HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jr Ball thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:50 am

d

Last edited by XavierJay on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 am

OSSCoach, I didn't exactly say that Ridgemont's deep bench was going to win the game for them. And as for the free throws, why do you have the ball in your hand at the ending of a close game when you can't shoot free throws. Although the play by lisgar to get the ball back was very impressive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:24 am

Xavier I've watched Ridgemont play on more than one occasion and I definitely did not see a deep bench. I think Ridgemont has a great starting line-up that runs a very high speed, fast pace game but they look to be all street ballers. OSSCoach is right if you play by the up-tempo game you will die by the up-tempo game. I think the real problem for Ridgemont against St.Peter's is that they are a much shorter team than St.Peter's. The point guard and shooting guard for Ridgemont are way to short to guard Daniel Nwosu.
The main problem that will lose the game for Ridgemont is that they don't have a deep bench. Ridgemont has a slasher who comes of the bench with a shooter and a defensive player and that's all. Compared to St.Pete's who roll out 12 players every game.
My Prediction is St.Peter's: 65 Ridgemont : 59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:33 am

Louis Riel VS St Matthew's
I really think this game will come down to the wire with theses two teams. They played each other twice and both games did come down to the wire. With both being won by St Matt's. The first one I believe was at the Bill Wren Classic and the other was in the regular season. St. Matthew's seems to be a stronger team now than at the beginning of the year. I give all the credit to M.Wakefield. This young man is spectacular. Louis Riel's key player to watch is J.Dorsanvil. These two will probably determine the outcome of this game. Louis Riel's size will cause a problem to St. Matthew's just like it does to every team.
My Prediction is that this game will be a high scoring affair with Louis Riel winning by a few.
S. Matthew's : 64 Louis Riel : 68
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:35 am

care to post your thoughts on the West Semis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:05 am

Brookfield vs Sir Robert Borden
I think Brookfield thus far has been the biggest surprise of the playoffs. From what I heard the game vs Holy Trinity was never close. Next they went on to defeat Woodroffe on the road 54-49. This shouldn't be such a surprise since the last time they played Woodroffe pulled out a victory at Brookfield in overtime 67-61. SRB is a team that doesn't have the most tremendous talent but they have utilized their big Tremain Inyang to their best of their ability. Every offense possession the ball runs through him first. Rarely do I see an offense possession where the ball doesn't touch his hands. The key problem to SRB is their guards aren't really good. Brookfield has a great frontcourt with a pair of twins and former Celtic's player Dusan Matic. Overall I think one man (Tremaine) will not be able to carry this team any farther and Brookfield will still be alive. I think Brookfield probably will win. Not to diminish Brookfield's accomplishments but the West division is very weak compared to the East this year. I've seen bottom ranked teams in the East take out some top ranked teams in the West. Shocking that the West is so weak. Who ever comes out on top for the West won't really matter because they will lose badly to any of the remaining for East teams in St Pete's, Ridgemont, Louis Riel, St.MAtt's
Brookfield : 52 SRB 45
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:15 am

the big man on SRB is Phil Stenjajev, not Tremaine Inyang. Tremaine is the pg.

I agree that the top teams in the city is the east. Can't say otherwise as LR/St Pete and St Matt are the top 3 teams in the city but SH and SRB have given those teams good games.

I agree 100% that the east wins the final but I don't think that it's going to be the blow out that you see coming.

I think that the worst match up for the west is a LR game since none of the West teams can handle the size LR brings. If St Matt or LR come out of the east, I think the west champ can give them a game but again, an east win of 8 or so would be my guess, certainly not a blow out.

If Brookfield is so strong btw, why did they finish 4th in the West?

Merivale was not strong and neither was Wood as both lost numerous times to SH/SRB/St Joe and EOM from the FW. I saw the FW as the stronger division again this year but have not seen the Brookfield team play.

What did Brookfield do in their tourneys? They lost to Mer by 27 points and SRB beat Mer by something like 15 or so in the Mer tourney. Seems strange to have such high hopes for them with these kind of results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:16 am

What about the SH game vs the winner of Mer/EOM?

BTW, anyone know who won that game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old guy

PostSubject: Jr ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 am

Lebron 123: If you are actually the assistant coach for St Pete you should be ashamed of yourself for some of the things you have been saying. If you are that kid that sits on the bench sometimes, ehh, you are probably very inexperienced and I suppose you can be excused. From what I have seen, the only time St pete "rolls out" 12 players is when they are up by at least 30 points at the half. If they are playing a competitive team, as they probably will from here on in, it will beDaniel and his four passing buddies against the world. The only way the other St Pete players will get any time is if one of the first five gets injured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

I thought that St Pete had a number of Club guys to go with Daniel but he was "the man" and the others were merely support pieces but good ones.

