That would set up a potential quarter-final matchup with the #1 or #2 seed (you don't want to be #1 or #2 if you have to play a team as good as Tweeds this early in the tournament). Based on records and previous rankings from sportvictoria, I am guessing the following for Top 8

1. Kelowna (how can they possibly not get #1 when they were ranked #1 in Feb 9th rankings)
2. WRCA (Fraser Valley champs)
3. Churchill (V&D champs - loss to wrca in meaningless exhibition game)
4. Van College or Kits (who ever wins)
5. Mouat (2nd place - Valley)
6. Tweeds (pickem..........this is a very good team)
7. Burnaby South (plenty of wins, plenty of losses.........a team that can pick off any top team if they are at their best)
8. McMath (a 2nd place finisher in a very weak division.......would have been fun to have a playoff with Pitt or (VC/Kits) for the best team to go)

So in Quarter finals...........top ranked teams would probably rather play Mcmath or Burnaby south than Tweeds, Mouat, VC or Churchill.

It would have been really cool if Kit/VC (loser) plus Pitt were in this tournament as then the absolute top 10 teams and players would have been in attendance playing.

Prediction, no way Kelowna wins this if they are #1 as everyone will be gunning for them. At the Junior level, I don't think you ever want to go into a tournament as #1 seed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:16 pm

bball guy, I second you on saying that kelowna wont win it. My prediction is that it is going to be one of the these 5 teams depending on how the draw is.

Kits(if it win today), wrca, churchil, South and Mcmath. The strong underdog is Mcmath and might surprise lot of teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Kits 51 VC 48

Both these teams deserve to be in provincials! Great game, it was back and fourth the whole way but it just looked like Kits had more will to win, maybe it had something to do with the loss to churchill, because they were fired up! Although the game was played at saints iy looked as if Kits had home court as they had a ton of screaming fans out.

Dunkit 29, Vc beat mouat by 3 at the pitt tournament a couple of weeks ago, rankings should be out tonight or tommorow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

im sorry but just because a team lost and it wasnt leauge play doesnt mean you can call it a meaningless game, both team tried and the outcome of the game is important, teams need to stop making excuses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 am

who ever said it was a meaningless game, it was the most important game of the year for both vc and kits as they were fighting for a provincial spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley 2011   Today at 1:04 am

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2