HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jr Ball thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
coachjazz

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm

They get in, because all team from the east make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

why though? this is a stupid system u have to win games to make playoffs. this is a competitve leauge why do we let teams that dont win games in playoffs, a team can basically lose every single game on purpose to rigg the standings and still make playoffs, because a standing where they eliminate the last few teams in the standings teams wouldnt rig it because they need to win games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachjazz

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

any prediction ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 pm

I've stated mine, anyone care to disagree that it'll be a SH vs SRB west final and a LR vs St Pete east? I think St Matt could knock off LR since they just did but aside from that, I think that these teams have to be the favorites but with that said, we are dealing with junior boys so anything can happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachjazz

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:22 pm

i agree, with your prediction. Any upset that you might see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm

depends on the definition of upset. If you mean which of my predicted 4 have the best chance to be knocked out then I'd say LR cause of the match up vs St Matt's and SRB cause of their with St Joes.

Aside from that, the West is so much weaker IMO vs the FW that all of the top seeded West teams will be knocked so I suppose that technically those are upsets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachjazz

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:26 pm

I have watched the Desl and st-francis game.....Sacred heart has nothing to worry....this should be an easy one. But on the other hand Glebe looked good in there game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Lisgar vs ridgemont will be a good one on feburary 18 2010. there undeafeted in tier 1. but central divison seems week this year. BUt lisgar seems really strong and they will defenatnly win lets see if they can beat the east divison teams in semis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Aceforever wrote:
I've stated mine, anyone care to disagree that it'll be a SH vs SRB west final and a LR vs St Pete east? I think St Matt could knock off LR since they just did but aside from that, I think that these teams have to be the favorites but with that said, we are dealing with junior boys so anything can happen

Like the predictions, will come down to coaching and who will adjust for the respective re-matches - think SRB and St. Pete's have the edge in coaching...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm

baller29 wrote:
Lisgar vs ridgemont will be a good one on feburary 18 2010. there undeafeted in tier 1. but central divison seems week this year. BUt lisgar seems really strong and they will defenatnly win lets see if they can beat the east divison teams in semis

baller29 I don't know how you think that Lisgar is better than Ridgemont. In their first match Ridgemont blew them out by I believe 20 points and the only reason lisgar has a good record is because coaches were sitting out their best players thinking that Lisgar was a bad team. Although they an alright team, Ridgemont will easily win that matchup. Also, Lisgar lost to Ashbury a tier 2 team in the preliminary season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm

its all about statistics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Lisgar Vs Ridgemont   Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 am

Hey fellas, any idea if there's a cost to watch the game? I plan on attending to watch a couple of my players square off against one another. Also to the person that mentioned Lisgar losing to Ashbury in the prelims...it's not how you start. It's how you finish. I know for a fact that the Lisgar coach is pushing them to their limit and getting the best out of them. Fundamentals win games and that's how Lisgar has been winning. Just saying. Of course, Ridgemont could be a hot team too right now. Should be a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 pm

i agree to that, lisgar works well as a team and use fundementals to win, ive seen other teams play with more talented and more athletic players but they still can't beat lisgar, if you look at the scores for lisgar most games are won by 1 or 2 points because when it comes to close games like that, its fundementals, thats why lisgar is doing well, teamwork beats talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I totally disagree with your statement. Ridgemont has more talent, more skills, a deeper bench, and better fundamentals. If lisgar loses by 10 points to Ridgemont, I consider that a great game for Lisgar. baller29 we will eventually see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Their record seems to speak otherwise. I notice a lot of inconsistency from their results. Even one of the players I coach agrees that they are far too inconsistent. Tonight we shall see how far they have come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:01 pm

OSSCoach wrote:
Their record seems to speak otherwise. I notice a lot of inconsistency from their results. Even one of the players I coach agrees that they are far too inconsistent. Tonight we shall see how far they have come.

Well OSSCoach do you have hope in Ridgemont now. All the other games that they have played has been fluke games. Ridgemont, as i said earlier, is the better team no doubt. And with Lisgars unsportsmanlike attitude starting a fight after the game shows that they are immature and not yet ready to play against real ballas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperactive

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm

XavierJay wrote:
OSSCoach wrote:

Well OSSCoach do you have hope in Ridgemont now. All the other games that they have played has been fluke games. Ridgemont, as i said earlier, is the better team no doubt. And with Lisgars unsportsmanlike attitude starting a fight after the game shows that they are immature and not yet ready to play against real ballas

Xiaver even though ridgemont hit an amazing three point shot to win the game do not demoralize lisgar`s team. They played a good game but couldn`t compte against ridgemont up tempo style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm

so it's going to be

SRB vs Brookfield in one semi
SH vs the winner of EOM and Mer in the other.