Is that wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballboy

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:07 pm

They have some other good players, they can't be that good with one player
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 pm

the finals are set

Out west it's SRB @ SH

Out East it's St Pete's @ LR

should be 2 very close finals

my prediction is SRB by 7 and LR by 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burbury

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 am

I beleive LR will come out of the East with a close win over PETE

But don't overlook SRB coming out of the West
When SH and SRB first played SRB's centre Phil Stenjajev was not playing
The game was still a 5 point game ending 56-51

Without having much interior presence SH will get run all over by Borden's post play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old guy

PostSubject: jr ball thread   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

It will be LR by 20 over St pete in the East. St Pete doesn't have anyone to take on the LR big man (Raph I think), their starting fwds are small and intimidated by him. Their coach will not use their only good forward, why would he he hasn't used him all year. With Christian and Raph on the floor Daniel and his gang don't have a chance. My prediction is that St Pete might play 7 deep and the starting lineup will be worn out by the half. It's a shame they had such potential this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigman31

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Even though SH has gone 8-0 throughout the regular season, they are not a strong team in the post position. SRB will be able to dominate them in that aspect, but there are ways to always stop or slow that down. SRB is a pretty strong team, and a well coached. They have a strong defence with a quick, big, shutdown defender that would be able to stop their shooter. As a team, they can shutdown and stop teams from scoring. SH does have a pretty solid man to man defence, but with the presence of two post players, they will not be able to adjust to SRB's offence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachJ

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:09 am

I can tell you that SH was also missing some key players when they played SRB last time as well. SH rolled out with 8 players and that was all where as SRB had most of their team. I guess the game today will answer the question but I do see a SH victory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballboy

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 pm

SH beat SRB and St. Peter beat LR, making it a SH vs. St. Peter final.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 am

St. Peter will easily win that matchup. The west cannot compare to the east. I see this game being a 30 point blowout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:46 am

I certainly don't see this as a blowout. Daniel and support pieces vs Keegan and Emmanuel with support pieces. Daniel is the best player but has no secondary stud. SH has 2 studs but have a weaker support cast.

I agree that the east wins but blow out just doesn't make sense. Keegan and Emmanuel are simply too good for that to happen.

52-45 for St Pete is my call.

Congrats to SH and St Pete's on their titles. I believe this is the 4rd year in a rown for SH in the city finals and they have lost the last 3 to Hill, CB and St Pats I believe. Maybe redemption time and they can pull off the upset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:16 pm

I really don't believe so. I believe the score will something in the 70's for st peters and something in the 40's for sacred heart. St. peters is just too good for Sacred heart to pull off an upset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Aceforever wrote:
I certainly don't see this as a blowout. Daniel and support pieces vs Keegan and Emmanuel with support pieces. Daniel is the best player but has no secondary stud. SH has 2 studs but have a weaker support cast.

I agree that the east wins but blow out just doesn't make sense. Keegan and Emmanuel are simply too good for that to happen.

52-45 for St Pete is my call.

Congrats to SH and St Pete's on their titles. I believe this is the 4rd year in a rown for SH in the city finals and they have lost the last 3 to Hill, CB and St Pats I believe. Maybe redemption time and they can pull off the upset.

You can't be serious. St Peter's will probably get to unload the full bench in this one because Sacred Heart is so weak. You can tell me I'm wrong if you want. Even with that perfect record it doesn't matter. The West is substantially weaker than the East. I think Sacred Heart would have lost to any of the final four teams out east in (St. Peter's, St. Matthew's, Louis Riel, Ridgemont)
St Peter's : 76 Sacred Heart : 34
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 am

wow, I agree that the east is better but based on the results from tourneys that I saw, I just don't see how a blowout can happen here. I mean a win of 15 many say is a blow out so that could be the case but I just don't see it being more then that. Guess we'll all see on Tuesday, I know I'll be there watching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballboy

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:50 pm

SH lost to St. Peter 49-43 in the city finals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

no disrespect to St Pete's or blame on Keegan but had Keegan had even a half decent game, SH wins and wins by alot. He must have been sbout 2 of 15 from the floor (but he did hit most of his foul shots).

Congrats St Pete's and tough one yet again SH, 3 years to city finals is quite the accomplishment but to not win one of them has to hurt!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballboy

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Well St. Peter had a 20 point lead until they lost one of their players to foul trouble. Still, Keegan was played well defensively but had he made some of those shots, the game would have been very interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jr Ball thread   Today at 7:35 am

Back to top Go down

Jr Ball thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next