Again, I see this being SRB vs SH in the west final for the 3rd year in a row I believe. SH has won both of the other times, maybe SRB is due?

No surprises in the east yet either

LR vs the winner of St Matts and Hill
St Pete vs Lisgar

gotta think that the expected Semis will happen still and St Pete to go to the final with the great rematch of St Matts vs LR going down.

LR is still the best team in the juniors I believe but strong coaching and disciplined play from St Matt's can once again pull the upset.

I wonder if the St Matt's squad feels any pressure with the SR's upsetting SH to go to OFSAA once again?

should be a solid Tuesday of semis, any other predictions out there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperactive

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Aceforever wrote:
so it's going to be

SRB vs Brookfield in one semi
SH vs the winner of EOM and Mer in the other.

Again, I see this being SRB vs SH in the west final for the 3rd year in a row I believe. SH has won both of the other times, maybe SRB is due?

No surprises in the east yet either

LR vs the winner of St Matts and Hill
St Pete vs Lisgar

gotta think that the expected Semis will happen still and St Pete to go to the final with the great rematch of St Matts vs LR going down.

LR is still the best team in the juniors I believe but strong coaching and disciplined play from St Matt's can once again pull the upset.

I wonder if the St Matt's squad feels any pressure with the SR's upsetting SH to go to OFSAA once again?

should be a solid Tuesday of semis, any other predictions out there?

Aceforever lisgar lost to ridgemont so it`s going to be ridgemont vs st.peter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm

To Xavier, I was at the game and it was neck and neck. Not exactly a blow out now was it? Ridgemont played maybe 7 players the ENTIRE game. Lisgar executed to perfection and outworked Ridgemont. Nonetheless Ridgemont won the game. Now you speak of unsportsmanlike conduct by Lisgar? Do you know what caused the incident? No? Here I shall inform you...The player who hit the winning shot (believe his name is Montay) after shaking hands took his jersey off and placed it at half court on Lisgar's floor. Like any team with pride, Lisgar reacted and kicked the jersey away. That's what started the fight...well if that's what you even want to call it. More temper then anything but cool heads prevailed. I also read that Brookfield won too? How was that game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Ridgemont played more than 7 players OSSCoach It's all good though. The team that I had chosen to win had won and that proved my point. And Lisgar I believed played only 7 players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 pm

But you see, you clearly stated before that Ridgemonts deep bench would beat Lisgar quite handedly. That wasn't the case. Lisgar was given the chance to finish the game by hitting free throws but they didn't convert 4 of them. You may have predicted the winner correctly but if this were proline you would have lost Laughing Good game though. Let's see what they can do against St. Petes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm

lisgar could of won easily if they made the foul shots, it was a sad game for lisgar a real upset, for the first time in many years they had a successuful season like this. i have to congratulate them for this, but at the end there was no way that ridgmont could of held the ball that long basketball fundementals is to play hard D even at the last second there was no presure on ridgmont on the last play and that was what cause them the game. Next Year when the juniors move up Lisgar senior will look good they will be a threat in tier 1(AAA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Sorry Baller 29 and OSSCoach
Lisgar is simply a team that overachieved this season. Ridgemont is a team that lost only close games in the regular season but did far better in tournaments always winning 4 or 5 games.
I am an assistant coach for St Peters and what I have noticed is that Ridgemont has been the most inconsistent team the whole year but the were way too talented to not go far in playoffs.
I've seen that squad play a lot and i say they have a real shot to make the championship game.
They are the fastest team to play with 3 guards that can all handle the ball extremely well.
St Peter's Vs Ridgemont
LETS GO KNIGHTS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm

I agree they are a talent heavy team. But don't knock on Lisgar like that. Their point guard was amazing and they ran a fundamental offense that caused the Ridgemont zone to falter. Personally I would have attacked the 2-3 zone through the high post rather then try to over load the two low posts. Offensively I didn't see anything spectacular. They even admit it's a free lance offense and well teams that play that style of game live and die by it. When they clicked it looked great but they committed a lot of turnovers against Lisgar's high pressure man to man defense. I was happy with either team winning. I just wanted a great game of basketball which is what I got to watch. How does Brookfield look though? I'm interested in watching their game against Sir Robert Borden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Today at 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Jr Ball thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next